Gould shoots down Madge-Dogs whispers

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Why does ‘September’ (even if that’s true) mean Fittler could get the gig? As NSW coach his annual commitments finish well before September. Don’t see how those dots have been joined at all. The English Super League Grand Final is played in September though, leaving about 5 weeks for a coach to start work at Belmore in November. Just sayin’…

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I find it hard to believe that Shane Flanagan hasn't applied with the way he's publicly declaring his interest
I’m sure Gould has fielded many phone calls and messages from potential applicants and/or their managers, but that’s not applying for the gig. Has anyone actually sent Gould a formal written job application, with a covering letter and a detailed CV? Perhaps not, or perhaps Gould has told them, in those phone calls and message exchanges, not to send in an application yet. Wait until we are ready. Maybe we are going to advertise the position and then they can send in their applications.

Always a Bulldog

cyborg66

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
they are saying brad fittler will be coach and will be announce after the sos is finished!! don't want brad no no no

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why are people dissecting Gus' words like he's telling the truth? Clearly he couldn't be bothered entertaining the guys stupid questions about Madge..

Of course there have been applications and conversations had. A day or two after Baz was fired, Gus said his phone was ringing off the hook with people eager for the job..

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
While I think Flanagan would be a good fit for Dogs coach and what we need right now it concerns me that he has been overlooked so far by other clubs especially the Dragons and Sharks.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Its got to the point for me no matter who they pick it needs to be the right coach because I'm sick of the lack luster mediocrity and fans deserve a win after all the crap we have been through since Des.

If it ends up being a bad decision there will be no coming back from it.

soc123_au

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm disappointed. I was looking forward to the season of Tales From Bulldogs Town.

Fuck, fuck, fuckity Fuck Doggies are always in a game would be compulsive veiwing.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The fuck does "spooked the tigers" even mean?

That reporter has sweet FA idea and sounds like he is fishing.
Brother! I’m no mate of Chammas, trust me but let me tell you; the scary thing is Gus rates Madge highly……
Blind Freddy can see that

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look at these two possible scenarios that Gould could be lining up.

We get Madge, and Hastings comes with him.

Tigers get Flanno Snr, and Flanno Jnr goes with him.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Brother! I’m no mate of Chammas, trust me but let me tell you; the scary thing is Gus rates Madge highly……
Blind Freddy can see that
If Gus is even considering Madge if he gets sacked by the tigers, than he has officially lost the plot.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Gus is even considering Madge if he gets sacked by the tigers, than he has officially lost the plot.
No decision has been made but Madge, Fittler & Woolf in the reckoning

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm surprised Gus said they haven't received one application. At his interview the day Barrett's sacking was announced he said
"phone's been running hot, there's plenty of applicants"
2.10 in

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Why does ‘September’ (even if that’s true) mean Fittler could get the gig? As NSW coach his annual commitments finish well before September. Don’t see how those dots have been joined at all. The English Super League Grand Final is played in September though, leaving about 5 weeks for a coach to start work at Belmore in November. Just sayin’…
Maybe he's waiting for the Storms season to end before announcing our new coach?

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No decision has been made but Madge, Fittler & Woolf in the reckoning
My preference is Woolf from that mud list but he is a gamble. Picking up the dregs from tigers if madge is sacked is a very questionable decision and Fitler just made sure that we have to pay overs to be any chance to attract any SOO calibre player. Flanagan is the only one available who can rebuild a team. Madge just failed that at the tigers after 4 years, fitler couldn't be successful at the roosters with a star studded team and endless resources. These clowns should both not even be in the conversation