News Josh Jackson Mid-Week Press Conference: Round 11 v Wests Tigers

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
To little to late Jacko, how long do we wait for improvement, Be honest shit coach and to many plodders, how about you say i trust what Gus is doing and i think the club is heading in the right direction finally. And im retiring to help the cause.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
C’mon TK-ers…

What else is Jacko going to say:
‘Yeah, Mr. 15% was pretty ordinary and we’re all glad to see the back of him’.
I don’t doubt Trent’s sincerity or effort during his tenure - the simple fact is it didn’t work and the right decision has been made for all involved.

It’s time to look forward and the best way to do that is give the Tigers a touch-up on Friday.
What is most concerning to me is that it has taken 18 months of the same shit tactics before action was taken.......

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
C’mon TK-ers…

What else is Jacko going to say:
‘Yeah, Mr. 15% was pretty ordinary and we’re all glad to see the back of him’.
I don’t doubt Trent’s sincerity or effort during his tenure - the simple fact is it didn’t work and the right decision has been made for all involved.

It’s time to look forward and the best way to do that is give the Tigers a touch-up on Friday.
WTF Mr 95% ..I thought my comments weren’t that bad..I’m mean our GM has blocked me..my comment wasn’t that bad to him either. Oh HANG ON..Mr 15%..Barrett.. Phew!!

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Jackson described Baz attributes of a perfect coach

Great communicator
Motivator
High footy IQ

I’m guessing he lacked accountability and transparency because the results speak for themselves

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
What is most concerning to me is that it has taken 18 months of the same shit tactics before action was taken.......
3 year contract.
They weren’t going to pull the trigger too early and we had to manage creating the reputation of being the coach sackers. But obviously enough was enough…

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No he didn't.

the only way they'll shut Anasta up, is by the performance on the field. So far Anasta is more than right.
Not really re Anasta

They asked James Graham the same question and he said “I am not around the club so it would be unfair for me to say that. I see blokes like Addo Carr and Burton trying as hard as any player in the competition. I think it’s unfair to say they have lost their DNA. They have just lost their confidence “

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jacko is well spoken and doesn't fluster or get too emotional.... We need someone to kick the shit out of players like Dufty and Naden when they weren't putting in. Some players need to get kicked up the ass to motivate them and other need support and hand holding. I keep on coming back to this James Graham to Mitch Brown... Jacko would just have given the disappointed look.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Not really re Anasta

They asked James Graham the same question and he said “I am not around the club so it would be unfair for me to say that. I see blokes like Addo Carr and Burton trying as hard as any player in the competition. I think it’s unfair to say they have lost their DNA. They have just lost their confidence “
That's two players. For how long has our line speed in defence been absolute shit? How long have we not lasted the 80 minutes? Why is Ferris sacked?

I'm with Anasta here, the dogs of war was mainly about our forward pack bashing others into submission over the whole 80 minues (100 minutes if it went into sudden death). Now we get bashed into submission after 20 minutes.

The only way they'll prove Anasta and others wrong is by actions on the field.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's two players. For how long has our line speed in defence been absolute shit? How long have we not lasted the 80 minutes? Why is Ferris sacked?

I'm with Anasta here, the dogs of war was mainly about our forward pack bashing others into submission over the whole 80 minues (100 minutes if it went into sudden death). Now we get bashed into submission after 20 minutes.

The only way they'll prove Anasta wrong is by actions on the field.
The team of the last few years is not the team that I have supported since the 80s. Bulldogs were always the toughest and the fittest. We were always despised by other fans because of how unrelenting we were. Now fans just feel sorry for us. Something is clearly missing

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure he was just saying Trent was the best coach he's had cause he knows how upset Trent is atm. Fact of the matter is, besides a few good defensive efforts in the early rounds, we've been absolutely atrocious across the board. For an attacking coach, we never seemed to have an attack plan.

I can't think of one player that got better under his coaching and that's the problem. If I saw players getting better week in week out (even if marginally), I wouldn't have minded the losses, the problem was we regressed every week.

When JJ was out for the roosters clash and we won, did Barrett learn? No, he took a winning team and threw Jackson straight back into the team... why not use the opportunity to have him come off the bench? Why not try something different?

Coaches can't be best friends with players.. it will never work, they must fear and respect you.

You don't reward players like JMK, Thompson, Okonbur, Nadan, Dufty, Waddell etc with their name on the team sheet the next week.

You drop their ass for a month for 2 or 3 poor performances - regardless of who we are playing. If your jobs on the line (which Trent knew he had until round 10 to sort), you don't keep hoping things will change when NOTHING changes.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Who do you dislike more? Anasta or Gus?
I don’t dislike either..Anasta is Anasta..Gus just pisses me off because he‘s never straight to the point..he seems to always has a get out clause to deflect the blame from him .he can be very petty.. Nonetheless he is the GM that Canterbury deserves, but not the one it needs right now.. lol!