Dogs sign half - Josh Cleeland

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ill be very surprised if Cleeland see's any first grade. Ive seen Newtown play 4 times this year, and he just can not tackle, its ok running the ball and kicking,but when you continually sprint out of the line and tackle air, and on the odd occasion you get your body in front and get run over like a speed hump (memories of jason taylor at his defensive best), and cost your side points week in and week out you don't play much first grade.
Josh Reynolds defends like that

Steve Wilson

Waterboy
Reaction score
Cleeland is nowhere near reynolds, and im not a reynolds fan, i was talking to a newtown official when they played us earlier this year on a friday night at belmore, cleeland had options to play QLD CUP, with numerous intrust sides this year, but had no offer from cowboys, titans or broncos and the newtown official was of the belief the only NRL club that made him an offer was cronulla. And after we led i think 20-0 after a short period, we ran over cleeland twice for tries, it was only when newtown brought on a guy in the front row who hit like a sledgehammer our forwards turned it up. So i don't know i hope he works out for us, but from what ive seen he doesn't fill me with confidence.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is the same circumstance your missing the point as a good recruiter which crusher is not you don't just go for players off contract you also go for guys killing it but not getting a chance and try to make a deal happen it's called being pro active
How is it the same? If we sign Nu Brown where does he play? He has a real chance of being their starting hooker next year or at worst a job share with Cherrington.

This isn't defending Crusher because I think Mulholland was much better but I think some of you complain for the sake of complaining

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
How is it the same? If we sign Nu Brown where does he play? He has a real chance of being their starting hooker next year or at worst a job share with Cherrington.

This isn't defending Crusher because I think Mulholland was much better but I think some of you complain for the sake of complaining
Nu brown shits on josh Reynolds

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nu brown shits on josh Reynolds
He does look good but my question is still where does he play? In the other thread I do ask if the Reynolds to Souths rumours are true. I still think Foran is a better option if he is in the right state to play again.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I like Brown.. Buts he's not what we need here. We need direction. Either at hooker or in the halves. As sad as it is to say.. Jeff Robson would help us.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I like Brown.. Buts he's not what we need here. We need direction. Either at hooker or in the halves. As sad as it is to say.. Jeff Robson would help us.
Wash your mouth out. The last thing we need here is an older version of Hodkinson

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Brad Abbey looked a special talent too.
Give Abbey some time lads, he was only playing U20s last year...
Look how Thurston turned out and we chose Anasta and Sherwin over him. You just don't know until they've had the opportunity to develop physically and get game time in the top grade.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
corey hughes was shit? lmao, so u have played first grade at 7,6 and 9 and won a premiership? honestly the rubbish on here is embarrasing.
He wasn't the best player but he was one tough bastard.

Plus I'd have him over Lichaa, Cook and Garvey.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
touch as they come, always gave 100% and anyone that can play first grade for that long, win premierships, is a legend of the club.
you can tell the niff nuffs on there that havent played a game before, they dont understand the game.
corey was head and shoulders above those players, so was perry.
Lol Perry, another tough as nails nugget.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
corey hughes was shit? lmao, so u have played first grade at 7,6 and 9 and won a premiership? honestly the rubbish on here is embarrasing.
Corey Hughes was worse than shit. I was trying to compliment him you dope.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Cleeland has told Newtown teammates that Hasler has told him that he will be starting on the bench next year to see how he goes.

Poor guy doesn't realise that means he'll be sitting on the bench until the 73rd minute when we are 14 points behind.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Cleeland has told Newtown teammates that Hasler has told him that he will be starting on the bench next year to see how he goes.

Poor guy doesn't realise that means he'll be sitting on the bench until the 73rd minute when we are 14 points behind.
and playing hooker

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Des doesn't sign reserve grad... Oh wait. Nevermind.

jamma01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lichaa is gone there is no way woolford would of come to the dogs to be second or third choise , there are lots of clubs looking for hookers that he could of gone to, cleeland will take reynolds spot and reynolds utility

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I missed this earlier.
What is his kicking game like?
So I guess this means no Foran!

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Lichaa is gone there is no way woolford would of come to the dogs to be second or third choise , there are lots of clubs looking for hookers that he could of gone to, cleeland will take reynolds spot and reynolds utility
Woolford won't be playing first grade next year lol. Pretty sure this is his first real year of 20's. He'll bounce between 20's and Cup next season. Probably have a tanty and leave.

jamma01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Woolford won't be playing first grade next year lol. Pretty sure this is his first real year of 20's. He'll bounce between 20's and Cup next season. Probably have a tanty and leave.
Woolford is to old for 20s next year , he is the best hooker in the 20s stand out would have had clubs chasing him , the rumour of lichaa being shiped out has merit , woolford will play first grade at some point next year

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Not sure where Woolford fits if he can't play NYC. At first I thought he was signed for when Joey Tramontana goes "young Joel Romelo", blows a fuse, and gets suspended for 12 weeks (or sacked).
All the signs I've seen so far suggest a Tramontana melt down may not be far off, as he's already been suspended for abusing the refs once, and sinbinned another time.

He won't replace Garvey, UNLESS Frawley and Siejka won't be resigned, and Cleeland and Woolford will be our halves?

Lichaa is signed up till end of 2018.

We also have young Lincoln Lewis and Will Kerr to fit into the equation as well.. both show very promising signs so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.