News Josh Jackson Mid-Week Press Conference: Round 11 v Wests Tigers

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Cheers @jof. I posted this elsewhere but since there’s a dedicated thread…

Leaving aside that Jacko is reaching the end of his career, a lot of Kennelers bag his leadership, but today’s presser I thought he handled very well.
Hearing from the Captain after all the noise and word vomit of the last 48 hours - onya Jacko!

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He handled that pretty well I thought. He gave plenty of respect to T Baz as well as acknowledgement that the playing group are also responsible for delivering results. Also good that he's serious about not having given up on making something of this season despite being in a very poor position.

Hopefully the squad has had a big wake up call and we can finish the year strongly.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cheers @jof. I posted this elsewhere but since there’s a dedicated thread…

Leaving aside that Jacko is reaching the end of his career, a lot of Kennelers bag his leadership, but today’s presser I thought he handled very well.
Hearing from the Captain after all the noise and word vomit of the last 48 hours - onya Jacko!
He handled the presser well. I think it is a bit over the top to label Baz as the best coach he has ever had considering his record- but good on him for supporting him. I still doubt his leadership though. IMO, He does not project confidence and the 'i guess' start to every sentence should of been smashed out of him by the media training he would of had over the years

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Well spoken, loved his swipes at the fuckwits on fox...

BUT

If he truly meant what he said about Baz and wasn't just paying lip service to him then I don't think he shouldn't be on the field with us next year. Best coach? Come on bro...

Hopefully it was just a mate trying to defend the undefendable.

Last edited:

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Couldn’t have handled that better. Now lead the way on the field for once, hope he plays with a chip on his shoulder again like his old self

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well spoken, loved his swipes at the fuckwits on fox...

BUT

He he truly meant what he said about Baz and wasn't just payingnlip service to him then I don't think he should be on the field with us next year.

Hopefully it was just a mate trying to defend the undefendable.
Jacko is loyal to the core, just backing his mate I think. This could be good for him, he needed a wake up call

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Seems as though he’s prettt dirty on Baz getting the sack. I don’t believe he’s just giving lip service there either.
In all honesty I do wonder if he jumped or if he was pushed now. If we assume that T Baz read some of the comments circulating on forums as well as facing the shit in the media, the pressure could have just taken it's toll.

I've been in jobs where it just hits a point where you decide dwelling on the pressure from work is destroying the ability to carry on elsewhere in life with any happiness.

battered sav

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Great response by Jacko. Still believe we're only a decent halfback from being much further up the ladder. Tipped the dogs to win on Friday despite not knowing the final side.

To be honest I feel for Barrett and am very disappointed at the way his tenure has turned out. Jacko seems sincere in his appraisal of Barrett and genuine in his disappointment.
Can't see Potter having an influence on results unless he can unearth a new half. If he persists with Fannagan we add another spoon to the cabinet.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Nice guy, loyal servant but his time as captain and a starting player should come to an end as soon as possible.

If he thinks Baz is the best coach he's played for he has even less football IQ than I thought.. He's been the common denominator in a losing culture for six years and hasn't done much to help change it or inspire his teammates.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
C’mon TK-ers…

What else is Jacko going to say:
‘Yeah, Mr. 15% was pretty ordinary and we’re all glad to see the back of him’.
I don’t doubt Trent’s sincerity or effort during his tenure - the simple fact is it didn’t work and the right decision has been made for all involved.

It’s time to look forward and the best way to do that is give the Tigers a touch-up on Friday.