Opinion How much would you pay for Jack Wighton

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Gus mentioned on 100% footy that he thinks that Jack Wighton would make a very good lock forward.
He would be awesome for us playing lock at the right price.

So the question is how much do you think that Jack would be worth to play lock for us?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Contrary to other peoples opinion, I'd pay him 750-800k if he was coming here to play lock for 2 years.

It would suit Ciraldos style, give Burton better service. It would also give Reed Mahoney help defensively in the middle as Wighton is fit as and his defensive technique is arguable best in the league.

Last edited:

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1. Critta
2. Kiraz
3. ?? Xerri if he goes well in reserves, Skelton, Perham?
4. Alamoti
5. JAC
6. Burton
7. KO
8. ?? New signing perhaps
9. Mahoney
10. King
11. Kikau
12. Preston
13. Wighton

14. ?? Utility player
15. RFM
16. Pele
17. ??

If Gus likes him I back it, think he would flourish and proper link that side great for Burton, great for KO and Mahoney. All for it 800 probs

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Worth 800k for sure
Would definitely try n get some third party arrangements too. He definitely will have offers over a million.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’ll go dolphins. Wants to move his family to QLD.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But he will end up in a south QLD team. Apparently he just bought a family home in the Sunshine Coast.
A little presumptuous if he hasn't signed anywhere yet. Could rent it out if he stayed at the Faders I suppose.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
A little presumptuous if he hasn't signed anywhere yet. Could rent it out if he stayed at the Faders I suppose.
Don't know the whole story but the SEN guys mentioned a "family" home.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jack would be a massive gamble, if he was signed to play lock and fails then we're stuck with a million dollar player who considering his age can only really play 5/8 or centre at a high level, 2 positions that we don't need.
We shouldn't be gambling on players out of position like this, we're already doing it with Stephen Crichton, if he fails at fullback then we're stuck with an over paid centre that we don't need.