Haslers future will be decided on friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Check this out..very interesting..

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...y/news-story/b675160acd266d8a570d63cb37f748c7

Ps. I reckon the Shark's premiership..with Bulldog reject Mick Ennis..has lot to do with this..

Des Hasler’s future with the Bulldogs will be decided on Friday

Paul Crawley, The Daily Telegraph
an hour ago
Subscriber only

DES Hasler’s future at Canterbury will go on the line this Friday with revelations the football club board has been summoned to a specially convened meeting.

Bulldogs chief executive Raelene Castle has confirmed the meeting was specifically to discuss the coaching situation.

It is understood there are sections of the board who are unhappy with the direction the club is heading under Hasler. If the board opts for change, a major stumbling block could come down to negotiating a suitable payout of the 55-year-old’s reported $1.2 million salary for the final year of his existing contract.

This latest development comes in the wake of The Sunday Telegraph’s revelations Hasler has already had a two-year contract extension pulled after the Bulldogs were bundled out in week one of the NRL finals.

Castle denied the extension was taken off the table, but refused to answer whether the terms and conditions of Hasler’s original offer had changed.

The Bulldogs had a meek finish to the season.

“I am not going to talk to you about that,” Castle said.

“The truth of the matter is that we are still in negotiations with Des and his management and there has been no final decisions made on anything.

“Yes, there is going to be a board meeting on Friday and that is the main purpose of the meeting, to discuss Des Hasler’s contract extension.”

But The Daily Telegraph understands the revised offer is simply not acceptable, and will almost certainly end up pushing Hasler out of the club.

Asked if she was certain that Hasler would be at the club next year, Castle answered: “He is contracted to coach at the Bulldogs until the end of 2017.”

But she wouldn’t comment on whether there was unrest among some board members.

“I’m not prepared to discuss that with you,” Castle said.

Hasler has taken the club to two grand finals since taking over in 2012.

Hasler has also been forced to accept huge cuts to his coaching staff budget with several key and loyal personnel already told they are no longer required.

The Daily Telegraph has been told that members of the Canterbury Leagues Club board have also discussed re-evaluating their position on future football club funding.

It is understood the Leagues Club kicks in $6.5 million a year to rugby league and development, with the majority going directly to the Bulldogs’ NRL operation.

Privately, possible coaching candidates have been discussed with former Bulldogs’ greats Dean Pay and Mick Potter among names mentioned.

Friday’s meeting is expected to be attended by the full football club board that includes chairman Ray Dib and directors Arthur Coorey, Andrew Farrar, Anthony Elias, Steve Mortimer, Anter Isaac and Peter McMahon.

The Daily Telegraph attempted to contact Dibb, who Castle said was overseas, and Leagues Club chairman George Peponis, who did not return calls.

Hasler’s manager George Mimis did not want to comment.

In his five years in charge at Canterbury Hasler has lifted the Bulldogs from wooden spooners to two grand finals.

While this year’s finals exit was disappointing, the real unrest is said to relate more specifically to Hasler apparently not understanding the club’s famous culture.

While Hasler is widely regarded as one of the best and most successful coaches of the modern era, Bulldogs legend Terry Lamb spoke openly about his concerns earlier this year when he told The Daily Telegraph: “Des doesn’t know what the culture is about and that’s just what it is.

“He played against the Bulldogs and he knew what our club was about, but it’s hard to distribute that when you haven’t played for the club itself.”

Lamb is not the only person with influence who shares this opinion.

That story back in April caused plenty of angst within the club and it was soon after that Castle got on the front foot, claiming Hasler was set to be offered a two-year extension.

While Castle still maintains Hasler is under no threat, one source told The Daily Telegraph in no uncertain terms that the chairman and directors were in charge at the Bulldogs.

Last edited by a moderator:

The 2nd Spitter

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having a reputation as a miserable, inflexible and stubborn nose-whisperer has a lot to do with it too.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Told you the club was still in damage control [emoji106]
You also said at the beginning of the season and early part of it des had everything under control with this kpi crap.
Not being rude or calling you out I'm just a kenneller trying to understand

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cant stand castle. She's pissin me off more n more everyday.
I don't understand why she doesn't go and apply for a head of UN role or like a role for promoting hard line feminism lol.
So far though 2 women in powerful positions have had no success at their jobs.
Red head weasel whatever her name was as prime minister was an absolute fail and an example of what political correctness can do. And this raelene is a complete fail.
Oh look we're diverse yay we care about that more than premiership yay we're so tolerant and better than everyone yay

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cant stand castle. She's pissin me off more n more everyday.
In all honesty thats the most honest ive heard her and to be fair not much more she could have said ,her wont comment answers to me are very telling and if your a betting man youd think its bye bye des

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
While Castle still maintains Hasler is under no threat, one source told The Daily Telegraph in no uncertain terms that the chairman and directors were in charge at the Bulldogs.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Send this to the board meeting, something to munch on while they discuss the clubs future!
Screenshot_2016-10-10-21-56-50~2.png

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't understand why she doesn't go and apply for a head of UN role or like a role for promoting hard line feminism lol.
So far though 2 women in powerful positions have had no success at their jobs.
Red head weasel whatever her name was as prime minister was an absolute fail and an example of what political correctness can do. And this raelene is a complete fail.
Oh look we're diverse yay we care about that more than premiership yay we're so tolerant and better than everyone yay
Times are changing but fuk its footy, let it remain a mans job

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Times are changing but fuk its footy, let it remain a mans job
How dare you females are just as capable physically naturally as their male counterparts lol.
I know mate you're preaching to the fkn choir.
But you know a lot of people here are quite happy for the bulldogs to pursue political correct winnings over the grand final winnings.
I want the fkn trophy at belmore and I want to rub it in every eels, Rabbitohs, roosters, dragons, broncos fans faces and keep winning premierships like fkn 5 in a row.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol fkn snap

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In all honesty thats the most honest ive heard her and to be fair not much more she could have said ,her wont comment answers to me are very telling and if your a betting man youd think its bye bye des
Not the point she jus fkn annoys me n she should not be holding her position along with coach

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How dare you females are just as capable physically naturally as their male counterparts lol.
I know mate you're preaching to the fkn choir.
But you know a lot of people here are quite happy for the bulldogs to pursue political correct winnings over the grand final winnings.
I want the fkn trophy at belmore and I want to rub it in every eels, Rabbitohs, roosters, dragons, broncos fans faces and keep winning premierships like fkn 5 in a row.
Let's just get one first! But 5 is better....Lol...

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If we didn't make the GF in 2014 he'd probably already be gone. He really lucked out with that one, we were in worse shape at the back end of that year then we were in 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.