Canterbury Bulldogs set out preseason plans: to unleash the Dogs of war

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
“I think that if it comes to the point where the best option is to put it on the boot and roll one through or find an offload through the line or things like that that involve a bit more ball playing, I’ll have the confidence to do that.

“I’ll know my teammates would have the confidence for me to do that as well
I can’t ever imagine a situation where the “best option” is Elliot kicking the ball.
I like the idea of him at lock though, but he’ll need to improve his ball handling.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So Tolman on the bench? Who the fk kicks the goals if no Martin?

Unless Mbye has been practicing?
He would need to have been practising 24 hours a day / 7 days a week since the second he stepped off the field in the last game.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yup. Rather him there than on an edge. I guess our pack will look like this using the bits and pieces in the media..

8. Woods
9. Lichaa
10. Klemmer
11. RFM
12. Jackson
13. Elliott/Tolman

14. ??????
15. Tolman/Elliott
16. Fualalo
17. Tualau

That's probably one of the most balanced packs we could put together. Guess the final spot depends on if Pay wants a utility or an extra forward. Probably don't need an extra forward as Elliott can cover the edge if required so a utility that can cover the halves and backs is probably best with HIA's becoming so common.
I hope Martin gets a chance to start in the 12 shifting Jacko to the middle and Elliot back to the left edge.. It's just playing players strengths in the right positions for me.

Jacko's strength is his defence, he cant run exquisite lines and for me is wasted on the right edge. Jacko in 13 for me.

Martin runs a deadly outside in line and is a natural ball playing right edge forward, fitness maybe a downfall but he should be 12 come end of season.

Elliot is no RFM but then again RFM, Tualau and Fualalo coming off the bench adds plenty of X factor. Its whether u want to give the Morris boys space as Elliot can run better decoys or the Morris boys can receive an offload from RFM who is yet understand composer under fatigue = plenty of mistakes. Elliot in 11 - RFM Bench.

8. Klem
10. Woods
11. Elliot
12. Martin
13. Jacko

14. Tolman
15. Tualau
16. Fualalo
17. RFM

Incase of injury to backs Jacko or Elliot can slip into centre and Fualalo can slip into Lock.

Extremely balanced pack to start and a strong bench which can turn games.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is it just me!!!

This guy goes out of his way to get his name his face everywhere

He is a nobody imao and not first grade standard

Please
I agree with ya
Bench player at best when we have the likes of rfm, jacko, Martin, Tuamaga Eastwood and priest all vying for a spot

Reactions: GDR

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
W
Great chat from Elliott. He improved massively in 2017 and deserves a starting spot imo. Looks like it’ll be...

11. Jackson
12. RFM
13. Elliott

That’s a pretty aggressive back row and if they can all lift for one another then we’ll see the best in all of them.

BRING ON 2018!!
we must have been watching different bulldogs games
He had one good game against Canberra and the rest were mediocre at best

Reactions: GDR

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Its just you. Im sure everyone else is happy to hear that one other contentious position seems to be settled.
I’d take jacko there at lock in a heart beat
Won the nsw player or series there and is a gun sewing up the middle
Will go all day

Then there is priest who pay brought over to play fg 100% and Eastwood who wants to play lock and not second row

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hate Elliot with a passion and i don't believe he is a 2nd rower and not upto FG standard either....

But....

I will sit back and give him an opportunity to prove me wrong if he gets a shot there. Its a whole new ball game with a new coach and new game plan.
I’m with u 100% and agree
Will give him a go under dean pay but I don’t believe Hasler was at fault for his rubbish butterfingers

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
8. Woods
9. Lich
10. Klemmer
11. Martin (goalkicker)
12. Rfm left edge with Foran
13. Jacko

14. Brown
15. Tolman
16. Tualau
17. Tuamaga/Eastwood/fualoa

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Makes recruitment pretty easy for 2019 then. Papalii has to be a primary target.
8. Woods
9. Lichaa
10. Woods
11. Jackson
12. Papalii
13. Elliot

14. Martin / Utility ?
15. Mariner
16. Fualalo
17. Taulau

would be a very strong and versatile pack.
Gotta be pretty good with two woods in the team.........lol

N

Natboy

Elliott has feet for hands but like most here I’ll give him a clean slate especially if he’s playing in the middle as he’s a solid enough defender that apparently has a pass and short kicking game
I’d like to know how many more balls he dropped per game compared to our other forwards. Where’s our Kennel Middleton?
Maybe it was just a confidence thing under Kim Jong Hasler, especially if he’s played a lot of 5/8 in the past

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’d like to know how many more balls he dropped per game compared to our other forwards. Where’s our Kennel Middleton?
Maybe it was just a confidence thing under Kim Jong Hasler, especially if he’s played a lot of 5/8 in the past
It was his first full season in the top grade, so of course he is going to make mistakes. I cant believe people saying he is shit and doeant deserve to play first grade. Auch a load of shit. Give the man time.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Everyones forgetting young D'Rhys Miller who will seriously push for a place in the 17 this year.
He’s not in the top 30. No one outside a clubs top 30 can play NRL unless there is a mass injury crisis etc.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Jackson 0.9
Elliott 0.8
Kasiano 0.5
Klemmer 0.4
Eastwood 0.4
Graham 0.4
RFM 0.3
Tolman 0.3
Fualalo 0.1
Tualau 0

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
So is this article propaganda from Ray Dib? It's going to take a lot more than that to save your ass Dib!

N

Natboy

Jackson 0.9
Elliott 0.8
Kasiano 0.5
Klemmer 0.4
Eastwood 0.4
Graham 0.4
RFM 0.3
Tolman 0.3
Fualalo 0.1
Tualau 0
Cheers Middo.
I thought Jackson would be right up there, he dropped the ball a lot at crucial times

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Blah blah blah

Talk is cheap.

Get on with the footy and show us what you fot.
Hard to "get on with the footy" in summer. Good professionals still fulfill their media commitments though. Stop your whingeing haha :P

I don't get the whole "they talk to the media too much" criticism

Status
Not open for further replies.