Hooker is the major problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Everyone can see that lichaa impacts the attack very negatively, theres just no direction and it ruins the way our halves need to play, the service is so slow and it gives no time for the ball receiver to setup an attacking structure and confuses everyone. If we replace this problem then we will improve dramatically so heres hoping the club signs a new hooker. I really dont think we are far off just need a bit of depth in certain areas and we are good to go

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A new 9 will no doubt improve us more than signing anyone else.
I still don't think we'd be top 4 if we had Ponga (1), Munster (6), Cronk (7) if Lichaa was hooker. Beyond bad.
Surely he is nowhere near the top 17 next year or even the top 30.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Halfback and hooker imo

I still dont think Foran us a good halfback

AucklandDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Its really a bloody tough one.

One thing i do know is that we have to be patient one more year. I know its difficult as we havent had a spine in a few years now.

imo the only player in our spine who is "good" is Lewis

There is crap available now to fill in spine positions. We need to target players as they are coming off or are off contract, and as the board said - no more overs

Morris brothers are a massive loss and at this moment only Oates is available to soften the blow in one position.

Even if we do have money available, we shouldnt just throw it around, just for the sakes of it.

Foran is washed up, and i cant stand him, but there is nothing we can do.

Next year we have Cogger & Meaney who are coming in and who the fuck knows how they will go.

I will bite my tongue next year with Foran & Lichaa as we are "stuck" with them, though, in the background we should look at extending Klemmer & Jackson asap before they come off contract in 2020 just to keep the vultures away. It becomes an easier battle to sign new players than trying to sign new players as well as re-sign your stars all at the same time.

Also Remis Smith is off contract next year and we should extend his contract before the start of the 2019 season. The kid is going to be a really good centre/winger. Same goes for Ogden

Next year i think the comp will be pretty much the same as this year, because there are not many major player movements, except with the rorters

JT & Slater retiring

Rorters lose Ferguson but gain Crighton, Hall & Morris - only the rorters can pull this fucken shit off

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We are playing with one half atm at least foran and cogger are better than frawley id like to see foran at 6 and lewis at 7 running the show

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
If Hoppa carries his same form into next year that's great.

Foran and Lewis play similar ways, which is good as both attack the line and offload late, and Lewis being as good as he is will take some of the pressure off Foran going to the line and getting smashed all the time.

Hooker is our real issue. It's not that Lichaa is absolute shit, but there are critical flaws I don't think he can iron out of his game (or learn). If you watch all the good hookers, they are looking left and right and haead of them as they receive the ball, scanning the defensive line for which way to go. All this in a split second. Lichaa on the other hand gets the ball, stops for a second to think, then goes "Oh shit what do I do", and throws it where-ever. He plays dumb.

A decisive and quick hooker is all we need to push fowards and play well.

Centre position and wing for next year still fucked but I'm sure we can figure something out there. Maybe we should look at something like:
1. Hoppa
2. Bergamin/Crichton/Meaney/Carr/Holland
3. Montoya
4. Smith
5. Bergamin/Crichton/Meaney/Carr/Holland

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We have a good defensive hooker right? If we need to attack more then maybe concentrate on a more attacking FB?? Derp.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’ve been told seggy is all but done
Won’t annouce til sharks out of semis
Good source too
Long term club sponsor

If tapau goes to roosters they release manu
But that’s if they get tapau

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lichaa is an average hooker who can do a job for us but he simply isn't good enough, he's service is shit for a 100 game NRL hooker and if we get Segeyaro then that's a massive improvement, what does worry me for next season is that we simply don't want enough good enough playmakers in the side, our fb and hooker both can't play make and unless Foran can stay injury free all of next season or Cogger can have a breakout season then we will simply fail to score a lot of points.

milkdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Noddy said yesterday in commentary that Lichaa only had a one year deal and he was playing for a contract again. I have no idea if noddy has any knowledge of the bulldogs anymore but thats what he said. Im pretty sure he also said that frawley was going to parra.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’ve been told seggy is all but done
Won’t annouce til sharks out of semis
Good source too
Long term club sponsor

If tapau goes to roosters they release manu
But that’s if they get tapau
Manu would be huge for us, can only wish.
As above for Seggy.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Foran and Lewis play similar ways, which is good as both attack the line and offload late, and Lewis being as good as he is will take some of the pressure off Foran going to the line and getting smashed all the time.

Centre position and wing for next year still fucked but I'm sure we can figure something out there. Maybe we should look at something like:
1. Hoppa
2. Bergamin/Crichton/Meaney/Carr/Holland
3. Montoya
4. Smith
5. Bergamin/Crichton/Meaney/Carr/Holland
So Forans game will change with Lewis? How so ? He’s a small backrower his mobility is shit and doesn’t have much of a kicking game and that’s if his body holds up. He’s the million dollar man who only in this world has to take less responsibility then a minimum wage player. What a waste of fucking money and time.

Also you have Montoya in the centres and Holland as your last resort. Hitting the gear hard at midnight are we?
Montoya on this years performances shouldn’t even see a spot in ISP let alone starting center.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The good hookers are thinking 2-3-4 plays ahead, where as Lichaa so often hesitates and either does that stupid stop and prop move and goes himself, or looks every which way before sending it.. every millisecond counts

Last edited by a moderator:

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dont think Segyaro is the answer either tbh. Sorry if I upset anyone lol
He's a good player but not great.... yet people on here think he is a Cam Smith....... to be fair, most hookers look like Smith when you've had Lichaa for 100 first grade games

aymz maz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Noddy said yesterday in commentary that Lichaa only had a one year deal and he was playing for a contract again. I have no idea if noddy has any knowledge of the bulldogs anymore but thats what he said. Im pretty sure he also said that frawley was going to parra.
Hahahahahaahahah Frawley to parra that’s a dream come true

aymz maz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So Forans game will change with Lewis? How so ? He’s a small backrower his mobility is shit and doesn’t have much of a kicking game and that’s if his body holds up. He’s the million dollar man who only in this world has to take less responsibility then a minimum wage player. What a waste of fucking money and time.

Also you have Montoya in the centres and Holland as your last resort. Hitting the gear hard at midnight are we?
Montoya on this years performances shouldn’t even see a spot in ISP let alone starting center.
I think if forans body fails again he’ll medically retire. Then we can splash the cash on Munster $$$$

Status
Not open for further replies.