How is Cody Walker not playing origin 3?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Well according to him, it's because he is aboriginal.
Well I don’t know about that.... but I do think if he were being judged solely on his merits as a player, he’d have to be there.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He just doesn’t have that extra gear to go up to when it comes to origin. Carves up clubland but origin’s a different beast, not made for it
How would you know? He’s played one game there. I think he’d be kettle with nsw outside backs to work with. Wighton has been rubbish this year. Surely Walker deserves his chance.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If the series was on the line Walker and Reynolds would of been selected. Freddy's blooding Moses and Wighton (at five-eighth) for the future in case Cleary and/or Luai go down in the future.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Obviously it's not because he is aboriginal.

It's because he is a whinging grub c***.
I don’t care what type of bloke he is. This is a rare chance for a nsw clean sweep. If he’s the best msn for the job (and I think he is) pick him.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
If the series was on the line Walker and Reynolds would of been selected. Freddy's blooding Moses and Wighton (at five-eighth) for the future in case Cleary and/or Luai go down in the future.
Yeah I think thst is probably it.... but Wighton has already played origin and is out of form. Not msny origin teams have had such a good chance to sweep a series. I think he should have gone with his best available 17..... he should have Walker > Wighton, at very least. Reynolds isn’t a huge step up from Moses.... although going with another club combo would be tempting. Wighton isn’t young anyway.

If he wanted to blood a young talent, play burton off the bench.

Last edited:

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well according to him, it's because he is aboriginal.
Says a lot about that muppett. First 2 games we had a player with Polynesian heritage at 6, then we have Wighton for game 3 who is indigeonous.

But yes Cody, it's because you're indigeonous and not because the other players are just as good or better, and of course it's nothing to do with the fact you're a grub and a dickhead.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Says a lot about that muppett. First 2 games we had a player with Polynesian heritage at 6, then we have Wighton for game 3 who is indigeonous.

But yes Cody, it's because you're indigeonous and not because the other players are just as good or better, and of course it's nothing to do with the fact you're a grub and a dickhead.
Wighton better then Walker? On current form? Lol

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fittler has a hard on for Mitch Moses. I have no idea how Wighton got selected, he's been very average this year.

It's wouldve been safer to have Reynolds Walker and Cook operating together rather than a totally new halves pairing.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Fittler has a hard on for Mitch Moses. I have no idea how Wighton got selected, he's been very average this year.

It's wouldve been safer to have Reynolds Walker and Cook operating together rather than a totally new halves pairing.
Yep. I just think it was the smart thing to do. Playing a debutant alongside a half who is so out of form is a recipe for failure.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wighton better then Walker? On current form? Lol
On ability just as good, plus Wighton is proven at Origin level (shown that ability to step up) and has trained with the team throughout the series.

Walker would only be picked alongside Reynolds as a club combo, and on previous origin appearances neither of those two set the world alight. Fittler has done the right thing picking Wighton.