Joey Johns halves coaching role at the dogs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
TBH, I cannot recall where I read this, it was about 5 weeks ago on a link sent to me by my Nephew in Sydney, then I heard something said during a televised game with Souths involved a week later, maybe where there is smoke there is fire who knows?
Back to Junky Johns............... Dogs got rid of him I think just before Des started with us, then the NSW SOO coaching staff got rid of him, pretty sure there was another NRL club got rid of him but I can't be sure and lastly Manly have recently terminated his services also.
He does not strike me as a person that is easily liked, (I can't stand the prick) he came close just before the GF 2015 getting fired by the media after his drunken antics at Toowoomba airport towards a young married Mother, was not involved in any media during the grand final (was taken off air) and was noted he took off for the USA on a Holliday, comes back and everyone waits till the heat is off and he is back on in the media again. I think it was Channel 9 that put him off the air at the time.
What a great example of and Immortal FFS.......as far as I am concerned they made a huge mistake putting the 8th immortal after his name at his still relatively young age at the time..... + being a drug user did not help his cause IMO
NO, we do not need this person at our club!!
The 'immortals' is just a silly list made up by a magazine

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The 'immortals' is just a silly list made up by a magazine
Hullo Hullo, watching the cocks getting smashed by the Storm last nigh, low and behold who do I see in the Cocks enclosure well well well..... its the 8th immortal again (Junky Johns) in red white and blue sitting next the another wanker "Pierce of shit" I wonder how long it will be until he gets the Ass from there too?? lol
Why would he put himself into a position where he can't win with a #7 like they have.... he must be desperate, I have always asked myself "Who outside the NRL who would Hire Junky" and further more what kind of job is he capable of outside the NRL??

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
"Who outside the NRL who would Hire Junky" and further more what kind of job is he capable of outside the NRL??
I always thought johns was a great carrier of the football. And took the defence on a lot.

With that skillset in mind I am sure there are plenty of drug cartels in South America looking for a drug runner. And I'm even more sure johns would love to assist them :p

He might have a career in trafficking :p

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hullo Hullo, watching the cocks getting smashed by the Storm last nigh, low and behold who do I see in the Cocks enclosure well well well..... its the 8th immortal again (Junky Johns) in red white and blue sitting next the another wanker "Pierce of shit" I wonder how long it will be until he gets the Ass from there too?? lol
Why would he put himself into a position where he can't win with a #7 like they have.... he must be desperate, I have always asked myself "Who outside the NRL who would Hire Junky" and further more what kind of job is he capable of outside the NRL??
Money is is only motivation...he has many habits to support

chuckynemo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What is the point? Des wants them to play a certain way so what would Johns change? Very little. You can tell he is frustrated when he watched the dogs play though lol.
No mate the way josh Reynolds takes risks and actually creates opportunities shows that des isnt the problem. The problem is with that tasteless mbye who disappears in the line.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
No mate the way josh Reynolds takes risks and actually creates opportunities shows that des isnt the problem. The problem is with that tasteless mbye who disappears in the line.
There is so much wrong in this post lol

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Disagree also

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Joey doesn't even like our halfs he always talks bad of them
Which pairing doesn't he like? Graham and Tolman or Mbye and Reynolds?

If we did sign him as a halves coach, after bagging them he maybe able to teach Mbye and Reynolds a kicking game to go with their running games.

What he'd do with Graham and Tolman is anyone's guess. Personally, I'd be nice to them. :fearful:

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You're probably right. Though Johns is frustrated because we are the most predictable and uninspiring team in the competition in attack. What he may actually do is convince Des to try a few adventurous plays...he has a footy brain & see's things others don't. The advantage Johns also has is that he sees our game unfold from the commentary box and probably has a million ideas on what our halves could be doing better.. But who the hell knows, Des being Des is a control freak.
Johns Frustrated? who the hell cares what Druggy Johns thinks ... I don't and "Des is a Control freak"? how do you come to that assumption? have you worked with him in the past? one would have to know Des a lot better than judging him while watching a game of NRL.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Johns Frustrated? who the hell cares what Druggy Johns thinks ... I don't and "Des is a Control freak"? how do you come to that assumption? have you worked with him in the past? one would have to know Des a lot better than judging him while watching a game of NRL.
Yeah, ok, spoken by a true Queenslander. You guys hate Johns as much as we hate Wally.
On Hasler, if he's not a control freak then I don't know who is?? have you heard of a guy called Michael Ennis? He may have said something on national television about that..just saying! And did you not watch the Bulldogs in the first 10-11 rounds of the competition?? Seriously mate, the players were playing at times like they were worried about what they were going to do out on the paddock and risk disappointing uncle Des! Our halves and hooker were clearly robotic and should have been given a lease to play what's in front of them. On a more positive note, they are now playing with a bit more freedom..

Status
Not open for further replies.