Rumour Dufty possible eye on Dolphins move?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe I'm reading this wrong but Dufty has a 1 year contract for 2022 with us, which means he is a free agent for 2023 right now. So if the Dolphins wanted him for 2023 then they could sign him today. The reality is Dufty needs the support of his teammates to show his wares in 2022, in order to earn a contract in 2023. Best not to piss your teammates off, they can make you look real bad. Best also not to piss the coaching staff off either, much harder to display your wares if you are playing in NSW Cup.

"his desire to do a deal with Redcliffe Dolphins in 2023"

If the player, whoever it is, did a deal with the Dolphins in 2023 then it would be for 2024. Why would you do a deal in 2023 for 2023, that doesn't make any sense. If it was Dufty then either he signs with us or someone else for 2023, because he has no contract for 2023.

Or is this just another example of piss poor journalism, bad wording, or being deliberately vague so that it could be anyone, even a player with an existing contract for 2022 and 2023.

Always a Bulldog

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
List of "high profile" players that have moved to other clubs and not played a game:
Nick Cotric > Raiders
Adam Elliott > Raiders
Xavier Coates > Storm

Shaun Johnson > Warriors
Mitch Rein > Parra (only contracted till 2022 and previously with Titans).
Anthony Milford > Souths (only contracted till 2022 and previously coached by Wayne Bennett).

George Burgess > Dragons
Moses Mbye > Dragons
Aaron Woods > Dragons (PO for 2023).
Renouf Atoni > Roosters
Connor Watson > Roosters
Jackson Hastings > Tigers
Tyrone Peachey > Tigers (ex Titans)
Adam Reynolds > Broncos (previously coached by Bennett).

Bold are those I think most likely to be the player in question.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Any article that starts with Shooosh can't be taken seriously.
And adding the point on why are the Bulldogs typically the underlying club linked to “Shoosh”? Is it (a) that important in the eyes of the media in selling papers or generating “clicks” (b) Someone in club ranks leaking this info (c) A level of instability among the players? Or (d) Journalists making sh!t up?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Maybe I'm reading this wrong but Dufty has a 1 year contract for 2022 with us, which means he is a free agent for 2023 right now. So if the Dolphins wanted him for 2023 then they could sign him today. The reality is Dufty needs the support of his teammates to show his wares in 2022, in order to earn a contract in 2023. Best not to piss your teammates off, they can make you look real bad. Best also not to piss the coaching staff off either, much harder to display your wares if you are playing in NSW Cup.

"his desire to do a deal with Redcliffe Dolphins in 2023"

If the player, whoever it is, did a deal with the Dolphins in 2023 then it would be for 2024. Why would you do a deal in 2023 for 2023, that doesn't make any sense. If it was Dufty then either he signs with us or someone else for 2023, because he has no contract for 2023.

Or is this just another example of piss poor journalism, bad wording, or being deliberately vague so that it could be anyone, even a player with an existing contract for 2022 and 2023.

Always a Bulldog
I'd lean towards the piss poor journalism and vague wording in most cases. If journos have actually got information they'll shout about it.

bulldog butch

Kennel Established
Reaction score
My gut feeling tells me it's Vaughan... 1 year deal and the dolphins have missed out on a few props which they seem to want the position filled.....

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
My gut feeling tells me it's Vaughan... 1 year deal and the dolphins have missed out on a few props which they seem to want the position filled.....
I disagree mate… he started pre season with our pups rather than waiting for the full time squad to commence, he’s spoken highly of T Baz & the club. I doubt it’s him.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dufty or Vaughn would be mad not to be looking at offers from the Dolphins … they would be equally as mad to brag about it to team mates. They don’t strike me as the sharpest tools in the shed so it wouldn’t surprise me if it’s one of them.

bulldog butch

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I disagree mate… he started pre season with our pups rather than waiting for the full time squad to commence, he’s spoken highly of T Baz & the club. I doubt it’s him.
Hope your right and im wrong as I think Vaughan will have a big year! Now that you say that I spent the Xmas break at warilla and in the space of 2 days I spotted Barrett and Vaughan along the beach there! Apparently they live up the road from each other so that could work in dogs favor!

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hope your right and im wrong as I think Vaughan will have a big year! Now that you say that I spent the Xmas break at warilla and in the space of 2 days I spotted Barrett and Vaughan along the beach there! Apparently they live up the road from each other so that could work in dogs favor!
Yeh I wouldn't know either way but he doesn't really strike me as a guy to uproot and pissoff to qld though money talks I guess and he dropped half a mill at least in coin so who knows..anyway I also hope/doubt it's him.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I find it hilarious how the article states that assuming it’s Dufty, the player better not hope management finds out but the gossip whores at the DT know and for sure the management would know who ever it is.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I read they carpool Shellharbour to Belmore