Official Ciraldo announces Crichton as new Club Captain, Expresses gratitude to Mahoney and Burton

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
critter is a winner, we want winners to lead us. he knows how to win, he knows how they must train to win.
He is a leader, simply put and it seems all the players will follow him
100%
Speaks volumes for current Panther organisation that Crichton is now our captain and Luai will likely captain Tigers in 25'. Couple more players in their squad that could easily captain other clubs should they ever leave.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
They're just cut Burton took an L.
That’s the thing though Marly, It will only be an L for him if he kicks stones and drops his bottom lip and if he does that then it was definitely the right call to remove him from the captaincy. We all know he needs to pull his finger out and start playing some football, he’s just got one less thing to focus on now.

Last edited:

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we are about to see the real Ciraldo, he had no options last year his hands where tied, this year is very different.

Gus said in his podcast that good defence all starts with ball security ..

Knight to reggies after his poor ball handling trial 1 speaks volumes mate ..

No more Waddell shit mistakes at the worst possible time that puts your team mates under immense pressure .. hold the ball or get tf out .. next man up ..

People been scoffing and saying the new recruits are shit for months, they’re about to see the bigger picture & realise they know sweet f/a ..

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The usual shit will start after our first loss
Gus said in his podcast that good defence all starts with ball security ..

Knight to reggies after his poor ball handling trial 1 speaks volumes mate ..

No more Waddell shit mistakes at the worst possible time that puts your team mates under immense pressure .. hold the ball or get tf out .. next man up ..

People been scoffing and saying the new recruits are shit for months, they’re about to see the bigger picture & realise they know sweet f/a ..
The usual shit will start after our first loss but we are on the right path as a club.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
critter is a winner, we want winners to lead us. he knows how to win, he knows how they must train to win.
He is a leader, simply put and it seems all the players will follow him
100%
Speaks volumes for current Panther organisation that Crichton is now our captain and Luai will likely captain Tigers in 25'. Couple more players in their squad that could easily captain other clubs should they ever leave.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
That’s the thing though Marly, It will only be an L for him if he kicks stones and drops his bottom lip and if he does that then it will as definitely the right call to remove him from the captaincy. We all know he needs to pull his finger out and start playing some football, he’s just got one less thing to focus on now.
All I'll say is I've never seen another player babied as much as he has been, club has gone above an beyond with him and tried various approaches to fire him up. Most other players do not get this opportunity.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
All I'll say is I've never seen another player babied as much as he has been, club has gone above an beyond with him and tried various approaches to fire him up. Most other players do not get this opportunity.
Luke Brooks and the tigers say hi. :tearsofjoy: Be thankful we aren’t going that far down the road with him. I understand your frustration with Burton but I understand why it’s played out this long with him.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Luke Brooks and the tigers say hi. :tearsofjoy: Be thankful we aren’t going that far down the road with him. I understand your frustration with Burton but I understand why it’s played out this long with him.
Just on Brooks I reckon he kills it at Manly....but yes, Tigers and Brooks should've separated years ago, both he and the club would've benefited.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everything is a stepping stone towards future sustained success, some were bought just to fill a short term gap, some to inspire and show our juniors what hard work & real training looks like, some were just initially bought to start the ball rolling and attract other players, maybe even coaches, some were mistakes, some to show others how winners prepare and continue being winners … I see a bigger picture and a long term plan.

Personally I believe it’s all about what’s happening underneath what we’re currently seeing in first grade … that’s the future, and what the club is really working towards … we saw it in trial 1 …. Crichton’s only 23, I believe he’ll Captain this long term plan along with Kik’s and a few others … in 2/3 years time our club will be top 4 and go on to win multiple premierships … but the squad will look completely different to what it does now .. it will be filled with kids we’ve developed & Crichton will captain them ,,, watch this space ..

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

MoNkEy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's a very impressive young man.

Maturity beyond his years.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That wouldn’t be the smartest appointment in my view. Hutch is not even guaranteed to last the season in first grade
And critta has signed for 4 years. Of course there are all of the qualities he brings to the role with his wealth of experience and profesionalism, but its also a good way of keeping him around for the long haul. He could be a 10 year captain for us.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
And critta has signed for 4 years. Of course there are all of the qualities he brings to the role with his wealth of experience and profesionalism, but its also a good way of keeping him around for the long haul. He could be a 10 year captain for us.
yep I can see why Cameron wanted Critta and luai if landed him. Because they have been through it all for the last 4 years in the top grade. What I hope this does for this season is elevate kikau back to his form of recent years. Been really scared in how he really hasn’t put in the love for the club. I understand he isn’t much of a talker but I hope it changes