Was it a try or no try?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
.why is my Facebook newsfeed all about knights getting robbed?

What the fuck is this so called try they are crapping on about that got disallowed to the knights?

I didn't get to watch the game

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lol... Sione lost control of the ball. it was in his hand, then it was lost before being grounded by his arm. Therefore he lost control.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
CONTROVERSY erupted late in Newcastle’s 22-12 loss to the Bulldogs when the men in the Bunker robbed the Novocastrians of what appeared to be a certain try.

Knights back-rower Sione Mata’utia got on the end of a grubber and looked for all money to have grounded the ball in the in-goal. The on-field officials thought so but video referee Jarrod Maxwell disagreed, saying the 20-year-old lost control of the Steeden.

The decision wasn’t well received by the home fans, nor by Penrith Panthers legend Ryan Girdler.

“That’s a try every day of the week,” Girdler said on Triple M. “That’s ridiculous, what a farce.”

The Dogs were leading 18-12 with less than 10 minutes to play when Mata’utia was denied and the Knights couldn’t recover from the disappointment. A Canterbury try in the dying seconds wrapped up the win for the visitors.

Blah blah blah........ http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/na...s/news-story/be93134bd0076c94075a92556f40d196 if your interested.
Watching the replay on this article, it wasn't that unclear that the ball had popped out of his hands, was between his arms in the air before he fell on it.

We where a bit lucky there, but its not that controversial, and didn't look at all certain did it?

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Honestly, i think that last try was a try(well not enough evidence to not award it) but the hard thing is we don't see all the angles that the video ref does unless something has changed that i don't know about.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Lol he lost control of the ball. In any case they didnt lose by 6.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He lost control of the ball, he needed to regain possession - falling on the ball wasn't enough

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Honestly, i think that last try was a try(well not enough evidence to not award it) but the hard thing is we don't see all the angles that the video ref does unless something has changed that i don't know about.
It wasn't. Not even close. He lost the ball on the way down. Nothing else other than a dropped ball could have been ruled.

Hôt-dawg

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Knock on / lost possession close ya thread

Reactions: DT

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
It wasn't. Not even close. He lost the ball on the way down. Nothing else other than a dropped ball could have been ruled.
From the angles i saw i didn't see any conclusive evidence to not award it but as i said in my other post, i don't think we get all the angles the vid ref does. Either way happy to see to awarded no try :grinning:

stclair

Kennel Established
Reaction score
FFS...
What a load of hot fucking shit...
Sensationalist hogwash/codswallop at best...
The lost ball was as clear as the intention of the article and this thread...

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
was 50/50 I thought, he looked to have lost it on the angles they were showing then after it was disallowed they showed another angle where it appeared his fingers never lost contact with the ball....what stood out to me though was just how dumb those Matatatartiua's (fucked if know how they spell it) are time after time dumb and low percentage plays from all the brothers.....we dodged a bullet with them in what could have been another Des disaster signing coup

Hôt-dawg

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don't give a fuk what expert or journo says it wasn't a try. So wrap the thread up cause it's yesterday's chip wrapper

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No try. End of story. Now for Newcastle to get ready for next weeks defeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.