Hooker is the major problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Hahahahahaahahah Frawley to parra that’s a dream come true
No way he'll get in front of Norman and Moses. But hey, a contract is a contract... I reckon Frawley can care less where the Eels finish next year... he just wants a paycheck.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seggie isnt the answer. Matt Parsons would have been way better. Foran is broken and I hope we can retire him on medical grounds. As for waiting we will be salary cap free in 2021 so we have 2 more years to wait for any silver lining not 1.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
We need someone with fast and precise service from dummy half. Seggie is not good enough to start because Brailey is the better player. This means Seggie doesn’t work hard enough. I’m not sure why we bother with another team’s scraps.

On the other hand Lichaa is atrocious. Worst hooker since Adam Brideson.

All good teams make investments in their spine. We are one of the few teams that doesn’t do it. For me 1 7 and 9 are postions that remain unresolved heading into next year.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Hoppa carries his same form into next year that's great.

Foran and Lewis play similar ways, which is good as both attack the line and offload late, and Lewis being as good as he is will take some of the pressure off Foran going to the line and getting smashed all the time.

Hooker is our real issue. It's not that Lichaa is absolute shit, but there are critical flaws I don't think he can iron out of his game (or learn). If you watch all the good hookers, they are looking left and right and haead of them as they receive the ball, scanning the defensive line for which way to go. All this in a split second. Lichaa on the other hand gets the ball, stops for a second to think, then goes "Oh shit what do I do", and throws it where-ever. He plays dumb.

A decisive and quick hooker is all we need to push fowards and play well.

Centre position and wing for next year still fucked but I'm sure we can figure something out there. Maybe we should look at something like:
1. Hoppa
2. Bergamin/Crichton/Meaney/Carr/Holland
3. Montoya
4. Smith
5. Bergamin/Crichton/Meaney/Carr/Holland
I just cant understand how montoya is still in everyones backline. Was there anybody else out there actually watching the games or not ?

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Noddy said yesterday in commentary that Lichaa only had a one year deal and he was playing for a contract again. I have no idea if noddy has any knowledge of the bulldogs anymore but thats what he said. Im pretty sure he also said that frawley was going to parra.
Well, if the Sharks game was Lichaa playing for a renewal of contract...…???

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If Hoppa carries his same form into next year that's great.

Foran and Lewis play similar ways, which is good as both attack the line and offload late, and Lewis being as good as he is will take some of the pressure off Foran going to the line and getting smashed all the time.

Hooker is our real issue. It's not that Lichaa is absolute shit, but there are critical flaws I don't think he can iron out of his game (or learn). If you watch all the good hookers, they are looking left and right and haead of them as they receive the ball, scanning the defensive line for which way to go. All this in a split second. Lichaa on the other hand gets the ball, stops for a second to think, then goes "Oh shit what do I do", and throws it where-ever. He plays dumb.

A decisive and quick hooker is all we need to push fowards and play well.

Centre position and wing for next year still fucked but I'm sure we can figure something out there. Maybe we should look at something like:
1. Hoppa
2. Bergamin/Crichton/Meaney/Carr/Holland
3. Montoya
4. Smith
5. Bergamin/Crichton/Meaney/Carr/Holland
Sorry to disagree but I would propose this other optuion.
1) Meaney. (Young and promising and same size as Hoppa)
2) Crichton. Attacks the line well.
3) Corey Hawarara Neara. (Solid defender. Can attack the line.)
4) Need someone, but Holland ATM.
5) Remis Smith.

Hopoate is a journeyman fullback. He has been going OK last few games but his game is full of negatives. His acceleration is sub standard.
He misses tackles, he cannot position himself. His best point is his passing skills. Hopefully Meaney can be that fullback.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A hell of a lot better than that cock Lichaa!!
Lichaa isnt great but Seggy isnt "Alot" better, if much at all, my opinion though. Can see him throwing alot of stupid penalties away, and has the odd brain explosion in him.

Got to add, not saying I wouldnt be excited to see him here, just dont see a huge improvement.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Frawley will end up at Parra or Tigers, it's a given lol.. those two teams love duds

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lichaa’s slow service stifles any attacking plays before the ball reaches any other player
So sacrifice defnce for service that's a little bit quicker?

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lichaa has to go, he's had too many chances, even blind man Freddy can see he stifles our attack, I think if he's our 9 next season the team will not make the 8.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I just cant understand how montoya is still in everyones backline. Was there anybody else out there actually watching the games or not ?
Because those that are putting him there are being realistic, not posting SuperCoach teams.

Hoppa and Montoya will be in the side when fit next year. No point even debating that one.
Ditto Foran in the halves.
Ditto Lichaa at hooker.

So Forans game will change with Lewis? How so ? He’s a small backrower his mobility is shit and doesn’t have much of a kicking game and that’s if his body holds up. He’s the million dollar man who only in this world has to take less responsibility then a minimum wage player. What a waste of fucking money and time.

Also you have Montoya in the centres and Holland as your last resort. Hitting the gear hard at midnight are we?
Montoya on this years performances shouldn’t even see a spot in ISP let alone starting center.
Might help you to fact check before you look stupid.

FACT: Forans average kick metres this season were the second highest in his career.
FACT: Forans forced drop outs this season were the second highest of his career.
FACT: Forans tackle efficiency this season was the second highest in his career.
FACT: Forans average missed tackle count this season was the second lowest in his career.

Only thing that help him back was rupturing the ligaments in his toe in the first few games and having to get needled up until he had to withdraw because he couldn't walk on it. He was also playing the season with a busted wrist from the first game.

But hey.. slag away as I'm sure you do a better job as a halfback.

Montoya in the centres Dean Pay has already mentioned in press conferences. No point debating it.
Holland isn't listed as a last resort, I'm just listing options in no particular order.

Maybe think next time before you make a smart arsed remark.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Lichaa's service was absolutely pathetic at times yesterday. Also noticed him and Tolman arguing lol.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Signing another young hooker along with Chiko would be ideal. Whether that's Woolford or not I don't know..

But one of the young standouts from other clubs ranks or Parcell from the ESL would allow the club to hedge their bets.

I doubt Segeyaro would be given more than a two year deal around 350k or so. If that was near the mark, that would be solid business...

But if not Segeyaro, then ANYONE but Lichaa!

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lichaa's service was absolutely pathetic at times yesterday. Also noticed him and Tolman arguing lol.
I was at the game and really payed attention to Lichaa
He was so slow and looked confused at times on what direction to throw the ball out of dummy half
Those little half steps before throwing the ball are killing us
It gives the defence time to rush our halves and backline
On one occasion he took a couple of steps to the right,then stopped and ran in the opposite direction before passing the ball
I was in total disbelief,our team just came to a complete stop
The end result was a nothing play
He is not top grade standard

Last edited:

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lichaa is an attack stifler. Needs to go asap.

Old man Farah is light years ahead of him.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I’ve been told seggy is all but done
Won’t annouce til sharks out of semis
Good source too
Long term club sponsor

If tapau goes to roosters they release manu
But that’s if they get tapau
Hope you are right his service will improve our attack ten fold Lewis Will really benefit from a DH that can actually pass a fucking ball

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lichaa isnt great but Seggy isnt "Alot" better, if much at all, my opinion though. Can see him throwing alot of stupid penalties away, and has the odd brain explosion in him.

Got to add, not saying I wouldnt be excited to see him here, just dont see a huge improvement.
I guess we will find out soon enough if Chock has been signed fingers X'ed

Status
Not open for further replies.