Official Ciraldo announces Crichton as new Club Captain, Expresses gratitude to Mahoney and Burton

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think we are about to see the real Ciraldo, he had no options last year his hands where tied, this year is very different.
I've never lost the faith. People wrote him off very quickly, but he walked into a shit show full of players that had completely lost their will to win. Things have changed and I'm confident we will be much improved this year.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
100% in for Critta as captain

We have a huge leadership void with no player being at the club more than a couple of years

CC has known Critta since he was a teenager, he has seen him develop closely every season (except last season) and if he thinks he is the man for the job, I'm for it

Critta has unbelievable playing credentials behind him already at a young age and I think he will take the captaincy in his stride

We are a new young team on the rise and have one of the best young players in the game leading us.

I'm excited
Panthers won three peat because of him
“Loose ball he runs 15 metres in desperation to dive on it, and we all know what happened several plays after it downfield Nathan, Cleary scores, and that was that”

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
yep I can see why Cameron wanted Critta and luai if landed him. Because they have been through it all for the last 4 years in the top grade. What I hope this does for this season is elevate kikau back to his form of recent years. Been really scared in how he really hasn’t put in the love for the club. I understand he isn’t much of a talker but I hope it changes
Last year was a really tough one for kiks! You can imagine that after his dad passed, all he would want to do is play footy. Instead, he was in rehab all year. Not a great mental space to be in. I'm sure he will benefit from having more familiar faces at the club this year.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The captain decision probably reflects what CC wants out of his ‘captain’ at this point in time… they have such a relatively young side, with no established Bulldog senior… does CC need a captain to instil the ‘bulldog ethos’, or does he need a standout player to lead a group of on-the-cusp players… it seems he has gone with the later with Critter for this year, and possibly relying on the old Bulldog players around training to promote the ethos stuff.
Who are the old bulldogs in the current side?? No one has been at the club more then 2 years

Cantabrian35

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Crichton's appointment may be a hint that Mahoney's playing minutes will reduce in 2024. I don't think Mahoney was terrible as captain last year but I do think he overplayed his hand quite often and, when his form dipped in the second half of the year, this was further exacerbated by this tendency. Maybe taking the captaincy away from him will curb this instinct a little.

Crichton will be on the field for the full 80 minutes, has shown an amazing temperament in big games (grand finals, SOO's and internationals) and he has a remarkable level of respect among the playing group already (from listening to what they have had to say about him).

With this decision made, I hope Burton remains the goalkicker as I think captaining the team will be more than enough added responsibility.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wish Critta all the best this year as captain, I just hope his gane doesnt go backwards...

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
100%
Speaks volumes for current Panther organisation that Crichton is now our captain and Luai will likely captain Tigers in 25'. Couple more players in their squad that could easily captain other clubs should they ever leave.
You could have just said the current Tigers captain is an ex panther ....
Crichton could end up being one of our most important signings ever

Reecek89

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Crichton's appointment may be a hint that Mahoney's playing minutes will reduce in 2024. I don't think Mahoney was terrible as captain last year but I do think he overplayed his hand quite often and, when his form dipped in the second half of the year, this was further exacerbated by this tendency. Maybe taking the captaincy away from him will curb this instinct a little.

Crichton will be on the field for the full 80 minutes, has shown an amazing temperament in big games (grand finals, SOO's and internationals) and he has a remarkable level of respect among the playing group already (from listening to what they have had to say about him).

With this decision made, I hope Burton remains the goalkicker as I think captaining the team will be more than enough added responsibility.
I don’t think he played his hand too much towards the end he was the only bloke besides Preston having a proper go and looked tired of losing. He was also the only one really busting his arse in the middle defence. TPJ and Thompson always left him stranded at the end

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Last year was a really tough one for kiks! You can imagine that after his dad passed, all he would want to do is play footy. Instead, he was in rehab all year. Not a great mental space to be in. I'm sure he will benefit from having more familiar faces at the club this year.
yeah 100% just this year he seems he isn’t having that love of how we expect Critta has been doing. Give you example, he wasn’t even in the grandstand where Critta and co sat last week. Found that pretty weird

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
*Waahhh critta is almost the perfect candidate to cpt us except for not having worn the jersey and he's too young wahhh*

Why didn't CC consider one of our longer serving players with ingrained loser culture...

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Could have, but just to drive point home with how many players Panthers have turned into leaders. I certainly hope so with Crichton, looking forward to seeing him play tonight

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Could have, but just to drive point home with how many players Panthers have turned into leaders. I certainly hope so with Crichton, looking forward to seeing him play tonight

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
yeah 100% just this year he seems he isn’t having that love of how we expect Critta has been doing. Give you example, he wasn’t even in the grandstand where Critta and co sat last week. Found that pretty weird
Interesting. Surely there are reasons why he wasn't there??...
Keep the faith, he will come good once he plays some footy.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m less keen on this decision after seeing the full interview Critta did with Grub (Grub and Critta lol). Critta trying to articulate a point makes me wince tbh. Going from Burto and Reed to him isn’t an upgrade in that area that’s for sure. Hopefully he does better with his actions though.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
critter is a winner, we want winners to lead us. he knows how to win, he knows how they must train to win.
He is a leader, simply put and it seems all the players will follow him
Critter is a true champion who has experience in those big games.
I am more than confident he’ll settle into that role long term and do an excellent job.
Great call from our coach.