Opinion How bad was that

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We need a rebuild AGAIN.. same crap year after year with new players and coaches so the issues run deep.

Gus saying it’s going to take years sounds right but I feel it’s more like him buying time before shit hits the fan.

Dogs are the new tigers.

I don’t like saying this but we deserve the spoon because it shows that we are doing everything wrong and change won’t happen (if it ever well) unless the pressure is there too.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My observations
1. The defensive efforts of the team are just disgusting, no one is playing together and covering for each other like the good teams do.

2. Perham is not an nrl standard fullback, he is a depth player at best.

3. There's not a single halfback on the books that's capable of controlling the side, building pressure or constructing points and repeat sets.

4. It was so obvious at times that we needed some size on the field and yet he only played Patolo and Pele for a combined 37 minutes.

5. Oloapu is not a halfback and right now he is nowhere near ready to be a first grade player in any position.

6. I know we've had injuries this year buy how TF is Okunbor in the first grade side let alone our starting backrower.

7. Kurtis Morrin may be small for a first grade forward but he and Preston are the only players with some bulldog in them and I'm sold that he's a better lock forward than Harrison Edwards.

8. Ciraldo if a fraud and the latest soyboy to show he's nothing more than an assistant coach.

under_Dogz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Im not upset i expected it. Knew Sharks and in particular Hynes were going to go off this week after last week. And we had no halves, and havent had a fullback all year. Mahoney hasnt been in peak form either. We were no chance running around without a spine vs a decent team.
Hynes started the game very poorly but we were to inept to take advantage. Any half decent team today against the sharks would’ve been in with a real chance of winning and Hynes poor form would’ve continued.

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can’t believe we have hit rock bottom! What has this club become?

We used to be fearful now we’re fearless and everyone laughs at us!

The racist supporters today full gave it to their doggies mates/others telling them to leave before the game had even started so they wouldn’t be embarrassed by the scoreline.

We are a joke!

No attack
No defence
Childish errors

This year needs to fuck off! Ive had it

We are the only bottom team on minus triple digit points.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Hynes started the game very poorly but we were to inept to take advantage. Any half decent team today against the sharks would’ve been in with a real chance of winning and Hynes poor form would’ve continued.
Yeh but we were not a half decent team. Worst spine we have fielded in 5 years for starters. KO has the excuse of being only half a dozen game into his FG career. Perham is poor, and Flanagan wont even be playing for the dogs in the halves ever again unless we are forced into it like today. Mahoney is a good 9 but has been rocks or diamonds all year. We probably do have the worst spine in the NRL even when Burton plays.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I honestly believe the game would've been far different had Perham not stuffed up. The team is mentally weak at the moment and almost give up when they know they have to chase points again.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I honestly believe the game would've been far different had Perham not stuffed up. The team is mentally weak at the moment and almost give up when they know they have to chase points again.
Agreed. I thought we started well and were going set for set. We had an attacking set. Last tackle Flanagan puts in an ineffective grubber and Hynes runs 90m. Next tackle try. Then next set they March downfield and get a penalty 8-0. Then a few sets later Perham drops the bomb. Next set fry. 14-0 in the space of 5 mins and that’s when the heads dropped.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep he killed us early and it went down hill from there. You couldn’t give me 10 TPJS for one Morrin

Northern Beaches dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It has to be the structure/culture/environment at the club.
Any decent signing we have had almost becomes much worse when they arrive to us.
All the way back from Cotric. He was an origin player when he arrived to us and he became absolute garbage.
So many players we got that were supposed to improve us, instead they became worse.
Mahoney was a fringe origin player with the Eels. He is pretty much one of the hookers in the league, look at what Marshall King is doing at the Dolphins.
There is something about the environment at the club which results in bad performances.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agreed. I thought we started well and were going set for set. We had an attacking set. Last tackle Flanagan puts in an ineffective grubber and Hynes runs 90m. Next tackle try. Then next set they March downfield and get a penalty 8-0. Then a few sets later Perham drops the bomb. Next set fry. 14-0 in the space of 5 mins and that’s when the heads dropped.
Correct. As soon as Sharks got into their rhythm I knew we were in for a long afternoon.

When you're already a poor team, you can't afford to make such dumb unforced errors. You just let the whole team down. You could tell by the body language of his team mates when the sharks scored off his mistakes that they were filthy with, especially after they had trained hard all week.