Did the ref get it right? Or did the knights get robbed

Was it a try or no try?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah he was dirty on the Ross drop, but yeah the Sione one '2nd' was the one he was most dirty about.
2nd one didnt even get to the grass but it was denied because of the push help and he was in the way preventing a dogs player from defending.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Both no tries were correct, the replays clearly show that the ball was lost during the put down.

stclair

Kennel Established
Reaction score
2nd one didnt even get to the grass but it was denied because of the push help and he was in the way preventing a dogs player from defending.
Yep... He can push his own player, but he pushed the defender...

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
They robbed themselves - and we were doing well competing trying to rob ourselves too.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Seemed to be some separation, the Communist microscope works both ways.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
From the angles i saw i didn't see any conclusive evidence to not award it but as i said in my other post, i don't think we get all the angles the vid ref does. Either way happy to see to awarded no try :grinning:
It was pretty clear; and the bunker gave the reason for overruling the ref - he lost the ball as he came down, and didn't get a hand onto to it to regain control; he just fell onto it with his arm, which doesn't equate to control once it has slipped from his grasp. Had the ball been on the ground and he forced it with his arm it would have been a try; but when he loses his grip on the ball, then forces it with his arm, it's a clear knock-on.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wonder if people would be thinking the same if one of our tries was denied in the same way.
Possibly, but the same journalists would be telling us that the bunker got it right; the decision has been made and cannot be reversed; better team won; so stop complaining.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They're terrible.
About 4 pixels per foot.
And a heap of dead pixels too.

I was at the non-drinking end, try happened in front of me. Live looked like a try for all money, replay on the the crap screen was too small/pixeled/far away to tell. When I got home and saw it, no contest it was lost.

If Knights fans are dirty about that, they must be absolutely filthy their centre dropped an absolute sitter less than 10m out line wide open not long after that.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can't believe the Knights fans are having a meltdown over the clear knock on. Rules are rules people. Also why wasn't the knights dude penalised for putting downward pressure on Jackson's head which lead to him losing the ball? It wasn't the best but least Frawley played and we won on my birthday which made it bitter sweet.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The no tries calls were spot on and I take my hat off to the refs and salute the General

I knew he would look after us [emoji6]

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
lost control and didn't regain control before the ball hit the ground. Doesn't matter if he grounded with his arm or torso simultaneously to it hitting the ground. No control regained = no try.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It was the correct call.

I can't believe the 'journalists' reporting that the Knights were robbed.

Seems like they wanted a fairy tale finish.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
It's a clear knock on.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
100% Knock on. No doubt whatsoever

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly, i think that last try was a try(well not enough evidence to not award it) but the hard thing is we don't see all the angles that the video ref does unless something has changed that i don't know about.
If it was us I would be blowing up it was a 50/50 call and it went against on field decision

I don't know about robbed but agree with comment above

Status
Not open for further replies.