Opinion Do we extend Lewis' contract?

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Four times I counted Lewis was caught out by speed and the sharks had already passed him by and drew in schoupp and Knockonbur. Lewis is a terrible defender laterally and gets caught out by speed every time.
It seems to me that you are a real Lewis cretic, maybe you wouldn't be so harsh on him if you concentrated on the game as a whole than just counting every mistake Lewis makes.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wouldn’t be a bad shout to try him at 13. Defense certainly isn’t an issue and can provide that long kicking game. Has a similar build to radly

cyborg66

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
no looks like he could be a tiger next year thank god!!!

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The four occosaions that lead to tries or line breaks because he cant move sideways quick enough to help his outside man? Bloke is a terrible defender in any situation outside of someone running straight at him. Those Okunbur rush ins were as much as Lewis and Schoupps fault.
Lewis is trash. I can't believe how many people say he will make a good 13 and make comparisons to Radley or Murray! Its unbelievable. Lewis doesn't have half the leg speed or ball skills of either of those two. Post contact metres will be in the negative. The idea to manufacture a lock out of a failed five eight when we have a guy like Thommo in our squad who is a world class lock is madness.

Last edited:

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've stated this a few times given his body frame isn't much different to Victor Radley or Cam Murray. Obviously skill levels are vastly different but if Lewis roided up he could be a good ball playing lock.

All ifs and buts though. But agree with one year extension
And he has a good kicking game. Having a few long range, accurate kickers in the squad is good, tactically.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His kicking game was best on ground today. He was illegally taken out for one of their tries, and didn't do the big sook that many players are prone to do these days.
he should have done the sook.
we are getting left behing because of old values.
we need to adapt to suevive or die off.

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would as a back up option definitely not a first choice option

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
He’s really not. He’s had one play come off since he’s been back in first grade. There’s been nothing at all happening on his edge and he has struggled creating anything when he’s first receiver in the past. There’s more to being a half in the NRL than trying hard.
Maybe you count "plays" differently to me, but I see in the stats 2 tries, 2 try assists and 1 line break assist in 5 games. Surely there's more than 1 "play" in that alone.

Always a Bulldog

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe you count "plays" differently to me, but I see in the stats 2 tries, 2 try assists and 1 line break assist in 5 games. Surely there's more than 1 "play" in that alone.

Always a Bulldog
Stats never tell the full story. One try was literally diving on a loose ball and I think both assists are off a bomb aren’t they? That’s hardly something to write home about and certainly not a sustainable way to create points which was my point.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It seems to me that you are a real Lewis cretic, maybe you wouldn't be so harsh on him if you concentrated on the game as a whole than just counting every mistake Lewis makes.
When the opening 2 tries plus the one disallowed and the one huge line break 15 minutes in were all from him its hard not to count it.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lewis is trash. I can't believe how many people say he will make a good 13 and make comparisons to Radley or Murray! Its unbelievable. Lewis doesn't have half the leg speed or ball skills of either of those two. Post contact metres will be in the negative. The idea to manufacture a lock out of a failed five eight when we have a guy like Thommo in our squad who is a world class lock is madness.
The whole having to find a position for someone is typical of a bottom feeder club who is running out of talent. The only real success stories of players moving positions so late in their career were already players great at their original position. People in this thread saying he has a similar body to RADLEY, someone who runs hard asf compared to Lewis lol