Opinion How much would you pay for Jack Wighton

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Raiders will always pay more, they cannot afford to let him go.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
That's O.K he can use it as a summer holiday home in the off season, meanwhile in winter He and his family are going to love cosmopolitan Belmore where everything they need will be close at hand. and they're going to love Ramadan and the Lakemba Market place with all that great food and his misses will love shopping at Bankstown Centro and his kids can go Ice skating at Canterbury and they will get great Chinese Food at the New Harmony, in Green acre and he and misses will love a flutter on the pokies at Canterbury Leagues Club or Bankstown Sports and should he get injured on the field his misses won't have to travel to far to visit him because Canterbury Hospital will be in walking distance, what more could he ask for. Show him this post, give him Thomo's money and sign him up. 8-)
Lol

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I Heard a whisper that Jack's opinion on moving to Sydney may have now changed whilst his contract negotiations are getting real serious.

Im now of the opinion that Jack is not simply chasing the coin but is certainly weighing up all his options including Sydney and calculating the financial cost of joining a premiership threatening team V's the big coin contract alone.

More information to follow in the next few days.

Last edited:

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How’s his injury history can’t say I’ve payed much attension just saying last thing we wanna do is lock up another 800k and he spends half the season on the sidelines. If he stays fit the benefit if we do stick with Burton and introduce KO will be huge.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
WALK
AND
CHEW
BUBBLEGUM
SAME
TIME
ULEH
BUT
WE
NEED
TO
RESERVE
THE
CASH
FOR
WHEN
ONE
POPS
UP
BECAUSE
AS
WE
HAVE
SEEN
MANY
TIMES
INCLUDING
THE
LAST
FEW
YEARS
WHERE
WE
SAW
REYNOLDS
AND
BENJI
AND
TOWNSEND
AND
HYNES
ALL
POPPED
UP
UBEXPECTEDLY
YOU
COULD
EVEN
HAVE
HASTINGS
AS
PART
OF
THAT
MOB
I
JUST
LISTED.
Don't
Type
This
It's
Fucking
Annoying
L
O
L

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Go for Hunt definitely
Hunt at 33 is a shining light in dragons team likely destined for nothing. Despite such re signed until 2025. Suddenly go from one of the worst half pairings in the comp to a quality pairing. Hunt in, load split Burton flourishes and would develop playing along side an experienced half who can take control as a halfback should. If it were ever a possibility I’m sure Gus would be all over it two years and a shot at a premiership. Doesn’t hurt to dream, probably re sign Flannagan season end.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anything Griffin is sacked do you abandon the possibility of Wighton and peruse Ben Hunt.
With Eleven players off contract I'd be greedy & have a go at both with Hunt for only 2 years as our 7, and Gus has public stated that he thinks Jack would make an outstanding 13 & I think that he & CC do see him as a player that could play the way that Isiah Yeo does.

And I would sell each of them the vision of joining a true premiership contender with this as our premiership winning spine -

1. Crichton
6. Burton
7. Hunt
9. Mahoney
13. Wighton

There is one BIG issue that we have all forgotten about in terms of Hunt though.
On many occasions he has publicly backed & stuck up for his coach Anthony Griffin for who he has a great bond with.
With this in mind, can you see Hunt allow himself to be courted by the man who sensationally sacked Griffin from Penrith.
Only because of this fact I would say that Hunt is the longest of shots.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Why would we want Wighton? Lol

I wouldn't offer him a Maccas cheeseburger, personally.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes to chasing Hunt or Jack. We Desperately need more leadership and quality players to nurture the young pups coming through. Without old heads like these around the club we won’t progress.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would we want Wighton? Lol

I wouldn't offer him a Maccas cheeseburger, personally.
With all due respect Gun, what you or I want for our roster has zero bearing on who Gus & CC want.
And I'm hearing that they are genuinely interested in having Jack, it's not just manager inflated newspaper talk.

More news to follow in due time.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
With all due respect Gun, what you or I want for our roster has zero bearing on who Gus & CC want.
And I'm hearing that they are genuinely interested in having Jack, it's not just manager inflated newspaper talk.

More news to follow in due time.
I know it's not up to us...but honestly, a Burton/ Wighton halves pairing would be the blind leading the blind. Unless one of them is going to play another position. But even if so, we have holes we need to fill in the roster and I don't see how Jack is the answer. He won't come cheap.

No offence, but I hope your mail is off the mark, tbh.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
With Eleven players off contract I'd be greedy & have a go at both with Hunt for only 2 years as our 7, and Gus has public stated that he thinks Jack would make an outstanding 13 & I think that he & CC do see him as a player that could play the way that Isiah Yeo does.

And I would sell each of them the vision of joining a true premiership contender with this as our premiership winning spine -

1. Crichton
6. Burton
7. Hunt
9. Mahoney
13. Wighton

There is one BIG issue that we have all forgotten about in terms of Hunt though.
On many occasions he has publicly backed & stuck up for his coach Anthony Griffin for who he has a great bond with.
With this in mind, can you see Hunt allow himself to be courted by the man who sensationally sacked Griffin from Penrith.
Only because of this fact I would say that Hunt is the longest of shots.
You think we could afford Hunt AND Wighton? I think that is very optimistic, fam.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know it's not up to us...but honestly, a Burton/ Wighton halves pairing would be the blind leading the blind. Unless one of them is going to play another position. But even if so, we have holes we need to fill in the roster and I don't see how Jack is the answer. He won't come cheap.

No offence, but I hope your mail is off the mark, tbh.
Think "Isaiah Yeo" ball playing lock, who is rated as one of of the most influential players in the game by coaches and players alike.
I think Jack could fill this role very capably.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You think we could afford Hunt AND Wighton? I think that is very optimistic, fam.
I'd almost call it a pipedream as Ben Hunt loving Griffin means he most likely won't link with Griffins enemy Gus IMO.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Think "Isaiah Yeo" ball playing lock, who is rated as one of of the most influential players in the game by coaches and players alike.
I think Jack could fill this role very capably.
Wighton is on a lot at Canberra and apparently it isn't enough for him. Do we really want to take such a huge gamble on a bloke who hasn't played lock in NRL in hope he might be the next Yeo? I wouldn't be taking the punt.