News Dufty likely to re-sign, Vaughan on the outer

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope we keep Dufty but as for Vaughan, dunno maybe BBQ's galore will pick him up

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He won’t accept another year deal he will go to the Panthers, tigers raiders or, my tip, Auckland.
why would he go to any of those teams when they all have quality fullbacks if anything only the dolphins would be a viable option for dufty if we dont keep him

Mitchellmoses

Banned
Reaction score
why would he go to any of those teams when they all have quality fullbacks if anything only the dolphins would be a viable option for dufty if we dont keep him
Tigers are looking to move on Laurie reportedly.
Warriors will likely lose Walsh and will need a fullback and Dufty is the type they tend to like.
Raiders and klokstad… he seems a little weak.

trust me a quality fullback is always in high demand.
Even knights might make a play if ponga switches to five eight and if Wayne can’t grab Walsh then he has a blank chequebook and the only other quality fullback out there is Dufty.

we can either pay him hard cash for two years or lowball and offer three year security.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Tigers are looking to move on Laurie reportedly.
Warriors will likely lose Walsh and will need a fullback and Dufty is the type they tend to like.
Raiders and klokstad… he seems a little weak.

trust me a quality fullback is always in high demand.
Even knights might make a play if ponga switches to five eight and if Wayne can’t grab Walsh then he has a blank chequebook and the only other quality fullback out there is Dufty.

we can either pay him hard cash for two years or lowball and offer three year security.
raiders got Xavier savage to replace klodstad
cant see dufty wanting to relocate out of Sydney tbh

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think dufty will need a 3 year deal if you want to keep him . He looks like a player Tim sheens would want so I could see the tigers make a play for him on overs

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dufty has game and has probably been our best signing fir 2022 to date. I just hope we start to utilise him better. We have him programmed to play one side of the ruck only . Be much more effective him getting the ball both sides of the field instead of some flat footed forward .

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would keep Vaughan even as a bench prop. He’s better than Sutton and I think Patolo hasn’t picked up where he left off last year.. so we’ll be a little light on forwards if Vaughan goes

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Vaughan's been our 2nd best prop this year behind Max King. Thompson's a bigger issue.

Dufty's been our best spine player this year.

I think both Vaughan and Dufty are turning out to be good stop gap solutions but we still need better, if not after this year, the year after.

Mitchellmoses

Banned
Reaction score
Vaughan's been our 2nd best prop this year behind Max King. Thompson's a bigger issue.

Dufty's been our best spine player this year.

I think both Vaughan and Dufty are turning out to be good stop gap solutions but we still need better, if not after this year, the year after.
What’s Thommo done wrong

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Vaughn has played better than some on here seem to think. He has done all the bullocking work.
He must be retained unless we can somehow find another real prop.
Playing backrowers as props is not the way to go. Thats what we are doing.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Dogs are not too down over the past few weeks performances? Sounds like last year's losing attitude is creeping back in.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t think we will get him less than 450 a year and a three year deal
If Flanagan can perform at 7 we should definitely look at upgrading our 1. Mitchell, Walsh or maybe even Laurie if he plays this year like he did last year. Extend Dufty for another year til then.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Vaughan has been alright but luke Thompson has been absolutely horrible and people just avoid that because he was our best player last year.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
If Reece is available we should go hard after him, but not sure if his of contract
I don't think Walsh is better than Dufty. At best he isn't better enough to bother switching fbs. And Walsh would cost more. And I thought Vaughan was going ok. You can't have too many forwards. More likely to want Thompson gone, he's on twice Vaughan's money but not outperforming him.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
[emoji95]Dufty likely to re-sign, Vaughan on outer[emoji95]
[emoji438] Story from Daily Telegraph

Matt Dufty and Paul Vaughan are fighting for their Canterbury futures as they settle into their new club.

The ex-St George Illawarra duo arrived at Belmore after being handed a lifeline by the club after their respective stints at the Dragons ended.

Dufty is the more likely of the two to stay on at Canterbury with the Bulldogs already adding forwards Ryan Sutton and Viliame Kikau for next season which makes it unlikely Vaughan will be able to be kept on behind this year.

The pair headline a host of Canterbury players including Max King, Joe Stimson and Brandon Wakeham off-contract at the end of the season. Injured duo Matt Doorey and Raymond Faitala-Mariner are also free agents.

Dufty has impressed during his first four outings at the Bulldogs. He said he was yet to begin negotiations with the club about extend his stint beyond 12 months.

“I’m loving it here,” Dufty said. “It’s been a fresh start. Just what I needed. I love coming in to training and if we can start winning it will be even better. I want to keep playing good footy and hopefully get some wins. That’s all I want. I just want to put the team first. We’re not too down after the first few weeks.

“It’s a fresh start. I’ve been here for a few months and the boys are good. We’re not too far away from the form we want to find.”

While Dufty, at 26, still has plenty of football left in him, Vaughan is fighting for his NRL future.

He was axed by the Dragons last season with about $1 million left on his deal. The Bulldogs picked him up on a cut-price deal but they may struggle to keep the 30-year-old at the club after this year.

Vaughan said he wanted to sort his future out soon.

“I wanted to come out and play good footy,” Vaughan said. “I’ve got a lot of improvement. Hopefully we get it sorted sooner rather than later. I had a good pre-season and trained well. I don’t think I’ve played to the way I know I can. I have to show it first that I’m capable of playing good footy.”

The Bulldogs face another test against Penrith on Sunday just a week on after they were embarrassed by Melbourne.

Representative winger Josh Addo-Carr is holding firm in his belief of the side.

“I feel like a broken record bra,” Addo-Carr said. “We’re working hard to where we want to be. I see the potential in the footy that we can play. That’s the frustrating thing.”
Is The Daily Tellacrap stealing someone else's story ?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
As good as Duffy has played I would love to sign Reece Walsh....not sure when his contract is up....but I know there was talk of him getting out of New Zealand
I might be in the minority, but i think he's extremely overrated.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Makes sense, especially with Sutton and Kikau coming. Vaughan hasn't done much and has been outperformed by King. Dufty has been good and deserves another short term deal. I just hope he keeps up this form once he re-signs...
We can be comfortable Gus will not make a rush decision.
Having him at the club gives us stability !

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Dufty has been our best fullback since 2012.
Nah as it stands B.Morris and Sam Perrett have had better games at #1 for us. Still remember Perrett's try against Manly in the 2014 semi. As for B-Moz he has some excellent games at the back.