Rumour Dufty possible eye on Dolphins move?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bahahaha. I made shit up and said it was vague wording based on no inside knowledge and people are throwing guesses around. I'm in the wrong career. I need to douse my brain in booze and apply for a job with the telecrap

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bahahaha. I made shit up and said it was vague wording based on no inside knowledge and people are throwing guesses around. I'm in the wrong career. I need to douse my brain in booze and apply for a job with the telecrap
Yeah I came in late on it and responded when people quoted your quote LOL. Pays to go back and read first.

racin jason

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
G.O.L.D. :tearsofjoy:

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems the player is on a 1 year deal with his "new club" as they're talking about a possible deal with the Dolphins for 2023 (bad wording).

Would have to be Dufy "if true". He is the big mouth type personality to do such shit - not Vaughan. Dufty is well-known for being a pest. During his recent interview Aaron Schoupp said Dufty is already "a pest".

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems the player is on a 1 year deal with his "new club" as they're talking about a possible deal with the Dolphins for 2023 (bad wording).

Would have to be Dufy "if true". He is the big mouth type personality to do such shit - not Vaughan. Dufty is well-known for being a pest. During his recent interview Aaron Schoupp said Dufty is already "a pest".
I think you'll find it's either Mbye, Hastings, or Milford.

Dufty is well liked by the playing group and training really well (source: one of the training staff). Schoupp was having a laugh.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you'll find it's either Mbye, Hastings, or Milford.

Dufty is well liked by the playing group and training really well (source: one of the training staff). Schoupp was having a laugh.
Hope you're right but I think Mbye and Hastings are signed for more than 1 year. Schoupp was being honest about Dufty being a "pest" and there's nothing wrong with that. We all have friends who can be very annoying purposely and they can be fun most of the time. Dufty was well known to be the same when at the Dragons but he also reportedly rubbed some teammates up the wrong way

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Worst time to buy tbh, the housing market is fucked in QLD because of everyone fleeing from interstate.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope you're right but I think Mbye and Hastings are signed for more than 1 year.
Both until the end of 2023. But wanting out early happens all the time.

and as per the initial rumour:
Which high-profile NRL recruit has done himself no favours by telling his new teammates of his desire to do a deal with Redcliffe Dolphins in 2023. Obviously unaware of the damage Reagan Campbell-Gillard did to both himself and Parramatta when he publicly declared he wanted to join the incoming NRL franchise, the recruit has been bragging about how much he is expecting to get. Yet to play a game for his new club, the player might not get on to the field at all this year if word filters up to management.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We can't allow this to happen, as we can let Dufty go regardless... We need them to sign Allan. Would be annoyed if Vaughan, however the issue with an upgrade would always be present
Allan in a good team could turn out to be better than dufty remember Bennett placed him at fullback when Mitchell got injured early in the season and was constantly one of their best,with a better team he could be a surprise packet for us.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He failed at Origin level.
I thought he did a good job in Origin.
He wasnt going to be a game breaker but he held the fort OK.
Allan is a decent fill-in player if you have injuries or suspensions, and surrounded by very good or diminutive players.
But he will look very average in a weakened team - like us last year.

Im hoping this rumour isnt Dufty or it can be delayed until we get to see what he can offer us.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quite a few have failed at that level,doesn’t make them bad players,I remember one of our best players David Gillespie in one origin game had a shocker,don’t make him a bad player.
I disagree. He did drop the bomb in the ingoal early on which lead to a try but after that he was decent. Set up a try with a slick cut out if I remember correctly.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its Hastings or Mbye as Crayster said.

I think more Mbye. He's from QLD, rates himself as a fullback, I doubt he would be too happy about playing off the bench for a shit Dragons team either.
Mbye is a Noosa boy, closest he will get to home. It's a similar commute to players like Vaughan driving from Wollongong to Belmore... probably better actually.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Dolphins need to sign some backrowers.
11. Fermor
12. K.Bromwhich
13. Matterson
Would be achievable