Haslers future will be decided on friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sure Hagan is the answer he hasn't coached NRL for over 10 years and I'm pretty sure he had to stop because he had a serious heart condition.
He coached origin, pretty much.

But yeh, that team coaches themselves.

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dymock knocked back the full time gig as early as Monday

Hollbrook Cleary and potter being spoken too once Hasler shit is sorted
Holbrook if this is true

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh god help us then. I'd tolerate Cleary.
Maybe Dymock is trying to show loyalty to Des in case he keeps his job
Thats exactly rite he's no dummy. Mate his brother angelo use to always say u belong in the coaches box n he's always wanted to be head coach.
As if jimmy or anyone in that case would say yeh i want the job while all the shit is goin down

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I just cant believe how many bulldogs fans on face book want Des to stay.

The delusionals still think he is the Messiah who got us to 2 GF in last 4 years.

FMD... no wonder we are the laughing stock of the league.
Facebook (bulldogs fans) most of them are the ill support the team no mater what and continue to love the mediocrity type, always preaching 'positive vibes' like its going to win them some 'best fan' award haha. Most of us on here can see past all that bullshit and see how much shit the club is in.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
My view on Hasler is he needs to go. For the following reasons:

- Playing style. We have played the same now for 5 years. 2012 was off the back of a freak player who had a freak year, 2014 was lucky and a fluke run. We haven't evolved, we don't try anything new. Same old boring forward dominated play.

- Recruitment and retention. We have released Taupau, Ennis, Pritchard, Cook, Finucane, Barba, Hodkinson, Lafai, Inu, Sezer, and many others. You only have to look at Ennis to see how Hasler has restricted players. Our recruitment has been poor. Our big signing has been Trex which was a massive fail. Foran rejected us numerous times. We still don't have a FB and HB which has been a problem for 3 years.

- People say we make the 8 every year he's been here. Happy with that? Then get the fuck out. As Bulldogs fans we demand success, we expect success. Look at each years series after 2012. Smashed week 1 in 2013 after letting the cancer that ruined our season play that game. Fluked 2014, after losing 9 of 11 leading into finals. 2015, struggled to beat a crappy dragons team, then got pumped in week 2. This year was a disaster. In the top 4, lose 4 in a row, the last loss a smashing in week 1.

Our style is outdated, our game plan is rubbish. We need new blood. Goodbye Des!
1. Recruitment was a cleal fuck up. Castle signed off employing him.
2. Playing style changed this year (and we've had injuries remember) and Fucking Sunday fullbacks.
3. No other coach has as good a record as Hasler.

I'm no fan of Hasler, but I'd rather make the 8 every year, than not at all... and I can tell you, fans will go even more ballistic if we drop out of the 8 for a few years and spend the next decade trying to find a coach or kissing Hasler arse begging him to come back.

Hasler is the best out there, but he needs to change his style.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Remember the promise by Castle of a rock star fullback?

How long ago was that and yet we are still waiting.

So how long do you think it'll take to get a new coach, and how long till they sack him?

Besides, how many other coaches will sign a top 4 clause in their first year?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
2. Playing style changed this year (and we've had injuries remember) and Fucking Sunday fullbacks.

I'm no fan of Hasler, but I'd rather make the 8 every year, than not at all... and I can tell you, fans will go even more ballistic if we drop out of the 8 for a few years and spend the next decade trying to find a coach or kissing Hasler arse begging him to come back.

What a cop out Des is responsible for NRL recruitment Cleal was looking after junior recruitment and development.

The playing style hasn't changed form 2012 and apart from Bmoz and Eastwood what injuries have we had? Its not like we were missing half the squad for the year......

Haslers bulldogs record is 5 years and 0 premierships and that's what counts.

It would have been intersting to see if Des could have turned things around but after Turvey's comments today hes gone.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
@too69u is unusually quiet on this.

come on bro, give us and the media some goss

CB1935

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It would have been intersting to see if Des could have turned things around but after Turvey's comments today hes gone.
We were in the top 4 this year. Too69u said the blow torch was on Hasler. Hasler did not change a single thing and we continued the slide out of the competition.

The board are in a good bargaining position at the moment. The season is over. There is no contract extension. They have the cards to play to put performances measures in his contract. I hope they don't give in. Everyone has KPI's. Hasler should be no exception.

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hasler is not the best out there.

Hasler is the best for Manly only.

You dont pay a coach $1.2m a year, just to "limp" into the finals.

Hasler is arrogant and cant control himself where needed. This is quiet evident with the hate the club has attracted from the Media and opposing fans.

The biggest issue is, Des cannot attract established 1st graders.

If he doesnt have Manly influence around him, the bloke is out of his comfort zone and literally lost. Just have a look through the Manly duds. Egan, Cleal, Singe, Novak, Williams, Hopoate, Foran (consistwntly chasing a train wreck).

He did not want to fork out $550k for Tedesco, as he was too expensive. He knew Munster wanted to come to the dogs but let him pass by. Latrell Mitchell was an absolute freak in the lower grades, and had the opportunity to bring him into the lower grades at Belmore and work his way up the ranks. Yes they say it was Cleal, but everything goes through Hasler for the final verdict.

Than you have the fiascos of Lichaa, Ennis, Cook, etc etc. I wont bark on about it, as its been done to death.

Des has been schooled by Bellamy and Maguire on the big stage. The game has changed and Des hasnt.

You ask for the big bucks, we ask for a positive return.

"Hasler is the best out there, but needs to change his style". What a load of crap. He hasnt changed his game day shoes in 20 years and you expect him to change the way he thinks, his attitude, his persona? A 55 year old demented fool will change?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
What a cop out Des is responsible for NRL recruitment Cleal was looking after junior recruitment and development.

The playing style hasn't changed form 2012 and apart from Bmoz and Eastwood what injuries have we had? Its not like we were missing half the squad for the year......

Haslers bulldogs record is 5 years and 0 premierships and that's what counts.

Yh Des changed everything when he came from the bottom up...all these changes have been made for the worse and we are spending more $$$ than we ever have. Des has to go, simple as that.

too69u

Kennel Established
Reaction score
@too69u is unusually quiet on this.

come on bro, give us and the media some goss
Ive had my say on this.Ill leave the rest to the ones that think they know [emoji23][emoji23][emoji6]..Remember,I'm the bloke who said Rona was going nowhere but they forgot who told them 1 year before he decided to leave that Rona will heading to union [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]...

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Dogluva, can i just say i hate her lying deceptive useless carcass regardless of her gender?
Her time here is limited no matter what. She is a laughing stock and running joke with her kpi's/2 titles by 2019/thanks for your feedback mantras and i for ne am counting the days. I want my club back!
That's fair enough mate. I am by no means defending her performance, as I said I am not happy either. Being ambitious and aiming high are good things but neither are worth a thing unless you can follow through with some success.

DOGGIESSTYLE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone else getting really irritated with all the dumb fans saying, we are stupid for letting hasler go ... look at his record bla bla bla ... probably coming from the idiots who watch the game twice a year or just don't know any better

Status
Not open for further replies.