Dogs sign half - Josh Cleeland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
DOGS CHASE SHARKS HALF

They may be linked to Kieran Foran but Canterbury are chasing Cronulla back-up half Josh Cleeland.

Market Watch can reveal the Bulldogs have offered the 25-year-old a two-year deal in a bid to have him leave the Shire.

Cleeland joined the Sharks in the off-season after an incredible 2015 with Ipswich in the Intrust Super Premiership.

Josh Cleeland scores for the Sharks during the Auckland Nines.Source: News Corp Australia
Having impressed at the Auckland Nines and for Newtown this year, Cleeland is wanted by the Bulldogs as cover for Josh Reynolds and Moses Mbye.

Des Hasler is so impressed by the crafty half that he wanted to bring him to the club before June 30 but Sharks wouldn’t release him.

Having released Dane Chisholm to take up a deal with Bradford in England, the club is in need of a quality back-up half.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...h/news-story/b845da9e388fcaea7feeb3a9b423e6db

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't know why we aren't chasing famau brown or however you spell it

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Don't know why we aren't chasing famau brown or however you spell it
Doubt he would go to another club just to be a back up.. Storm could pick him up and throw him in the 6.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Because we are looking for a BACK-UP half. Nu Brown will be in First grade in a few years.
So nu brown in first grade in a few years wouldn't that be a back up half for now whilst creating some healthy competition for Reynolds,sounds like what your saying is we should have a back up half not good enough for first grade ? I think josh r has improved but certainly hasn't totally owner his spot yet and a gun half in the wings wouldn't be a bad thing

Last edited:

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So nu brown in first grade in a few years wouldn't that be a back up half for now whilst creating some healthy competition for Reynolds,sounds like what your saying is we should have a back up half not good enough for first grade ? I think josh r has improved but certainly hasn't totally owner his spot yet and a gun half in the wings wouldn't be a bad thing
Nu brown could be offered a first grade spot next year. His price would be too high.

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a special talent he looks like..

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Another josh , why don't we fill the whole team with Josh's lol
NICE!!!! Snags the bench spot for Team Josh!!

1. Josh Dugan
2. Josh Mansour
3. Josh Morris
4. Josh Hoffman
5. Josh Addo-Carr
6. Josh Reynolds
7. Josh McCrone
8. Josh McGuire
9. Josh Hodgson
10. Josh Starling
11. Josh Jackson
12. Josh Papalii
13. Josh Bowden (ESL)

14. Josh Aloiai
15. Josh Chudleigh
16. Josh Walters (ESL)
17. Josh Cleeland

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
NICE!!!! Snags the bench spot for Team Josh!!

1. Josh Dugan
2. Josh Mansour
3. Josh Morris
4. Josh Hoffman
5. Josh Addo-Carr
6. Josh Reynolds
7. Josh McCrone
8. Josh McGuire
9. Josh Hodgson
10. Josh Starling
11. Josh Jackson
12. Josh Papalii
13. Josh Bowden (ESL)

14. Josh Aloiai
15. Josh Chudleigh
16. Josh Walters (ESL)
17. Josh Cleeland
I think there is a Josh Jones who plays for Salford. Maybe bring him in as 18th man.

Malla

Reaction score
I thought we covered the loss of Chisolm?

In saying that he is a genuine half back who led the QLD Cup last year in line break assists, but that would have been due more to the way in which Ipswich played.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'll be interested to see what happens in a few positions in the lower grades next year. I believe Harry Siejka and Frawley are off contract at the end of the year then you have Lewis (I'm not sure if he's going to be too old to play 20's and will need to move into NSW cup).

Also McInally is off contract this year and imo Stanley should hang up the boots which is probably the reason we are looking to sign up Edrick Lee.

Status
Not open for further replies.