How is Cody Walker not playing origin 3?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
On ability just as good, plus Wighton is proven at Origin level (shown that ability to step up) and has trained with the team throughout the series.

Walker would only be picked alongside Reynolds as a club combo, and on previous origin appearances neither of those two set the world alight. Fittler has done the right thing picking Wighton.
Wighton has been rubbish all year. Walker is one of the form halves of the competition. He’s only had once chance in origin. I think he deserved another. He’s clearly the better 5/8 at this point in time, IMO.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the series was on the line Walker and Reynolds would of been selected. Freddy's blooding Moses and Wighton (at five-eighth) for the future in case Cleary and/or Luai go down in the future.
Yep 100%, otherwise it would be the bunnys 6&7 plaing for NSW, even more so if series was alive. Freddy didnt pick the OC's from bunnies cuz he is looking to the future.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Aight on a much better defender than walker

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think it's because Freddy ruled a line through him after he got dropped a few years ago. And because he hasn't been in the best form this year compared to last season and Freddy has a hard on for Moses.

I agree that we should try and sign Benji on the cheap though.

707_2Belmore

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How would you know? He’s played one game there. I think he’d be kettle with nsw outside backs to work with. Wighton has been rubbish this year. Surely Walker deserves his chance.
He killed the 1 chance he had. You either nail your one origin chance or even half nail it otherwise it’s bye bye, next batter up! Not to mention the anthem protest he went into his FIRST camp with.
Wighton’s proven he can handle the origin arena

And Moses will ?
I hope he steps up but let’s be honest he’s a bit of a soft c##k & the deficiencies he has at club level will be found out if QLD are smart enough to target him

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I agree Cody is a very good player but I dont care if he plays origin or not. I reckon a Lewis - Wakeham halves combo could beat qld in game 3

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Both Moses and walker are good at exploiting gaps vs bottom 8 teams but aren’t good trying to create for there outside men, at least with origin it’s give it to turbo and we get points

Tazer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Both Moses and walker are good at exploiting gaps vs bottom 8 teams but aren’t good trying to create for there outside men, at least with origin it’s give it to turbo and we get points
Walker not good at creating for his outside men lol? He's leading the try assists by a long way......Tom would score 6 tries outside walker.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
How would you know? He’s played one game there. I think he’d be kettle with nsw outside backs to work with. Wighton has been rubbish this year. Surely Walker deserves his chance.
He's actually played 4 games and we lost 3 of them.

We've won the series so Fittler went with the younger players instead of picking the 31 year olds.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Says a lot about that muppett. First 2 games we had a player with Polynesian heritage at 6, then we have Wighton for game 3 who is indigeonous.

But yes Cody, it's because you're indigeonous and not because the other players are just as good or better, and of course it's nothing to do with the fact you're a grub and a dickhead.
Dont forget JAC and Latrell

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He killed the 1 chance he had. You either nail your one origin chance or even half nail it otherwise it’s bye bye, next batter up! Not to mention the anthem protest he went into his FIRST camp with.
Wighton’s proven he can handle the origin arena

I hope he steps up but let’s be honest he’s a bit of a soft c##k & the deficiencies he has at club level will be found out if QLD are smart enough to target him
Wighton has stunk up the Como all test. Not picking Walker in his current form was incredibly dumb.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He's actually played 4 games and we lost 3 of them.

We've won the series so Fittler went with the younger players instead of picking the 31 year olds.
Oh right. I didn’t realise he played last year. Didn’t pay close attention to the series, to be honest.... I doubt he was the reason we lost.

I can understand planning for the future, but Wighton has been poor all year snd he is 28. Not exactly a spring chicken himself. Walker didn’t debut in first grade til he was relatively old compared to other players. I reckon he’s got a few more years in him yet.

I just don’t see the point in picking an out of form 28 year old when you could have one of the form players in the comp.