News Dufty likely to re-sign, Vaughan on the outer

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LM is more likely and I'd take him in a heartbeat. He's got that mongrel about him that I love. No idea if it's a true but I read it once on TK so it must be true. Need to confirm it with Nasheed's janitor friend
Yeah i'd take him, we could do with his ball running, usually runs a good line. not the best defender though. Let me know what Nasheed's mate says but

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Dufty has a shocker in him every so many weeks. Hopefully his good games more than balance out his shockers.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LM is more likely and I'd take him in a heartbeat. He's got that mongrel about him that I love. No idea if it's a true but I read it once on TK so it must be true. Need to confirm it with Nasheed's janitor friend
No way Latrell is leaving South’s.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
agree he aint leaving souths, id find it very hard to support him
Same here he is a **** of a bloke and the longer he plays unfit..the more injuries he will get too.
Also he will be built like Artie Beetson before we know it.
Finally, he is a better centre than fullback and though clearly a better fb than what we have he isn't without flaws there imo.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Latrell is always @ JAC on his insta stories about random shit and they always seem to get along really well, in all honesty i could maybe see it happening but if not, i would target daine laurie as he is also another close link with our boys at panthers and gus. Who knows, we never thought we would get mahoney and kikau and we did successfully.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Well can you at least provide at least one reputable source that uses your metres/min?
I’m happy to be proven wrong
Only an idiot would look at the total metres and think it's an important stat. Metres/minutes is the only stat that matters when we're talking about metres. Tolman playing 80 minutes and averaging 150 metres isn't a good output is it... I saw you mention other stats are important (and it's different between a prop, second rower and ball playing lock), which I agree with, but you brought up tackle breaks and Thompson's tackle breaks are basically non existent. He's been below par this year and both King and Vaughan are out performing him. Going off this year he's worth nowhere near the 750k+ we're paying him (last year he was close). You can disagree if you want but you're wrong in my eyes so there's no point having a debate.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Sutton playing lock this week, might be our plan too.
most likely a Vaughan or Thompson replacement. I see Sutton as a straight up and down prop.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So potentially replacing Thommo(which i'm not really in favour of personally)with a considerably cheaper version of Thommo as their of very similar size/weight?
I reckon Luke has more grunt in him but I'll have to watch Sutton play this week as i missed the faiders game last week, interesting to see who our big boppers will be then next year besides Kingy...

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dufty has a shocker in him every so many weeks. Hopefully his good games more than balance out his shockers.
You tell me how someone can play first grade in 2022 and pass to the invisible man?
You gotta at least turn your head and see the support.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only an idiot would look at the total metres and think it's an important stat. Metres/minutes is the only stat that matters when we're talking about metres. Tolman playing 80 minutes and averaging 150 metres isn't a good output is it... I saw you mention other stats are important (and it's different between a prop, second rower and ball playing lock), which I agree with, but you brought up tackle breaks and Thompson's tackle breaks are basically non existent. He's been below par this year and both King and Vaughan are out performing him. Going off this year he's worth nowhere near the 750k+ we're paying him (last year he was close). You can disagree if you want but you're wrong in my eyes so there's no point having a debate.
Only an idiot would look at total run metres? You’re off your rocket mate. It’s talked about by pretty much every analyst.
Let’s be real you made up a stat and that’s what I’m calling you out on. It makes no sense and it’s not going to catch on.
As for Thompson if you think he is the biggest issue on this team then you need to get your eyes checked and your sight is worse than the refs last week. Value for money is very different to saying he is the reason the team is losing.
Dufty, Waddell, Burns & Naden were diabolical and probably all should have been dropped.
I’m not a Thompson stan just that Barrett has bigger issues than him

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Only an idiot would look at total run metres? You’re off your rocket mate. It’s talked about by pretty much every analyst.
Let’s be real you made up a stat and that’s what I’m calling you out on. It makes no sense and it’s not going to catch on.
As for Thompson if you think he is the biggest issue on this team then you need to get your eyes checked and your sight is worse than the refs last week. Value for money is very different to saying he is the reason the team is losing.
Dufty, Waddell, Burns & Naden were diabolical and probably all should have been dropped.
I’m not a Thompson stan just that Barrett has bigger issues than him
Tolman 80 minutes 150 metres (1.88 metres/minute) isn't better than Kasiano 40 minutes 100 metres (2.5 metres/minute) + all the other attacking stats. I think that's pretty black and white mate. After you understand that re-read everything I've said and there's nothing you can possibly argue with. Waddell, JMK and the other duds we're rolling out are also an issue (never said they weren't, I've been very vocal about those 2 specifically), Thompson's output on 750k+ is another one. My goal is to make the top 8 and then push on to be a top 4 team and have a chance of winning a competition, not sure what yours is.

Also Thompson's numbers last year: 56 minutes, 142 metres gained
this year: 55 minutes, 95 metres gained

It's a massive difference, stop defending him...

Last edited:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Tolman 80 minutes 150 metres (1.88 metres/minute) isn't better than Kasiano 40 minutes 100 metres (2.5 metres/minute) + all the other attacking stats. I think that's pretty black and white mate. After you understand that re-read everything I've said and there's nothing you can possibly argue with. Waddell, JMK and the other duds we're rolling out are also an issue (never said they weren't, I've been very vocal about those 2 specifically), Thompson's output on 750k+ is another one. My goal is to make the top 8 and then push on to be a top 4 team and have a chance of winning a competition, not sure what yours is.

Also Thompson's numbers last year: 56 minutes, 142 metres gained
this year: 55 minutes, 95 metres gained

It's a massive difference, stop defending him...
The obvious problem with metres per minute is it ignores the huge difference that possession makes. In a game like last round where we only get 40% possession it’s pretty obvious that anyone’s/everyone’s metres per game minute will be down. Even with the same game minutes, if we have possession for only 40% of the time a player can not be expected to make the same metres as when we have 50% of the possession. Also having to defend for 60% of the game saps more energy hence leaving less energy to attack (gain metres), so possession or rather lack there of is compounding.

Always a Bulldog