Opinion Do we extend Lewis' contract?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Because given half a sniff, and with all the natural talent of a blind sloth trying to play a round of gold, Lewis actually looks like he wants to be there, and against all the odds manages to produce something noticeable more often than some of his more talented peers.

And also because this has been such a sucky season that it actually means something to see someone playing like they want to be there.

I reckon keep signing him on 1 year minimum deals. When he doesn't get picked for a whole season it means we have an actual good squad at long last.
Na, let him go. Part of the problem.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
His kicking game is still terrible. Boots the ball to get us out of trouble but it always finds the fullback on the full.

He's very involved but just doesn't cut it as a first grade half.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If you’re not sold on him after 4 years I don’t think you will ever be.
I'm willing to give him the 1 year and let managers and coaches worry about the rest. He's a compo player. We need that back up.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've stated this a few times given his body frame isn't much different to Victor Radley or Cam Murray. Obviously skill levels are vastly different but if Lewis roided up he could be a good ball playing lock.

All ifs and buts though. But agree with one year extension
The good news is I hear the drug testers haven't been testing since COVID say maybe he should get on the 'roids.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
No he wasn’t. And he could’ve been best on ground and you’d still try and claim he was terrible.
What did he do ? His defence was shocking left shouppe stranded on several occasions

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
My biggest concern is his organisational skills and unorthodox kicking skills. I love his defence which is great.....but he's not a half. I can't create a space for him in the squad if we have to put him in another position. Again, I'm extending him for a year based on defence only and hoping he goes to the next level with new players around him.
His defence was terrible today, he doesnt work from the inside and too slow.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So next year we have Burton, Wakeham, Flanagan & BBO. I'd be offloading Wakeham & Flanagan & trying to get a promising half from somewhere else. If we cannot find one then I would give Lewis 1 year on minimum. But we desperately need a game manager.

I have only seen Burton in the centres against us. Is he a game manager or a spark player? Whichever one he is I would find the other.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Lewis is too slow to be a half and doesn't make up for his turtle speed with any natural instinct. If we have no other option but to re-sign him we are in dire straits, surely Gus, Barrett and co. Are seeking better options

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Lewis is too slow to be a half and doesn't make up for his turtle speed with any natural instinct. If we have no other option but to re-sign him we are in dire straits, surely Gus, Barrett and co. Are seeking better options
How embarrassing watching him run away after the charge down, slower than hodko

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Nah the guy has had his time.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
When opposition run straight at him he defends exceptionally well but a bit of speed n footwork becomes a real challenge because of his lack of speed n agility. His effort is outstanding but so slow n lacking skill

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He's not a First Grader. We need to move on from players like Lewis who aren't good enough at this level.

707_2Belmore

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s had more than enough chances. Played ok/good in patches today but that’s all you’ll ever get from him. His best is other players’ average. We don’t need that anymore.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lewis is not a FG half (and it doesnt look like Avo is either). He doesn't have the creativity of a NRL half.

We seem to be the only team in the comp that generates most of our limited points through our forwards. Our halves don't create the majority of our tries for us...that's the problem. I'd have BBO ahead of Lewis (and Avo) at 6.

Hell I'd rather sign Benji or a busted Pearce than friggin Lewis. Regardless, I can't see Gus putting up with Lewis' mediocrity even on a 1 year deal