George Pell

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I have to disagree with you on the % part.

I agree with you on all other points made. They are shit humans and karma will come for them.
They are filth..not the genuine follower’s of God..

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Like I side it was systematically covered up..which means it was a concerted effort to hide the fact that the Church had child molesters lurking in their cloth..it’s not just a small % of priests..When they found out they moved them on to other parishes where they committed their crimes AGAIN..Heck you had the Archbishop down in Victoria saying if a priest heard a confession from a peadiphile they wouldn’t tell anyone..My gosh what do they think you are forgiven and they stop! It is a major institution that profess the love of God ..and yet behind the scene were hiding abhorrent crimes..
The whole confession deal of Catholicism is my main gripe with the religion. How many times can you confess the same sins, say a few prayers and be forgiven. Confession doesn't make you a better person. To me it just seems like it allows habitual perpetrators of serious sins to feel as if they can continue committing their sins with their conscience wiped clean.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The whole confession deal of Catholicism is my main gripe with the religion. How many times can you confess the same sins, say a few prayers and be forgiven. Confession doesn't make you a better person. To me it just seems like it allows habitual perpetrators of serious sins to feel as if they can continue committing their sins with their conscience wiped clean.
Yep..it’s majorly floored..

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
His law team knew the various statements and how they were changed around. The lack of evidence was also a reason he would not need to sit in the box and be grilled. I'm surprised they found him guilty in the first place but sometimes they do that and let the higher ups make the big call.

I see your point and how the general public portrays it but when your legal team tell you to not do something you listen.
no there wasn't a lack of evidence, there was direct evidence and he chose to not refute it, so the direct evidence won

btw how do you suggest they convict future pedophiles? I guarantee most of those types cases are based solely on the direct evidence of the victim testimony

A

Alexander the Great

But it worked for Tony Soprano?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I’m not convinced there was sufficient evidence to convict him in the first place.... but I definitely think he failed in his duty of care to victims who went to him for support. He tried to protect proven pedophiles for the sake of his church’s reputation.

I don’t think anybody should be convicted without sufficient evidence, but I also don’t see why some Christians see the public criticism of the man as an atttack on Christianity. Any Christian who is not in a high ranking position with a church and who doesn’t try to silence victims of child sexual abuse by offering them hush money should be immune from such criticism.

Last edited:

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Not saying I am happy/unhappy with the result but I do find it funny how lefty ***** always go for the neck with catholics but no other religion. I bet you these leftys wouldn't say a word if this was a muslim in the situation. I think there are good and bad people in all religions but for the left to always attack the catholic group, they should just fuck off

A

Alexander the Great

If there was evidence the 7 judges who broke this down would have found him guilty.

If it was 4-3 5-2 or even 6-1 I would have had doubt but 7 from 7 is enough for me to say there was no evidence here and he was not guilty.

no there wasn't a lack of evidence, there was direct evidence and he chose to not refute it, so the direct evidence won

btw how do you suggest they convict future pedophiles? I guarantee most of those types cases are based solely on the direct evidence of the victim testimony

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's the thing, the Catholics get tarred as pedo supporters by dumb fucks and the dumbest fucks try to link all of Christians with the evil pedos.

I have nothing at all against Catholic people but don't want anything to do with the Vatican and the RCC.

I definately won't call the Catholics "pedo supporters".
What upsets me right now is that Catholics everywhere are cheering about this because they think it absolves a priest that has risen high in the organisation of a major sin. He has been involved in systematically covering up the sins of priests that are technically supposed to be really good people. If I were Catholic I'd want scum like that to face HARSH justice even if it tarred the religions acts in the past. To me it's just sad that they are so keen to paint a pretty picture of their religion as opposed to wanting to cut out a cancer.

I can admire religious principles and try to live a good and moral life. But overall I tend to think that money has predominantly corrupted every religion to some extent and pride and a tendency to be highly judgmental is a trait of many people that practice religion. Overall I say look after your own actions and leave moral judgement to those without sin.

A

Alexander the Great

My Muslims mates wouldn't even bother.

The views from the these people don't matter to them.
The Koran and Hadiths are more valuable to them then arguing with people who don't believe in it.
Not saying I am happy/unhappy with the result but I do find it funny how lefty c*** always go for the neck with catholics but no other religion. I bet you these leftys wouldn't say a word if this was a muslim in the situation. I think there are good and bad people in all religions but for the left to always attack the catholic group, they should just fuck off

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If there was evidence the 7 judges who broke this down would have found him guilty.

If it was 4-3 5-2 or even 6-1 I would have had doubt but 7 from 7 is enough for me to say there was no evidence here and he was not guilty.
It's far easier for a whole organisation to cast reasonable doubt against one witness than for things to go the other way. And technically those judges had to rule on that basis. High court appeals aren't even supposed to operate in the manner that this one did.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I am not saying Pell is a cleanskin.

He just shouldn't have been found guilty on the evidence.

FFS: I think some of you posting here would have fitted in on the jury.

Bringing up things that isn't relevant to this court case.

A

Alexander the Great

What did you expect?

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
you need video evidence or another witness, he didn't take the stand to defend himself so that should be counted as evidence, its not even he said he said, its he said he stayed quiet because they would rip him apart in cross examination

the reason he didn't take the stand was they would ask him all sorts of questions and he would need to answer truthfully or it would open a window for rebuttal so he didn't want that shit

pell setting up the pedophile hush money program and defending/living with pedophiles, this is a victory for gay pedophilia
That is absurd zilla. There is no obligation on an accused to give evidence, nor can his silence be used to draw an inference that any evidence he gives under oath will be adverse to his case. Although it should be said, that in an ordinary lay juror's mind, his reasoning may be infected by the proposition that if the accused was innocent he would give evidence to say so.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I see the social media heroes are losing their shit over this, you know, those who have probably not read a single piece of evidence

A

Alexander the Great

Again what did you expect? They played a huge role in this and got what they wanted. Plenty of clickbait stories.
I see the social media heroes are losing their shit over this, you know, those who have probably not read a single piece of evidence

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

By saying he isn't a cleanskin does that mean he is a pedo sympathiser who allowed vulnerable children get abused by priests without notifying authorities. Also tried to cover it up by paying hush money to victims while denying such a claim.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have your right to an opinion, however, you can't justify someone being locked up for a completely different charge/case.
No but I can justify him being punished for his despicable and immoral actions.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Can we all agree that it has been proven that Pell offered hush money to victims who were molested by priests. Not only that but he also admitted doing so after lying about doing no such thing.
Can we also agree that instead of blowing the whistle on pedos within the church he had a hand in moving them to different areas to keep them out of the spotlight.
I just want to know if people actually think he is a good guy?
Or the fact that he went to court and stood in solidarity with Risdale, the worst of the lot. He's an evil fucking scumbag and ABCs series revelation showed enough of that.

Last edited: