Rumour Dufty possible eye on Dolphins move?

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great in attack (except for last week).. horrible in defence (including last week).. but we knew that and still signed him

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think this is an attempted money ball signing.

If you take away that Panthers game, he along with TPJ have been our best on ground (at least you could argue the point).

You cannot have 4 x 1 million dollar players in the spine. That’s 40% of your cap gone, with 26 players to fill it. With more quality players around him, I think we see more consistency out of him ala Allan when Latrell went down.

Id be happy with another 1 year deal, and see where that takes us. Would love to see him a team with a readied hooker, and a stable halfback.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think this is an attempted money ball signing.

If you take away that Panthers game, he along with TPJ have been our best on ground (at least you could argue the point).

You cannot have 4 x 1 million dollar players in the spine. That’s 40% of your cap gone, with 26 players to fill it. With more quality players around him, I think we see more consistency out of him ala Allan when Latrell went down.

Id be happy with another 1 year deal, and see where that takes us. Would love to see him a team with a readied hooker, and a stable halfback.
He has had the best moments with ball in hand but his defence is still absolutely horrid in every aspect. You won't ever see him in a better team because better teams don't want him.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He has had the best moments with ball in hand but his defence is still absolutely horrid in every aspect. You won't ever see him in a better team because better teams don't want him.
Is he worth the risk to carry on for another year then?

Credence could have a future in FG but clearly not ready.

Or do we give, and pardon me for suggesting this, Allan another shot?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Is he worth the risk to carry on for another year then?

Credence could have a future in FG but clearly not ready.

Or do we give, and pardon me for suggesting this, Allan another shot?
If there isn't any behind the scenes issues and he's willing to take a a 1 year deal on lowish pay then you probably keep him, but really he should be heading to England or begging the likes of Bellamy and Wayne to give him a chance.

Allan is an okay option, problem is he doesn't suit the style Trent wants to play so I don't know why he even bought him on good coin in the first place. Allan was good at South's because he made those effort plays they didn't get from Latrell and would consistently sweep around the back of the halves with great timing creating the extra man to put the winger/centre away. We don't use our fullbacks like this so his greatest strengths aren't used. Same can be said for a lot of our players.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If there isn't any behind the scenes issues and he's willing to take a a 1 year deal on lowish pay then you probably keep him, but really he should be heading to England or begging the likes of Bellamy and Wayne to give him a chance.

Allan is an okay option, problem is he doesn't suit the style Trent wants to play so I don't know why he even bought him on good coin in the first place. Allan was good at South's because he made those effort plays they didn't get from Latrell and would consistently sweep around the back of the halves with great timing creating the extra man to put the winger/centre away. We don't use our fullbacks like this so his greatest strengths aren't used. Same can be said for a lot of our players.
Didn’t need the essay mate.

A simple yes would of sufficed

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
You cannot have 4 x 1 million dollar players in the spine.
Note that I include locks in my spine;
For this year Melbourne have Grant, BSmith, Hughes, Munster and Papenhuyzen.
Manly have TTrbojevic, JTrbojevic, Foran (not on peanuts this year), Cheery Evans and Fainu/Croker.
The Chooks have Keary, Walker (yes, he's cheap), Tedesco, Verrills/Watson and Radley.
Penrith have Cleary, Luai, Koroisau, Edwards (not expensive) and Yeo.

Some teams seem to be able to afford it.

Always a Bulldog

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Note that I include locks in my spine;
For this year Melbourne have Grant, BSmith, Hughes, Munster and Papenhuyzen.
Manly have TTrbojevic, JTrbojevic, Foran (not on peanuts this year), Cheery Evans and Fainu/Croker.
The Chooks have Keary, Walker (yes, he's cheap), Tedesco, Verrills/Watson and Radley.
Penrith have Cleary, Luai, Koroisau, Edwards (not expensive) and Yeo.

Some teams seem to be able to afford it.

Always a Bulldog
Grant nor BSmith are on a million this year. Papenhuyzen, I would not think so either. Hughes is around the 800k mark
Foran nowhere near will hit a million, and Jurbo is said to be on around the 800k mark. Fainu outside the cap and Croker would be lucky to be on 300k
Walker is on the cheap (for now), as is Verrilis and Watson signed for what? 300k?

Panthers are probably, on average, paying the most for their 5 man spine - but still, I do not think it averages to be a mil per plays. Yeo would already get the Panthers some discount due to being an 8+ year NRL player with one club, and Cleary will get that as of next year (debuted 2016).

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Grant nor BSmith are on a million this year. Papenhuyzen, I would not think so either. Hughes is around the 800k mark
Foran nowhere near will hit a million, and Jurbo is said to be on around the 800k mark. Fainu outside the cap and Croker would be lucky to be on 300k
Walker is on the cheap (for now), as is Verrilis and Watson signed for what? 300k?

Panthers are probably, on average, paying the most for their 5 man spine - but still, I do not think it averages to be a mil per plays. Yeo would already get the Panthers some discount due to being an 8+ year NRL player with one club, and Cleary will get that as of next year (debuted 2016).

Offer Dufty cheap 1 year deal for 2023 and then go for stephen Crighton or a cheaper nore realistic option is Reece Walsh for 2024...we need an upgrade ffrom Dufty

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Creedance Toia is going to be a special talent - Dufty has been a good signing but lacks effort plays and positioning. We can’t settle for that.

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Creedance Toia is going to be a special talent - Dufty has been a good signing but lacks effort plays and positioning. We can’t settle for that.
Toia lacks speed though. He reminds me of a young Hoppa. Silky smooth hands, great positional play but lacks speed. Not as big a deal when you have speed on the outside though.

100% if there is any truth to read’s comment he is referring to Baz’s thoughts on Toia hence why we will know more after round 10. If Dufty gets dropped for Toia the writing is on the wall. Toia also has a good combination with Kiraz already so the pair of them linking up is exciting.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Toia lacks speed though. He reminds me of a young Hoppa. Silky smooth hands, great positional play but lacks speed. Not as big a deal when you have speed on the outside though.

100% if there is any truth to read’s comment he is referring to Baz’s thoughts on Toia hence why we will know more after round 10. If Dufty gets dropped for Toia the writing is on the wall. Toia also has a good combination with Kiraz already so the pair of them linking up is exciting.
Are you sure you’re talking about the right guy? From what I’ve seen of Toia he looks pretty quick. Maybe not the speed of JAC but definitely nowhere near the snail pace of Hoppa.

Reminds me a lot of RTS

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give Dufty one more year, Only Until Cobbo Gets here!!!

No, unfortunately no sauce.