George Pell

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If you count all the priests in the world and take out the evil pedos from that number it would be a small % . That's the point I'm making.

Just like every other religion your always going to get that shit element that destroys the name of it.

Im sure it is still a major problem. Pedos are not a Christian things its a world thing.
Add to the one’s that got away with it.the one’s that covered it up..plus the deniers or ignored it in the Church..now that sees the % go way up.. Hence why the Church had to acknowledge it..because it WAS a huge problem.. The guilty are not just those who committed this obscene acts it also those who know about it and sweep it under the carpet.. Things like this always reminds me of what Albert Speers (he was Nazi Germany’s Armaments minister in WWII) wrote in his book Inside the Third Reich..when he was referring to the Final Solution.. He claimed that although he wasn’t involved in the murder of the Jews..nor knew exactly what they were doing..as was the case with other Germans..he said his crime was not finding out more..not wanting to know..pretending to ignore the persistent rumours.. And that is the crime of many in the Church.. A crime of betrayal against the victims, their families, their followers, and their loving God.

Last edited:

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just days after angrily denying that he tried to cover up sexual abuse of children by priests, Australia's most senior Roman Catholic churchman has been forced to admit offering victims thousands of dollars. In a programme aired on Australian television on Sunday night, Sydney Archbishop George Pell was presented with a copy of a letter sent on his behalf offering nearly $30,000 (50,000 Australian dollars) to the family of two women who had been sexually abused as children by a priest. Initially he denied that allegation, however later admitted an offer had been made. "I offered them 50 grand in compensation according to the publicly acknowledged procedure," he said........

We are all talking about this poor bloke aren't we
A lot of places offer out of court settlements.

So he lied, he is human after all.

A

Alexander the Great

You work stats off convictions and cases. There are 400000 priest's around the world.
I see a small % of that being made up of the evil pricks that are pedos.

On a world scale the paedophilia issue is much more of a issue. Because they are not linked to a group or religion these go under the radar.

7.8 billion people on this earth. In sure if you broke it down by country, race , religion the issues we have within the Christian churches would be nothing compared to some of these others.

Obviously in the western worlds it's much more reported on and so it should be but we also need to look at who reports these stories. How they are reported ect.

It makes my sick to.my stomach that these people are using the religion to gain what they want. Relgion isn't about that. It's guiding you to be a good human.

Good debate going here..lets hope we don't get flagged

Add to the one’s that got away with it.the one’s that covered it up..plus the deniers or ignored it in the Church..now that sees the % go way up.. Hence why the Church had to acknowledge it..because it WAS a huge problem.. The guilty are not just those who committed this obscene acts it also those who know about it and sweep it under the carpet.. Things like this always reminds me of what Albert Speers (he was Nazi Germany’s Armaments minister in WWII) wrote in his book Inside the Third Reich..when he was referring to the Final Solution.. He claimed that although he wasn’t involved in the murder of the Jews..nor knew exactly what they were doing..as was the case with other Germans..he said his crime was not finding out more..not wanting to know..pretending to ignore the persistent rumours.. And that is the crime of many in the Church.. A crime of betrayal against their followers and their loving God.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What's it mean then? Problem is shit sticks. It always comes down to public opinion wether or not he was proven innocent or guilty.
Think I mentioned it a while back I was working on a judge's house and she was saying at a glance through the trial there's not enough evidence, , doesn't mean the bloke is exactly innocent either

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Not taking the stand does not mean your guilty. I have been instructed before to not do it because my lawyer knew they had some many holes in their brief it wasn't funny. He was good enough to pick apart the statement and the many errors. I was not guillty...

Its for the prosecution to prove you guilty not for you to prove your are not guilty.

If the are going to try to destroy your life at least have the truth and brief set in stone.

But thanks for you insight anyway.
not taking the stand in this case is to keep a lid on the evidence and not open the window, he doesn't want all his pedophile support in the past to come out because it would prove whats in his heart

its evidence that the defendant has something to hide and a non rebuttal of the victims testimony which is direct evidence, so its evidence

A

Alexander the Great

His law team knew the various statements and how they were changed around. The lack of evidence was also a reason he would not need to sit in the box and be grilled. I'm surprised they found him guilty in the first place but sometimes they do that and let the higher ups make the big call.

I see your point and how the general public portrays it but when your legal team tell you to not do something you listen.

not taking the stand in this case is to keep a lid on the evidence and not open the window, he doesn't want all his pedophile support in the past to come out because it would prove whats in his heart

its evidence that the defendant has something to hide and a non rebuttal of the victims testimony which is direct evidence, so its evidence

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
have you got brain damage? serious question, only a retard would bring this up and act like its a common enough thing

what do you think is the ratio of cases where a pedophile has been caught on video or by a witness

my guess is its at least 500,000 to 1

its like the chances everyone has to get caught masturbating, they are very careful because they don't want to be embarrassed

I expect you to apologise for presenting these thinks to me

A

Alexander the Great

Your right. You make Good points mate.
have you got brain damage? serious question, only a retard would bring this up and act like its a common enough thing

what do you think is the ratio of cases where a pedophile has been caught on video or by a witness

my guess is its at least 500,000 to 1

its like the chances everyone has to get caught masturbating, they are very careful because they don't want to be embarrassed

I expect you to apologise for presenting these thinks to me

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The fact that they re tried the case is a surprising thing in itself. As I understand it, the appeal process is meant to focus on the acts of the judges involved and their communication of the procedure. Appeals aren't meant to over rule the decisions of the jury, they're meant to ensure that the process was followed by those qualified legally in the right way.

In the end I don't despise Catholics for wanting to believe that this is justice. It would be a fucked up thing to realise you have devoted your life to supporting a corrupt evil organisation who have regularly been found to support and engage in peadophilia. I personally think that the system has failed here. I can only hope that there is eternal justice for those guilty of peadophilia and that they face harsher justice than humans can apply to them.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can we all agree that it has been proven that Pell offered hush money to victims who were molested by priests. Not only that but he also admitted doing so after lying about doing no such thing.
Can we also agree that instead of blowing the whistle on pedos within the church he had a hand in moving them to different areas to keep them out of the spotlight.
I just want to know if people actually think he is a good guy?

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You work stats off convictions and cases. There are 400000 priest's around the world.
I see a small % of that being made up of the evil pricks that are pedos.

On a world scale the paedophilia issue is much more of a issue. Because they are not linked to a group or religion these go under the radar.

7.8 billion people on this earth. In sure if you broke it down by country, race , religion the issues we have within the Christian churches would be nothing compared to some of these others.

Obviously in the western worlds it's much more reported on and so it should be but we also need to look at who reports these stories. How they are reported ect.

It makes my sick to.my stomach that these people are using the religion to gain what they want. Relgion isn't about that. It's guiding you to be a good human.

Good debate going here..lets hope we don't get flagged
Like I side it was systematically covered up..which means it was a concerted effort to hide the fact that the Church had child molesters lurking in their cloth..it’s not just a small % of priests..When they found out they moved them on to other parishes where they committed their crimes AGAIN..Heck you had the Archbishop down in Victoria saying if a priest heard a confession from a peadiphile they wouldn’t tell anyone..My gosh what do they think you are forgiven and they stop! It is a major institution that profess the love of God ..and yet behind the scene were hiding abhorrent crimes..

A

Alexander the Great

Food for thought.

According to a report that recorded the types of child abuse reported in Australian states and territories in 2011–12, there were 48,420 substantiated cases of child endangerment, of which 5,828<------- were cases of sexual abuse.[1]Recent relevant cases include Madden v Callanan [2016] FCCA 59;[2] Hughes v R [2015] NSWCCA 330;[3] R v Maurice Van Ryn [2016] NSWCCA 1.[4

Australia in total has 3000 priest's.... the Christians pedo network is a huge issue i agree but who is committing these balance of these evil crimes.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The fact that they re tried the case is a surprising thing in itself. As I understand it, the appeal process is meant to focus on the acts of the judges involved and their communication of the procedure. Appeals aren't meant to over rule the decisions of the jury, they're meant to ensure that the process was followed by those qualified legally in the right way.

In the end I don't despise Catholics for wanting to believe that this is justice. It would be a fucked up thing to realise you have devoted your life to supporting a corrupt evil organisation who have regularly been found to support and engage in peadophilia. I personally think that the system has failed here. I can only hope that there is eternal justice for those guilty of peadophilia and that they face harsher justice than humans can apply to them.
That's the thing, the Catholics get tarred as pedo supporters by dumb fucks and the dumbest fucks try to link all of Christians with the evil pedos.

I have nothing at all against Catholic people but don't want anything to do with the Vatican and the RCC.

I definately won't call the Catholics "pedo supporters".

A

Alexander the Great

I have to disagree with you on the % part.

I agree with you on all other points made. They are shit humans and karma will come for them.
Like I side it was systematically covered up..which means it was a concerted effort to hide the fact that the Church had child molesters lurking in their cloth..it’s not just a small % of priests..When they found out they moved them on to other parishes where they committed their crimes AGAIN..Heck you had the Archbishop down in Victoria saying if a priest heard a confession from a peadiphile they wouldn’t tell anyone..My gosh what do they think you are forgiven and they stop! It is a major institution that profess the love of God ..and yet behind the scene were hiding abhorrent crimes..