Haslers future will be decided on friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaTT

Waterboy
Reaction score
Channel 9 reporting that the meeting is because Hasler won't sign the extension because of the top 4 finish clause.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Like I've stated. Its footy.. leave it to us. I believe the women/girls have a big enough role in supporting their husbands, sons, bf or dads. Keep it simple ffs.
Oops my bad..I thought we were in the 21st century.. :-)

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
The fans that have had the balls to say and let our feelings felt are the reason behind all of this and for that take a bow! People cancelling memberships and voicing their opinions.

To the sheep, you can thank us later.

Des won't accept a pay cut, have you ever known a tight arse and how important $$$ are to them?

I still think Dymock deserves a shot for sticking with us and being loyal. Bringing Dean Pay back certainly wouldn't hurt either.

Either way we should all be understanding in that 2017 may be a lean year.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
2017 will be a painful year. Des won't care, and neither will the players. Recruitment will be bland in 2017, and no one will want to come to our club.

2018 will be the year we start rebuilding, and hopefully late 2018 will give us a good run into 2019. I think at this stage, that's our best bet.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Reading between the lines, the quote from Lamb about "understanding club culture" sounds like a ringing endorsement for Dymock.
Lamb don't know Shit, he tried coaching and failed, been employed at the Dogs ever since coz he would not be able to get a real job anywhere else. Don't get me wrong, he was a good player for the dogs and a loyal club man but, he is not qualified to get involved with coaching issues in our club.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Let's say they do offer him some stupid contract extension with rubbish clauses and a severe pay cut in hopes that he'd decline it and fuck off, does Mbye fuck off with him? Did the Muppet get the Des clause in his contract?
No, Castle and the Board refused his request for a Des clause

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But it's not just the first grade struggling, it's the whole junior ranks that have been contaminated as well. Time to cleanse the filth now and not wait another year. Start to try rebuilding asap. Lean couple of years ahead but better sooner rather than later and the whole club getting in more deep strife.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
No, Castle and the Board refused his request for a Des clause
That's a shame, he asked for a clause a lot of players ask for and get, yet the club are happy to give the most ridiculous clause anyone in the history of sports has ever heard.

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If the rumours are true and he is gone I'd go for tony smith from England
He'd bring in the England hooker Clarke whom is an absolute gun and then start building a new spine.

I know it's a risk but many coaches have gone to England coached and returned successfully eg Trent Robinson etc
Tony smith!!!!! R u serious!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The fans that have had the balls to say and let our feelings felt are the reason behind all of this and for that take a bow! People cancelling memberships and voicing their opinions.

To the sheep, you can thank us later.

Des won't accept a pay cut, have you ever known a tight arse and how important $$$ are to them?

I still think Dymock deserves a shot for sticking with us and being loyal. Bringing Dean Pay back certainly wouldn't hurt either.

Either way we should all be understanding in that 2017 may be a lean year.
I'd be alot more comfortable finishing bottom four with a new coach with a new style, promoting some juniors and showing some signs that things are growing then plodding our way to the top 8 with Des and getting bundled out in the first final.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lamb don't know Shit, he tried coaching and failed, been employed at the Dogs ever since coz he would not be able to get a real job anywhere else. Don't get me wrong, he was a good player for the dogs and a loyal club man but, he is not qualified to get involved with coaching issues in our club.
He failed because he didn't understand the tigers culture lol. He also ko'd Ellery Hanley in 88 Gf. He did to tigers what Hasler has done to us[emoji23]

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reckon lamb would be a good meninga type coach. You know, good on the stirring speeches but he needs a Hagan like offsider.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Asked if she was certain that Hasler would be at the club next year, Castle answered: “He is contractedto coach at the Bulldogs until the end of 2017"

That quote is a Castle special she said exactly the same thing with Rona.
Im not even a full time supporter or die hard fan anymore.
But occasionally I read Raelene quotes posted here and it's clear to me that she's nothing more than a muppet!

Malla

Reaction score
I love the pressure being put on Hasler and Castle from the board. This is why we are a succesful team - mediocrity will not be accepted.

I hope Hasler leaves before pre-season and we can essentially start 'rebuilding' asap. Next year under Des will be the same shit we saw this year.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Ever since 2004 the Bulldogs club hasn't been the same.
Also in 2004 everyone loved Noad and praised him for sending the club to success, but in all fairness it was under Steve Mortimers watch that the club stuck together during the salary cap scandal of 2002 to bounce back immediately and stay a premiership threat!

Malla

Reaction score
Ever since 2004 the Bulldogs club hasn't been the same.
Also in 2004 everyone loved Noad and praised him for sending the club to success, but in all fairness it was under Steve Mortimers watch that the club stuck together during the salary cap scandal of 2002 to bounce back immediately and stay a premiership threat!
I reckon 2006 was the last true doggies year. Since then, I can't remember the culture being the same at the club.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I reckon 2006 was the last true doggies year. Since then, I can't remember the culture being the same at the club.
It was but that's only because there were relics like Steve Folkes who still gave a breath of life to the club culture

Status
Not open for further replies.