Opinion How much would you pay for Jack Wighton

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gus mentioned on 100% footy that he thinks that Jack Wighton would make a very good lock forward.
He would be awesome for us playing lock at the right price.

So the question is how much do you think that Jack would be worth to play lock for us?
Fair swap with TPJ

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We use Wighton as a smoke screen to sign the 'weak gutted dog' (Horsburgh)

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
problem is Raider offering 1.1m a year and 4 years
Would you rather live in shitberra or sydney
Shitberra or sunny Qld

after tax and with the added exposure to media and marketing opportunities it won’t be that much of a difference

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Would you rather live in shitberra or sydney
Shitberra or sunny Qld

after tax and with the added exposure to media and marketing opportunities it won’t be that much of a difference
obviously wouldn't want to live in Canberra but depends on the difference in offers. If we were to offer 800k a year that's 1.2m difference over 4 years. Also I've heard his preference is QLD when talking about location. I would love to sign him to play lock for the right $. He's as tough as they come and his strengths are suited to today's lock.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
obviously wouldn't want to live in Canberra but depends on the difference in offers. If we were to offer 800k a year that's 1.2m difference over 4 years. Also I've heard his preference is QLD when talking about location. I would love to sign him to play lock for the right $. He's as tough as they come and his strengths are suited to today's lock.
100% agree
Can the dolphins or titans offer him the position he wants ?

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Loose unit. No thanks.

Just one dumbfuckery moment away from ending his career.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But he will end up in a south QLD team. Apparently he just bought a family home in the Sunshine Coast.
That's O.K he can use it as a summer holiday home in the off season, meanwhile in winter He and his family are going to love cosmopolitan Belmore where everything they need will be close at hand. and they're going to love Ramadan and the Lakemba Market place with all that great food and his misses will love shopping at Bankstown Centro and his kids can go Ice skating at Canterbury and they will get great Chinese Food at the New Harmony, in Green acre and he and misses will love a flutter on the pokies at Canterbury Leagues Club or Bankstown Sports and should he get injured on the field his misses won't have to travel to far to visit him because Canterbury Hospital will be in walking distance, what more could he ask for. Show him this post, give him Thomo's money and sign him up. 8-)

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
His window winning a comp with Canberra is gone, he’s far better off taking his family to the warm weather up north and raking in more money over the same term in the process.
Mayeb he likes cold?
I’ve always understood Jack to be a Canberra boy straight through.
He’s aboriginal so would have an attachment to his land/tribe and that’s obviously near Canberra.
Someone said he bought a house on the sunny coast….. my guess is that’s a holiday house, but if it’s a for real house. Then it’s obvious it’s dolphins.

He’s not coming ti the dogs, ti take a paycut ti live in Greenacre with all the hektiks cmon

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
But he will end up in a south QLD team. Apparently he just bought a family home in the Sunshine Coast.
I think his brother in law is Dave Reynolds supercar driver and his sister in law live there so makes sense
Cook wants to be in sisters pocket with kids etc

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We use Wighton as a smoke screen to sign the 'weak gutted dog' (Horsburgh)
There's a few good forwards at Raiders. Horsborough being one, Guller, I like the young guy they have - Mariota and Mooney. I doubt they would let them go, but why not have a crack.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I can confirm that Jack will not move to Sydney, he hates the place. This comes from the horses mouth himself.

If he leaves Canberra he will end up in Brisbane where his soon to be wife has immediate family living.

Media are tipping Dolphins as his QLD option, but I honestly believe if he is leaving for glory & not the coin then I honestly can see him at the Broncos who are perfectly positioned in a premiership window.

With Farnworth leaving next year, Jack can easily play left centre in 2024 along side Reynolds in his last contracted season. Then in 2025 Jack plays 6 with Mam at 7.

But with Canberra now reportedly offering 4.4 over 4 years, I think it will be very hard for him to leave.
Broncos would be seriously stacked if Jack joined… big query having Reynolds, Staggs, Carrigan, Haas, Walsh, Capewell and Cobbo on, over or near 1M+ and not be over the cap…

They must be considering letting Haas go… but who knows? Storm, Chooks and Broncos seem to be the few teams who can stack their rosters without suspicion. Understand some players will accept unders to play at elite clubs but even that’s not super common these days, it’s generally the highest bidder

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mayeb he likes cold?
I’ve always understood Jack to be a Canberra boy straight through.
He’s aboriginal so would have an attachment to his land/tribe and that’s obviously near Canberra.
Someone said he bought a house on the sunny coast….. my guess is that’s a holiday house, but if it’s a for real house. Then it’s obvious it’s dolphins.

He’s not coming ti the dogs, ti take a paycut ti live in Greenacre with all the hektiks cmon
I don’t expect him too and I personally wouldn’t chase him. My money would be spent in a quality 1 and some monsters in the middle.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Broncos would be seriously stacked if Jack joined… big query having Reynolds, Staggs, Carrigan, Haas, Walsh, Capewell and Cobbo on, over or near 1M+ and not be over the cap…

They must be considering letting Haas go… but who knows? Storm, Chooks and Broncos seem to be the few teams who can stack their rosters without suspicion. Understand some players will accept unders to play at elite clubs but even that’s not super common these days, it’s generally the highest bidder
No on the radio today in Brisbane they're on the verge of re-signing Haas and he will be the most paid player ever at the Broncos.
They're talking 1 million plus.