Opinion Do we extend Lewis' contract?

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
A tough question. Is this a Lichaa situation where he had his contract extended based on 3 games?

I wasn't a fan of him under Pay. However he has been defensively very good this year, and energetic.

For me it's a 1 year extension with no guarantee of FG. This gives him an opportunity to sign up with the new Qld franchise if it ever takes off.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
No he’s had countless chances to perform and just isn’t a NRL standard half. Trying hard isn’t good enough for a new deal. If we want to stay where we are than persist with players like Lewis because that’s what’s going to happen.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
No he’s had countless chances to perform and just isn’t a NRL standard half. Trying hard isn’t good enough for a new deal. If we want to stay where we are than persist with players like Lewis because that’s what’s going to happen.
He wins me over defensively. That's the best part. I just don't know about everything else hence 1 year only.

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I've wondered if Lewis could ever make a 13.
I've stated this a few times given his body frame isn't much different to Victor Radley or Cam Murray. Obviously skill levels are vastly different but if Lewis roided up he could be a good ball playing lock.

All ifs and buts though. But agree with one year extension

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Need to offload Flanno and or Wakeman.
Lewis for backup only for Burton to play on left side minimum contract only 1 year only.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He was terrible today
My biggest concern is his organisational skills and unorthodox kicking skills. I love his defence which is great.....but he's not a half. I can't create a space for him in the squad if we have to put him in another position. Again, I'm extending him for a year based on defence only and hoping he goes to the next level with new players around him.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lewis at worst is great depth - we should sign him on for that. Then see whether Gould and Barret can work out how to help him breakthrough with his ball skills and short kicking game.
Why would you sign a half if you need to work so much on their fundamentals when they are half way through their career?