Hooper: Fuming Dog demands immediate release after ‘car crash’ attempt to woo him back

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Pretty sure the issue is him not following team instructions and code of conduct in the first place.
Yes, TEAM instructions. He didnt deserve to be deregistered for that offence.

We have wife bashers on the field who were backed by their club.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Love how the media are now backing CHN...go back a couple of months and they were cruicifying him.... Media love to set the agenda, if we had backed him they would've been all over us.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If CHN doesn’t want to be at the club we will get fucked over and there’s little we can do about it. There’s no point keeping him to make some point it’s just wasting his cap space and it won’t get us anywhere.
It's the principle. No point letting him go until agreement has been made with a player somewhere to join us to take the cap space we will free up by letting him go. Doesn't have to be a swap. Until we get a player we are happy with who is happy to join us, he can sit his butt down and fume away.

bulldog butch

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fuck off hooper your not even good to be a piece of shit.... Your nothing but diarrhoea

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think the dogs should of at least tried to differentiate the two. Then if they couldn't because of the politics, sponsorship/NRL/media pressure. They should have managed that situation with CHN with support. By all reports they just let the process happen, let the media and fans think he did the same think as Okonbur and now because his appeal is overturned the board and CEO want to keep him now. CHN should not have been deregistered. Fine for the offence and suspension if he had a history. The next player who hooks up on tinder and brings a girl back to the hotel will not be deregistered. Before the covid bubble, players across the NRL brought girls back to team hotels all the time.

I want him to stay but I understand if he feels a way.
True but this was more about breaking the team rules than corona. He thought with his dick and didn’t give two shits about his fellow players, club and us fans

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Was one of my favourite players. If this is anywhere hear the mark he can go and get fucked.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
True but this was more about breaking the team rules than corona. He thought with his dick and didn’t give two shits about his fellow players, club and us fans
I agree with him being in the wrong bro. Deregistered was way over the top for what he did. Okonbur deserved it but not CHN. Every media release that dogs put out grouped them as the same 'schoolgirl sex scandal'. It could of been managed better and even if unsuccessful as i know the media would of been smashing us anyway. I think it would of been best to try and portray an accurate narrative

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hooper's head looks like he's just been in a car crash. He makes the Elephant Man look like Johnny Depp.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
This dumbf@#k is one of the journalist who threw him under the bus and now he writes this shit???????

Why didn't he support him when all the sh!t was going down instead of throwing fuel on the fire?

Fucking Hypocrite.
You are so right, these journos hate us.
There paper articles front and back page in telecrap putting shit on players calling it another Scandal pressuring the club to act saying its bad bulldog culture. Now the same pricks are on the players side. Their Scum

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I agree with him being in the wrong bro. Deregistered was way over the top for what he did. Okonbur deserved it but not CHN. Every media release that dogs put out grouped them as the same 'schoolgirl sex scandal'. It could of been managed better and even if unsuccessful as i know the media would of been smashing us anyway. I think it would of been best to try and portray an accurate narrative
I agree with you man and if the Okunbur incident didn’t happen I doubt CHN would’ve even been suspended for more than a week or two

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The comments that were mentioned in the article re our response at the time really art that bad at all. They'd more or less said they don't condone the conduct.

I don't see where the reporter is coming from.

But if chn doesn't want to play for us then make sure we get something in return for him. The club owes him nothing... If he wants to play hardball tell him to help find a suitable replacement by the club he wants to go to. And tell him and the club he wants to go to that the replacement will be up to Canterbury to decide if he is acceptable or not.

Reactions: DDR

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
At the end of the day, they both fucked up, they both brought girls who were still in high school back to the team hotel, they both gave the media ammunition to attack us and they both cost us a major sponsor..... CHN fucked up and let his club, fans and teammates down and the NRL still chose to deregister him after having all details at hand. It really isn’t the club’s responsibility to make excuses for him. He only has himself to blame and if he’s blaming the club for this, it says a lot about his lack of character. There’s a reason the club in particular is so steadfast about these rules. They don’t want another Coffs Harbour incident on their hands and it is the player’s responsibility to abide by the rules and be professional in their conduct on and off the field.

Fuck him.

Last edited:

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
At the end of the day, they both fucked up, they both brought girls who were still in high school back to the team hotel, they both gave the media ammunition to attack us and they both cost us a major sponsor..... CHN fucked up and let his club, fans and teammates down and the NRL still chose to deregister him after having all details at hand. It really isn’t the club’s responsibility to make excuses for him. He only has himself to blame and if he’s blaming the club for this, it says a lot about his lack of character. There’s a reason the club in particular is so steadfast about these rules. They don’t want another Coffs Harbour incident on their hands and it is the player’s responsibility to abide by the rules and be professional in their conduct in and off the field.

Fuck him.
I agree they are both responsible for what they did. CHN is not responsible for what Ok did. I think it is the clubs jobs to realise that what they did was very different and manage how they deal with the player. The media were always going to smash us so even though I know it was impossible to stop the NRL sanction and media scandal response. IMO, the club should have managed CHN better because he get a heavy penalty because he plays for the dogs and for what Ok did.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I agree they are both responsible for what they did. CHN is not responsible for what Ok did. I think it is the clubs jobs to realise that what they did was very different and manage how they deal with the player. The media were always going to smash us so even though I know it was impossible to stop the NRL sanction and media scandal response. IMO, the club should have managed CHN better because he get a heavy penalty because he plays for the dogs and for what Ok did.
I disagree. He put the club in an awful position and if the club tried to make excuses for him it was only going to make things a lot worse for us. He put the club in a no win situation due to his own lack of respect for club and code rules and his own unprofessionalism, regardless of what Okunbor did.

he has an attitude problem and I hope the club makes him sit on the sidelines until we find a suitable replacement. The club is NOT responsible for his bad decisions.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Kiwi Test backrower Corey Harawira-Naera wants an immediate release from the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs to join last year’s grand finalists the Canberra Raiders

Corey Harawira-Naera wants a release. (Photo by Mark Kolbe/Getty Images)Source: Getty Images

The Bulldogs held mediation talks aimed at convincing Harawira-Naera to re-join the Belmore club on Friday.

But if the Kiwi Test backrower gets his way he’ll be headed to the national capital to join the Green Machine alongside New Zealand teammates Jordan Rapana and Joe Tapine.

The Bulldogs are kidding themselves the way they’ve tried to spin the blame back onto the NRL about how Harawira-Naera was frozen out of the club.

Can you blame him for not wanting to wear the Canterbury-Bankstown jumperagain?

Let’s go back over what Bulldogs CEO Andrew Hill said when he fronted the media on March 11.

Corey Harawira-Naera wants to leave. (Photo by Mark Kolbe/Getty Images)Source: Getty Images

“The conduct not only breaches the clubs code of conduct, it is not reflective of the standards and values we have tried to instil in our players.”

Then in the media release ticked off on by Hill and chair Lynne Anderson from April 1, the day Harawira-Naera and Jayden Okunbor were deregistered by the NRL.

“The conduct of the two players, on the eve of our final trial match, demonstrated an unacceptable lack of respect for their teammates, their coach and club officials, our hosts in Port Macquarie and fans of the game everywhere,” the statement read.

“An important part of the role of being a professional rugby league player is to promote the game and act as an ambassador for your club and the code.

“There can be no tolerance for any abuse of the privileged status the game affords its leading players.”

The Bulldogs are still trying to blame Harawira-Naera and Okunbor for costing them a $2 million sponsorship with Rashays restaurant chain over the Port Macquarie pre-season scandal.

In reality, there’s people at Canterbury-Bankstown who will tell you the sponsorship was going to be worth nowhere near that much.

Corey Harawira-Naera would be an asset for the Raiders. Picture: Alix SweeneySource: News Corp Australia

After the NRL Appeals Committee overturned the initial deregistration bans handed out to the Bulldogs players, Canterbury-Bankstown must how back pay the players until April 1.

This could get them in a salary cap jam given how tight the club has always told the media their salary cap situation is until 2021.

Releasing Harawira-Naera could be able to solve any salary cap issues.

On Monday, the Bulldogs board and club bosses remained split on whether they wanted to welcome Harawira-Naera and Okunbor back at Belmore.

By Wednesday, that had all changed as influential figures on the board went to work and got everyone on the same page.

It’s pointless keeping a player who does not want to be at your club.

It becomes toxic for all involved and you are better off cutting your losses.

Bulldogs chair Anderson and CEO Hill met with Harawira-Naera on Friday to begin the process of thrashing out a resolution.

Bulldogs CEO Andrew Hill, Bulldogs Chair Lynne Anderson. Picture: Brett CostelloSource: News Corp Australia

The Bulldogs now want to keep the Kiwi Test backrower despite no club bosses contacting him after he was deregistered by the NRL and sacked by Canterbury-Bankstown.

So even tough the Bulldogs were prepared to sack him in April, under the Appeals Committee ruling Harawira-Naera is now still signed with Canterbury-Bankstown until the end of 2022.

Anderson was the one calling the shots in Friday’s meeting, where Harawira-Naera apologised for his part in what happened in Port Macquarie and the subsequent fallout.

Bulldogs CEO Hill was given a round of applause at NRL headquarters for the way he handled the scandal in February and March.

Harawira-Naera’s management remains furious the Kiwi Test backrower was called to an interview and grilled by Hill without legal representation.

The whole scenario is a complete car crash and it’s easy to understand why Harawira-Naera wants a fresh start at another club.

The Bulldogs should let him go.
A player who can't see the forest for the trees has no place in our team. I have no respect for him, if that's how he views the world.

Let the Raiders teach him some manners and humility, then let's see what they've taken on. They've had problem players in the past; so won't tolerate poor behavior. It won't be long before he wishes he was somewhere warm.

We could do an instant swap for Cotric.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I disagree. He put the club in an awful position and if the club tried to make excuses for him it was only going to make things a lot worse for us. He put the club in a no win situation due to his own lack of respect for club and code rules and his own unprofessionalism, regardless of what Okunbor did.

he has an attitude problem and I hope the club makes him sit on the sidelines until we find a suitable replacement. The club is NOT responsible for his bad decisions.
Of course the club is not responsible for what CHN did. I agree that it may of made things worse for us if we spoke out publicly that CHN and OK did two different things and should not be dealt with as the 'schoolgirl sex scandal'. IMO, i reckon they should of done a bit more to manage the support for CHN behind closed doors though. Do you really think that he would of got deregistered if Okunbor didn't happen?

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
This dumbf@#k is one of the journalist who threw him under the bus and now he writes this shit???????

Why didn't he support him when all the sh!t was going down instead of throwing fuel on the fire?

Fucking Hypocrite.
Always has to find a way to make any story about the Dogs, a negative. That's standard for his employer.

But if that's CH-N's attitude, he can go to the Canberra Bubble.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Of course the club is not responsible for what CHN did. I agree that it may of made things worse for us if we spoke out publicly that CHN and OK did two different things and should not be dealt with as the 'schoolgirl sex scandal'. IMO, i reckon they should of done a bit more to manage the support for CHN behind closed doors though. Do you really think that he would of got deregistered if Okunbor didn't happen?
Possibly not, but I can say with absolute certainty he would not have been deregistered if he didn’t make a very bad and extremely unprofessional decision.

Do you know for a fact the club didn’t offer him any support behind closed doors?