Haslers future will be decided on friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malla

Reaction score
It was but that's only because there were relics like Steve Folkes who still gave a breath of life to the club culture
I miss those days so much. Imagine what returning to Belmore would have meant for Folkes coaching? There is absolutely no way in the world we lost 3 of 4 games at Belmore over the last 2 years.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Channel 9 reporting that the meeting is because Hasler won't sign the extension because of the top 4 finish clause.
Well I don't think they can put a clause like that in legally.

Maybe we can put in a clause that if we don't make 30,000 members next year Castle is sacked.

Same thing right?

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Well I don't think they can put a clause like that in legally.

Maybe we can put in a clause that if we don't make 30,000 members next year Castle is sacked.

Same thing right?
Why can't you put a clause like that in legally?
It's a contract, you can basically put anything in it that isn't illegal. Making the top 4 is the employers demand. It's the employees decision to agree to it and sign it, or disagree and not.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why can't you put a clause like that in legally?
It's a contract, you can basically put anything in it that isn't illegal. Making the top 4 is the employers demand. It's the employees decision to agree to it and sign it, or disagree and not.
I doubt the NRL will accept the clause. Whats next, same clause could go into player contracts... the coaches and players unions will kick up a stink... and in my honest opinion, rightly so, alot of factors contribute to a top 4 finish, mainly injures and the draw itself....

I know law. And if they put a clause like that in his contract, i would love to be his barrister when he sues the f**k out of the club.

Either the board sack him, or the keep him. No in between.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They give him till round ten we'll be in the 8 minghead castle will think that's ok resign him then we stuck with same boring shit footy for longer choking in the semis or gf. He should piss off and take Reynolds with him

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Mark my words nothin is going to happen on Friday it's all a smoke screen showing that their doing something because the fans have had enouth it's all planned them and des they will resign him again watch and see

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I doubt the NRL will accept the clause. Whats next, same clause could go into player contracts... the coaches and players unions will kick up a stink... and in my honest opinion, rightly so, alot of factors contribute to a top 4 finish, mainly injures and the draw itself....

I know law. And if they put a clause like that in his contract, i would love to be his barrister when he sues the f**k out of the club.

The NRL have nothing to do with a coaches contract they only deal with players contracts. It's just like any other normal employment contract and they can put what ever KPI they want met in it and if the employee agrees and signs that contract it's a legally binding agreement.

Malpass

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
At least something is being done about hasler's coaching . Maybe it's the wake up call he needs to re address our playing style for next year.

$1.2m a year , Paul Kent mentioned some time ago that most coaches are paid a package from which they pay their own support staff and he mentioned hasler's name but fuck that's a lot of cash for no premierships......

Not sure who I would go for as a coach if they did get rid of him. Maybe Pay and Dymock as a duo, if cleary got the gig surely his son would end up at the dogs I remember reading he had a get out clause which would allow him to leave the panthers and follow his dad to another club ???

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score

Nrl has nothing to do with coaches contracts.
And these are the terms of employment. You like them you take the job. You don't like them you move on. If it was that simple. Everyone would be taking their employers to court.
A contract is a legal binding document agreed and signed on by both parties. The only way you can ever take your boss to court is if the contracts have been signed and agreed on, Than there is a change in the clause. Until then, jack shit can be done.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The NRL have nothing to do with a coaches contract they only deal with players contracts. It's just like any other normal employment contract and they can put what ever KPI they want met in it and if the employee agrees and signs that contract it's a legally binding agreement.
Wrong. Lets say Des had this clause in his 2016 contract. If i was his legals team i would argue:

a) if bmoz didnt get injured we would have made top 4 (add suspensions etc) its up the the board to prove otherwise

b) i would introduce an article written by smh saying raiders received and A+ draw whilst bulldogs received a D rated draw. I would argue this contributed to not making the top 4

c) there would be plenty others we are not aware of.

I would argue unfair dismissal and make a claim for costs and compensation. You need to remember, the club has to justify their actions (sacking him because of that clause) not the other way round.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They give him till round ten we'll be in the 8 minghead castle will think that's ok resign him then we stuck with same boring shit footy for longer choking in the semis or gf. He should piss off and take Reynolds with him
We were first on the ladder after 10 rounds in 2014, we then barely scrapped into the top 8 at the end of the season. If we're doing well after 10, they'll need to wait a little longer to see if it happens again.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wrong. Lets say Des had this clause in his 2016 contract. If i was his legals team i would argue:

a) if bmoz didnt get injured we would have made top 4 (add suspensions etc) its up the the board to prove otherwise

b) i would introduce an article written by smh saying raiders received and A+ draw whilst bulldogs received a D rated draw. I would argue this contributed to not making the top 4

c) there would be plenty others we are not aware of.

I would argue unfair dismissal and make a claim for costs and compensation. You need to remember, the club has to justify their actions (sacking him because of that clause) not the other way round.
All I will say is I'm glad you don't represent me....

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mark my words nothin is going to happen on Friday it's all a smoke screen showing that their doing something because the fans have had enouth it's all planned them and des they will resign him again watch and see
Looks like it to me as well. Why the hell even have an offer on the table if they want to go in another direction? An offer with a clause saying top four finish, is the complete opposite of a club wanting to in in another direction.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Any new coach would have his hands tied for the first 1-2 years as des has screwed our cap and removed most of the talent from the roster.....it would be like bringing in a new driver for Bathurst and giving him a Datsun and expecting him to win, if Poor old Jimmy Dymock gets the gig again after a coach has been moved on I just hope he is given a proper shot and also given time to mould a squad not just to the best he can with the rabble he has been left with

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Any new coach would have his hands tied for the first 1-2 years as des has screwed our cap and removed most of the talent from the roster.....it would be like bringing in a new driver for Bathurst and giving him a Datsun and expecting him to win, if Poor old Jimmy Dymock gets the gig again after a coach has been moved on I just hope he is given a proper shot and also given time to mould a squad not just to the best he can with the rabble he has been left with
The sqaud isnt that bad. Maybe the the recruitment and retention needs to be fixed, but who ever comes in still has a decent sqaud to finish in the 8 and build.

Mbye, Klemmer, Jackson, the Morris boys, RFM, KAs and JG is a good core grooup of players to build around. I dont think its a sqaud that can win but it still has enough good players to be in the top 8 and build off that.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You have to show "actual damages". If he's seen the season out, I don't think he could do that.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm not saying I'm qualified in anything you are.
Pointless trying to explain something to someone who has no knoweldge experience in these type of matters...

But if you think a that clause will protect the club if they sack des for not making the top 4. Your kidding yourself.

Bulldog_NJ

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any coach that inherits our roster would be pretty over the moon. Lets not kid ourselves. Its all about the way we play, or rather don't play football. A tweak here, and a tweak there in terms of personnel, and playing positions, and away we go.

Status
Not open for further replies.