Was it a try or no try?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
If it was us I would be blowing up it was a 50/50 call and it went against on field decision

I don't know about robbed but agree with comment above
You only have to go back a few years to a Tim Laffai no try against Penrith, which could have won the game for us. His fingertips were on the ball all the way down to, and including, the grounding; it was ruled no try because he lost control. The bunker ruled that he no longer had the ball in his grasp, therefore no longer had control.
We had to suck it up. Now it's our turn to get the benefit of the same ruling.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You only have to go back a few years to a Tim Laffai no try against Penrith, which could have won the game for us. His fingertips were on the ball all the way down to, and including, the grounding; it was ruled no try because he lost control. The bunker ruled that he no longer had the ball in his grasp, therefore no longer had control.
We had to suck it up. Now it's our turn to get the benefit of the same ruling.
That's not true

The rules back then were as long as you had contact it didn't matter about control.

So again we got shafted but yet no one makes a fuss about it when it happens to us.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought it was a fair try. The referee awarded it, and there was not significant doubt to override the decision. Newcastle were stiff because they are a lowly rated side. Had the ref said no try, and it was ruled no try, that's a different story.
For mine it was a dud call.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Knock on / lost possession close ya thread
I think your bias is for all to see, if you think it was clear cut not a try. The on field ref said try. No way was there enough evidence to over rule it.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Try or no try I really don't give a fuck.

I wish it was a try so the media and inbred Hick ***** burn more that they lost to us.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think your bias is for all to see, if you think it was clear cut not a try. The on field ref said try. No way was there enough evidence to over rule it.
I am not a Bulldogs fan, so no bias from me.

And it wasn't a try.

It would have been if they hadn't changed the rules.

You do know that the bunker has different angles we don't see, though we didn't need the different angles, as he clearly lost control of the ball.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's always going to be a tough one and they called try on the field but I think there was enough to overturn it.

The confusion is over the rule book that says that you need downward pressure and don't lose contact. The refs have reinterpreted this as "control" but it doesn't mention control in the rulebook. Personally I think if they're losing control it doesn't matter. Should be a try.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
People are still talking about this lol

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Simply he didn't regain possession. He can use his forearm to ground the ball but once you grab it and lose it you have to regain it.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Simply he didn't regain possession. He can use his forearm to ground the ball but once you grab it and lose it you have to regain it.
This sums it up perfectly.

What's disgusting is apparently Bill Harrigan and Girdler both said try, which fuels the fire for the average bogan.

Billy should know better, but shouldn't be a surprise as we had a 25% win record with him as a ref....still hasn't changed the ****!

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What's disgusting is apparently Bill Harrigan and Girdler both said try, which fuels the fire for the average bogan.
These 2 are still trying to stay relevant.

Both are arsewipes.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
This sums it up perfectly.

Billy should know better, but shouldn't be a surprise as we had a 25% win record with him as a ref....still hasn't changed the ****!
Mate at the end of the day we were lucky to get a win against an average football team.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I thought it was a fair try. The referee awarded it, and there was not significant doubt to override the decision. Newcastle were stiff because they are a lowly rated side. Had the ref said no try, and it was ruled no try, that's a different story.
For mine it was a dud call.
Take your hand off it Dude FFS

Status
Not open for further replies.