News Dufty likely to re-sign, Vaughan on the outer

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Ok. Great reason. Thanks for the great insight. You have now convinced me why he has been horrible
He should be getting 150+ Metres at the minimum on the money he is on, he is not even close to that and has been outplayed by max king and ava seumanafagai off the bench. There is my reason smart arse

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He should be getting 150+ Metres at the minimum on the money he is on, he is not even close to that and has been outplayed by max king and ava seumanafagai off the bench. There is my reason smart arse
Thank you. Now I see your point of view. I somewhat agree with you about the metres he should be making, but I think we need to cut the forwards some slack when we are constantly defending whether because of 6 agains or constant dropped balls. The stats look bad but the reality is they can’t make those metres when we are hardly in possession

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He’s second in our forwards for average run metres only behind tpj
With127.4 av per game. And tied with max king in tackles and tackle efficiency (98.3%).
He hasn’t been as bad as everyone is making out

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
With127.4 av per game. And tied with max king in tackles and tackle efficiency (98.3%).
This year

Vaughan 2.82 metres/minute
King 2.41 metres/minute
Thompson 1.79 metres/minute

Terrible numbers from Thompson

Anyways our forward pack is fine. The spine and coach is the issue (we need salary cap to fix).

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thought he was our best the week before Melbourne

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We should definitely be offering a contract to Vaughan simply for depth and experience. He's likely to get better offers elsewhere though.

Stinger

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vaughn has made a huge difference to our side this year. Reliable workhorse. One of the reasons the bulldogs pack has stiffened up and is going forward. Last year our pack could not make any decent ground and was pushed around by opposition packs. Vaughn is all muscle tackles hard runs hard no mistakes. Whether he is worth the money he is likely to ask for is another question. I’d be happy to keep him another 2 years at 500k a year.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Lol is this ref kidding? How can he allow Kikau to throw me out when I’m already grounded. I call shenanigans

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Can we change the title?

I would rather hear, "Dufty likely to resign" instead of "re-sign"

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Vaughan physically weak. Thommo has impressed me tonight.