Joey Johns halves coaching role at the dogs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Let's hope we pick him up. Would be a huge pick up for Mbye and Reynolds. Let's face it. THEY NEED IT.

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
I am not a fan of Joey "I slur all of my words because I turn up on coke" Johns but it is something we need addressed and my personal dislike doesn't extend to him as a coach - go ahead.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
We don't need a halves coach. We need a half.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
the Chookpen are quoting Danny Weidler that the Chooks have just wrapped Johns up as their halves coach.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He's worked with us previously but yep Roosters have just picked him up for their stockpile of halves.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
He's worked with us previously but yep Roosters have just picked him up for their stockpile of halves.
If true we are ****ing idiots. What the **** is our staff actually doing? Anything?

I see no new rookies coming through that are huge potential that weren't already in progress prior to this lot (including Raelene) all Kas, Klemmer, Jacko, Lafai, Reynolds, Mbye were already here.

The only great signings that's been identified is Rona. B Morris is a superstar but let's be honest he came cause of Josh nothing to do with our staff.

Lichaa is a promising player and I still believe while Ennis was better this year, I expected that. I think in the future it's the right move.

Though other then the above? We've missed all quality players we've gone for bar Fafita who we pulled out of. We cut lose Frankie while Dorothy soaks up big bucks, he will likely rip the shit out of teams this year as he is off contract and we will all love it though then he will go back to a slob if he is re-signed. I get he is heavily targeted, I get he is doing reasonable though he's not paid reasonable money. He was paid to be a game breaker. He isn't and hasn't been at ALL. **** I wish Foran came and we never would of got Williams.

We missed the mata'crap brothers (thank ****) yet sign no one? Do we SERIOUSLY have no plans to add some quality somewhere when losing Frank & Hodko? FFS.

I don't care if we don't sign a superstar. So be it. Surely we can make some smart signings like Rona... Jump on Feldt, Munster, Oates, Copley, Edrick Lee, Mead, Gordon, Taufau, Winsterstein, Simona, Nofaluma any of about 5 Warriors backs we could of had a shot at...

Surely, ****ing SURELY we can get someone from that... They will come fair priced and potential to be a perfect addition to us to make a back 5 out of 1 of them, Rona, Morris bros and Lafai if he can pull his shit together (one bad season isn't a write off though dish that shit again next year and **** right off) Sione was an option, it's over. Perrett has to hang em up or kept as DEPTH.

Our halves need major help. Johns is that....

Pack is good still minus Frank. Jammer, Klemmer, Tolman, Kas, Jacko, Williams, Eastwood, Lane, Browne maybe Fualalo can step up or someone. Cook has to be on the bench and rotate with Lichaa.

We need to either A. go after someone like Munster HARD throw him the fullback, put B Moz to wing and hope Lafai returns to 2014 Laf OR B
sign a ****ing player listed above to play wing and hope B Moz can go uninjured and play like he did the first 4 weeks before the bloody hammy.

I am serious though our club needs to pull it's head from it's ass. Spend some ****ing money and get some players to help and someone to help our 6,7.

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every year the teams get better and better and it was quite evident this year when you review the ladder.

Next year the teams will be better once again with alot of teams welcoming new players on board.

We will be a weakened side and I cannot see us improving whatsoever.

Apparently Peter Mulholland has left the dragons while we persist with that dud Cleal

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Every year the teams get better and better and it was quite evident this year when you review the ladder.

Next year the teams will be better once again with alot of teams welcoming new players on board.

We will be a weakened side and I cannot see us improving whatsoever.

Apparently Peter Mulholland has left the dragons while we persist with that dud Cleal
When was our last major signing? Brett doesnt count because josh brought him over not the club. Probably T-rex and he was a dud, before him was Graham in 2012 I think.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
We need halves. That's what we need. Play Moses at 6, piss that headless chicken Grub off to NSW cup and sign an experienced half who knows how to kick.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
When was our last major signing? Brett doesnt count because josh brought him over not the club. Probably T-rex and he was a dud, before him was Graham in 2012 I think.
People bag Moore but look at the players that came here/agreed to come when he was coach. Ennis, Stagg, Eastwood, Franky, Halatau, Graham, J-Moz, Hodkinson and others.

They obviously sold the club alot better back then, even James Graham said he came to the dogs because they made him feel wanted.

Maybe some of them came on overs but sometimes if you want a player you need to pay fair money, it's not good enough just showing them our state of the art facilities and thinking they'll play for Des on unders.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
People bag Moore but look at the players that came here/agreed to come when he was coach. Ennis, Stagg, Eastwood, Franky, Halatau, Graham, J-Moz, Hodkinson and others.

They obviously sold the club alot better back then, even James Graham said he came to the dogs because they made him feel wanted.

Maybe some of them came on overs but sometimes if you want a player you need to pay fair money, it's not good enough just showing them our state of the art facilities and thinking they'll play for Des on unders.
Let's be real. We had SBW walk, Hughes we had to get rid off. Tonga left. Plus we just lost Mason, O'Meley etc etc...

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Let's be real. We had SBW walk, Hughes we had to get rid off. Tonga left. Plus we just lost Mason, O'Meley etc etc...
Understand your point but not all those players came in 09. Halatau arrived in 2010, Eastwood left and came back, Franky and Hodko in 2011.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The thing that concerns me most is the number of good players who came and had a look at the best training facilities in the league. They had a look at the coaching staff and went elsewhere.
Foran, Nightingale, Thurston, K.Beale, etc. Why didnt they stay? Pretty obvious to me.

bringitontm

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If true we are ****ing idiots. What the **** is our staff actually doing? Anything?

I see no new rookies coming through that are huge potential that weren't already in progress prior to this lot (including Raelene) all Kas, Klemmer, Jacko, Lafai, Reynolds, Mbye were already here.

The only great signings that's been identified is Rona. B Morris is a superstar but let's be honest he came cause of Josh nothing to do with our staff.

Lichaa is a promising player and I still believe while Ennis was better this year, I expected that. I think in the future it's the right move.

Though other then the above? We've missed all quality players we've gone for bar Fafita who we pulled out of. We cut lose Frankie while Dorothy soaks up big bucks, he will likely rip the shit out of teams this year as he is off contract and we will all love it though then he will go back to a slob if he is re-signed. I get he is heavily targeted, I get he is doing reasonable though he's not paid reasonable money. He was paid to be a game breaker. He isn't and hasn't been at ALL. **** I wish Foran came and we never would of got Williams.

We missed the mata'crap brothers (thank ****) yet sign no one? Do we SERIOUSLY have no plans to add some quality somewhere when losing Frank & Hodko? FFS.

I don't care if we don't sign a superstar. So be it. Surely we can make some smart signings like Rona... Jump on Feldt, Munster, Oates, Copley, Edrick Lee, Mead, Gordon, Taufau, Winsterstein, Simona, Nofaluma any of about 5 Warriors backs we could of had a shot at...

Surely, ****ing SURELY we can get someone from that... They will come fair priced and potential to be a perfect addition to us to make a back 5 out of 1 of them, Rona, Morris bros and Lafai if he can pull his shit together (one bad season isn't a write off though dish that shit again next year and **** right off) Sione was an option, it's over. Perrett has to hang em up or kept as DEPTH.

Our halves need major help. Johns is that....

Pack is good still minus Frank. Jammer, Klemmer, Tolman, Kas, Jacko, Williams, Eastwood, Lane, Browne maybe Fualalo can step up or someone. Cook has to be on the bench and rotate with Lichaa.

We need to either A. go after someone like Munster HARD throw him the fullback, put B Moz to wing and hope Lafai returns to 2014 Laf OR B
sign a ****ing player listed above to play wing and hope B Moz can go uninjured and play like he did the first 4 weeks before the bloody hammy.

I am serious though our club needs to pull it's head from it's ass. Spend some ****ing money and get some players to help and someone to help our 6,7.
Our forward pack is useless at the moment cause they never run hard and only lookin to get a pass away. That all comes down to crappie half's.
Glad we didn't get Joey Johns...what's he going to do give them a magic pill and tell them to play. He spent his best moments on the field on drugs... i think many people forget that.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our forward pack is useless at the moment cause they never run hard and only lookin to get a pass away. That all comes down to crappie half's.
Glad we didn't get Joey Johns...what's he going to do give them a magic pill and tell them to play. He spent his best moments on the field on drugs... i think many people forget that.
You think Joey was playing on pingers! Highly doubt this improved performance!

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Understand your point but not all those players came in 09. Halatau arrived in 2010, Eastwood left and came back, Franky and Hodko in 2011.
In which time we lost more big names e.g Kimmorley, Patten, Hazem, Hannant, Ryan etc if I'm not mistaken.

Point I am making is he didn't attract them for him. We had a roster that was WOEFUL by the end of 2008. As bad as Parra roster the past few years. We had all the money to spend to replace blokes.

I understand now we must upgrade the kids like Klemmer, Jacko etc though losing Hodko/Pritchard etc and adding NOTHING. Not even an exciting rookie like Rona is just not good enough.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
The thing that concerns me most is the number of good players who came and had a look at the best training facilities in the league. They had a look at the coaching staff and went elsewhere.
Foran, Nightingale, Thurston, K.Beale, etc. Why didnt they stay? Pretty obvious to me.
Yep.

Loyalty (second time round was enough to get him for Eels with massive overs/though needed), loyalty, loyalty, no idea.... Let's be real they are all paid big money too bar Nightingale who is just loyal.

Status
Not open for further replies.