How is Cody Walker not playing origin 3?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I think it's because Freddy ruled a line through him after he got dropped a few years ago. And because he hasn't been in the best form this year compared to last season and Freddy has a hard on for Moses.

I agree that we should try and sign Benji on the cheap though.
I think his form has been great this year.... and I just don’t get going with Wighton in his current form. I don’t think Freddy likes him, but we have a chance of 3-0 here. Pick your best team.

Benji is just what we need.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Yep 100%, otherwise it would be the bunnys 6&7 plaing for NSW, even more so if series was alive. Freddy didnt pick the OC's from bunnies cuz he is looking to the future.
By picking an out of form 28 year old?

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Oh right. I didn’t realise he played last year. Didn’t pay close attention to the series, to be honest.... I doubt he was the reason we lost.

I can understand planning for the future, but Wighton has been poor all year snd he is 28. Not exactly a spring chicken himself. Walker didn’t debut in first grade til he was relatively old compared to other players. I reckon he’s got a few more years in him yet.

I just don’t see the point in picking an out of form 28 year old when you could have one of the form players in the comp.
If the series was on the line I would've 100% picked Reynolds and Walker as the halves but because the series is over I have no problem with picking Moses and Wighton. We need to know if they can step up in the future if we have injuries again.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Walkers a fuck wit why would you want him in a NSW jersey? We already won this year, we’ve got an eye on the future not the past with this old cigarette looking **** in walker.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Well because once he comes in, he will make it all political again and gets all the other Indigenous lads involved and takes away from what the game is about...

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Massive tool but should be playing..much more creative than Wighton.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wighton has been rubbish all year. Walker is one of the form halves of the competition. He’s only had once chance in origin. I think he deserved another. He’s clearly the better 5/8 at this point in time, IMO.
His club form may be better but that doesn't neccessarily make him a better Origin player. Anyway guess we disagree on this selection but it is one for the future in terms of an experienced Wighton partnering a debutant half back.

Will be interesting to see how Moses goes. Even if he nails it he still probably won't get picked again unless Cleary gets injured. However, given Moses has been questioned about being able to step up in semi finals, if he plays badly I think it will wreak havoc in his head during the semi finals this year.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont forget JAC and Latrell
Tbh I wasn't even thinking about the anthem protest stuff, more so his behaviour and how he plays the game. Must not have been a deal breaker though if Latrell and Fox have been picked, unless he was seen as the ring leader.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
His club form may be better but that doesn't neccessarily make him a better Origin player. Anyway guess we disagree on this selection but it is one for the future in terms of an experienced Wighton partnering a debutant half back.

Will be interesting to see how Moses goes. Even if he nails it he still probably won't get picked again unless Cleary gets injured. However, given Moses has been questioned about being able to step up in semi finals, if he plays badly I think it will wreak havoc in his head during the semi finals this year.
Yeah.... I get your point.... but we’ll have to agree to disagree. I don’t think picking a player as out of form as Wighton was the right call.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Well I don’t know about that.... but I do think if he were being judged solely on his merits as a player, he’d have to be there.
Nasheed here,
It’s because luai and Cleary play together in the best team.
Laui and coby are similar but they play together and know their stuff.
Coby also goes aboriginal nuts with the anthem and stuff