Opinion How bad was that

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It has to be the structure/culture/environment at the club.
Any decent signing we have had almost becomes much worse when they arrive to us.
All the way back from Cotric. He was an origin player when he arrived to us and he became absolute garbage.
So many players we got that were supposed to improve us, instead they became worse.
Mahoney was a fringe origin player with the Eels. He is pretty much one of the hookers in the league, look at what Marshall King is doing at the Dolphins.
There is something about the environment at the club which results in bad performances.
Nah we just haven't signed proven coaches. All the coaches after Des have been signed on potential or their success as an assistant to a head coach.

Docta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Nah we just haven't signed proven coaches. All the coaches after Des have been signed on potential or their success as an assistant to a head coach.
I think coaching is part of it but I wonder if other factors play a part? Fitness training? Strength and conditioning training? Our science and technology programs?

How do we stack up to the better clubs?!

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So far 2024 looks like it will be the 8th year of bullshit.
I have said it before many times here on TK .... seasons 2026 and 2027 are the ones to hold out for, Dogs top 8 in 2026 and Top 4 in 2027 .... you read it here first ladies and gentlemen ....

PeteHazz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
After yesterday's game, for the first time, I wanted to start a thread. Except that there are already a dozen on all that ails our team already. Chose this one as being closest to my heart

I hate losing and I especially hate the dirty sharks. I don't know what will fix our team, but if it was as easy as posting a few comments in a few threads, the Dogs would've been fixed years ago. So too would every other lesser team. Sometimes a bit of luck is the difference between momentum and winning or getting stuck losing. We've been both luckless and awful

I don't care what happens from here, as long as we don't dish up another 2 sh!tty, lame effort, putrid weeks like we just did. Aim up boys, tackle hard, run hard and scramble like your life depends on it. Do that and it makes taking another loss a bit easier. But I can't keep going to games and tuning in to this rubbish

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Absolutely smashed through the middle today. Never seen anything like it. Was always worried about this game as sharks know we are undersized and know exactly how to exploit it. Size hop drop crackdown it's just gotten worse for us since then out defence has just been way to soft.
Missing Burton and JAC, against a top four side brimming with talent, with bigger units, and at full strength. The NRL dished up a big win for the Sharks against an underdone team of juniors, playing out of position.

Makes me wonder- if we had our best players on the field, the Sharks had their top players on stand down for SOO, and we had 61% possession, how the score might have looked.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
After yesterday's game, for the first time, I wanted to start a thread. Except that there are already a dozen on all that ails our team already. Chose this one as being closest to my heart

I hate losing and I especially hate the dirty sharks. I don't know what will fix our team, but if it was as easy as posting a few comments in a few threads, the Dogs would've been fixed years ago. So too would every other lesser team. Sometimes a bit of luck is the difference between momentum and winning or getting stuck losing. We've been both luckless and awful

I don't care what happens from here, as long as we don't dish up another 2 sh!tty, lame effort, putrid weeks like we just did. Aim up boys, tackle hard, run hard and scramble like your life depends on it. Do that and it makes taking another loss a bit easier. But I can't keep going to games and tuning in to this rubbish
The second half was better to watch, even though it had some woeful moments. We kept them below 50 when I was convinced that 70 was looking likely; and we saw some great moments from young players like Morrin.

Like many games this year, we never get the bounce of the ball or the lucky breaks. Refs watch us like hawks, nit picking soft penalties, while our opponents get away with similar actions, especially the hold downs and inside the ten.

Despite another year of disappointment, I have the feeling that we are starting to come out of the gloom. Last year, the team would have given up in the final 20 minutes and concede easy tries for a record defeat. Our youngsters are beginning to show potential, even though they are a bit overwhelmed by the big time.

Scoobs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I can’t believe we have hit rock bottom! What has this club become?

We used to be fearful now we’re fearless and everyone laughs at us!

The racist supporters today full gave it to their doggies mates/others telling them to leave before the game had even started so they wouldn’t be embarrassed by the scoreline.

We are a joke!

No attack
No defence
Childish errors

This year needs to fuck off! Ive had it

We are the only bottom team on minus triple digit points.
scary thing is, this probably isn't rock bottom. Sharks weren't great today. Penrith, Broncs and souths go 60+ if we play like that against them.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1,6,7 yesterday we fielded were reserve graders that wouldnt get played in first grade at any other Club.
Not just 1 of them,combination of all 3 on the field playing together at the same time.
Forward pack is the softest in the NRL.
We fielded a weaker team yesterday than the last time we played them when they rolled us.
We played the Sharks. Did anyone honestly expect the final score to be much different before kick off?

Nothing will improve until we recruit first graders.

Its easy to sit here and blame Ciro for all the decisions he makes. I hate seeing Perham at FB.
But Im not going to dump shit on Ciro 16 rounds into him trying to get blood from a stone.

Doesnt matter what he or Gus say publicly or in pressers.

Ciro didnt assemble this squad. He knew it was going to be a shitshow but he he took on the challenge.
Gus has been here what 2 years arriving after Baz had made some poor acquisitions.

Its painful but its ridiculous to expect them to have shed all the dead wood in that time.

Other Clubs are years ahead of us.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1,6,7 yesterday we fielded were reserve graders that wouldnt get played in first grade at any other Club.
Not just 1 of them,combination of all 3 on the field playing together at the same time.
We fielded a weaker team yesterday than the last time we played them when they rolled us.
We played the Sharks. Did anyone honestly expect the final score to be much different before kick off?

Its easy to sit here and blame Ciro for all the decisions he makes. I hate seeing Perham at FB.
But Im not going to dump shit on Ciro 16 rounds into him trying to get blood from a stone.

Ciro didnt assemble this squad. He knew it was going to be a shitshow but he he took on the challenge.
Gus has been here what 2 years arriving after Baz had made some poor acquisitions.

Its painful but its ridiculous to expect them to have shed all the dead wood in that time.

I don’t think anyone expected them to win, but they were expected to play like footy players. Defend as a unit, catch bombs, in a first tackle runaway make the easy pass or take the tackle, slow the play-the-ball, get up off the deck to defend, last tackle kicks away from the FB, keep attacking kicks in the field of play, kick grabbers into the in-goal, bloody run hard with the ball…I’m sure there’s more but after 25min I switched off at 18-0 down.

We can’t sack the coach again, we’ve done that too often in too short a time and it doesn’t make things better. But he’s lost the room from what I can see so I’m not sure what else he can do…it’s really up to the players to pull together. Ciro’s togetherness theme from the preseason is nowhere to be seen.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don’t think anyone expected them to win, but they were expected to play like footy players. Defend as a unit, catch bombs, in a first tackle runaway make the easy pass or take the tackle, slow the play-the-ball, get up off the deck to defend, last tackle kicks away from the FB, keep attacking kicks in the field of play, kick grabbers into the in-goal, bloody run hard with the ball…I’m sure there’s more but after 25min I switched off at 18-0 down.

We can’t sack the coach again, we’ve done that too often in too short a time and it doesn’t make things better. But he’s lost the room from what I can see so I’m not sure what else he can do…it’s really up to the players to pull together. Ciro’s togetherness theme from the preseason is nowhere to be seen.
All valid points.
I often say we are the dumbest team ive ever seen because we cannot do the basics right.
I have no idea why this is.
Getting monstered doesnt help.
Maybe its a case of you lie with dogs you get fleas.
When you have blokes like Okunbor in the team who has size to crush it but plays like is a hippy, braindead players (they may be smart in all other areas of life but footy IQ?) like Wadell, Perham, TPJ I mean this is what we are dealing with.

I dunno. How does Ciro train the dumb out of these blokes? Its been an issue for years.

Last edited:

Scoobs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Getting rolled through the middle the way they did is directly attributable to the coach and the staff. No-one expected a win, but fans expect a bit of starch in defence and some semblance of cohesion in attack this far into the season.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Getting rolled through the middle the way they did is directly attributable to the coach and the staff. No-one expected a win, but fans expect a bit of starch in defence and some semblance of cohesion in attack this far into the season.
Cant argue with any of that. As I said, we need recruits

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Missing Burton and JAC, against a top four side brimming with talent, with bigger units, and at full strength. The NRL dished up a big win for the Sharks against an underdone team of juniors, playing out of position.

Makes me wonder- if we had our best players on the field, the Sharks had their top players on stand down for SOO, and we had 61% possession, how the score might have looked.
We would have been pumped with Burto and JAC lol

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm tired of the we have no thomo or kikau
Bar morning and Preston the forwards are not nrl standard

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well said ..