Canterbury Bulldogs set out preseason plans: to unleash the Dogs of war

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Elliot kicked goals in his younger days starting lock and goal kicker ?????
Really???

Have you seen him kick goals?? Shocking!

Needs to be a back.(from 1-7)
Or an 80 min forward imao

Elliot is not the answer.
I personally don’t think he is fg material either

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
In order for him to get his hands on the ball more I believe he needs to learn to catch it first and hold onto it second
Just saying
Mr run it up with gusto and trip and fall before a hand laid on him!

Pathetic. I did mention I am not a fan ...

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
W

we must have been watching different bulldogs games
He had one good game against Canberra and the rest were mediocre at best
he suffers from tryharditis, once he relaxes abit and get more comfortable i hope he will improve.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My take is Pay wants us having some decent line-speed, get up quick and put some aggression back into our total game, create errors and make sure the opposition wake up feeling sore the next day.

Parramatta were the kings of this last year, their forwards ran it off the back fence and they were super-aggressive. I think it was a huge part in how they performed.
Why don't we just stick to the plan Des had last year - just hold your line & let the opponents come to you!

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why don't we just stick to the plan Des had last year - just hold your line & let the opponents come to you!
The Raiders did last last year.... Pay was defensive coach.... who knows how we will play tbh

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Come on mate, its a new coach with a newplan and a proud history of playing for the dogs. Throw in some new marquee signings and the fact that most bulldogs players were fed up with the old regime and playing style, im fucking stoked to be hearing all this good news. Why are you not enjoying this???? Would you prefer to hear nothing until kick off? I mean really? It is filling most of us fans with hope for next year, and bringing us back together. It gives us all something positive to talk about, as apposed to constantly talking about how much we hate des and how much he fucked our club.
The kennel is sure as hell a more enjoyable place to come. Enjoy it. Dont criticise it.
I'm not "not enjoying" the fact there is a new coach, new signings etc. I am the most positive i've been for a few years. I even started using my old Bulldogs mug again, and am proud to be wearing my new polo as much as I can.

But these weekly articles are adding nothing, just the same tired cliches, like "new culture" and the "dogs of war mentality etc". I'm happy to read an article about something new about the Club I didn't know before, but yes, I know that hey have got the last 5 captains together, I know there are some shiny new posters at Belmore, I know Lichaa can now run the ball or whatever, I know Pay used to play for the Dogs, and Iknow that things were stale under Des...

You'll find that, in general, i'm one of the more positive posters on the Kennel. I did laugh at your line "don't criticise it". I'm not criticising the team, or the coach, just the fact that nothing new is being added. And, TBH, if I wanted to be critical of someone/something, I will thank you. You were probably fortunate to miss the days around 2015 where TK went from people getting angry/upset with others who were negative/critical, to where people who were critical/angry etc were equally angry back at people who told them to calm down. It was funny in a way, but also not a pleasant time here...

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Really???

Have you seen him kick goals?? Shocking!

Needs to be a back.(from 1-7)
Or an 80 min forward imao

Elliot is not the answer.
I personally don’t think he is fg material either
Eliott was a strange one. He played one super awesome game, gets picks for City/Country and is being touted as the next Josh Jackson...

Then.................................

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm not "not enjoying" the fact there is a new coach, new signings etc. I am the most positive i've been for a few years. I even started using my old Bulldogs mug again, and am proud to be wearing my new polo as much as I can.

But these weekly articles are adding nothing, just the same tired cliches, like "new culture" and the "dogs of war mentality etc". I'm happy to read an article about something new about the Club I didn't know before, but yes, I know that hey have got the last 5 captains together, I know there are some shiny new posters at Belmore, I know Lichaa can now run the ball or whatever, I know Pay used to play for the Dogs, and Iknow that things were stale under Des...

You'll find that, in general, i'm one of the more positive posters on the Kennel. I did laugh at your line "don't criticise it". I'm not criticising the team, or the coach, just the fact that nothing new is being added. And, TBH, if I wanted to be critical of someone/something, I will thank you. You were probably fortunate to miss the days around 2015 where TK went from people getting angry/upset with others who were negative/critical, to where people who were critical/angry etc were equally angry back at people who told them to calm down. It was funny in a way, but also not a pleasant time here...
If you don’t like the articles then don’t read them.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If you don’t like the articles then don’t read them.
Well, thank you for bringing out another cliche... "if you don't like it". One could tell you to not read my comments if you don't like them.

But seriously, I like reading articles, but when I do, I want to learn something new, especially in the off-season where there is no actually footy to report on. If reading the same stuff over and over gets you excited, good for you.

When did the Kennel become so sensitive/defensive again?

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well, thank you for bringing out another cliche... "if you don't like it". One could tell you to not read my comments if you don't like them.

But seriously, I like reading articles, but when I do, I want to learn something new, especially in the off-season where there is no actually footy to report on. If reading the same stuff over and over gets you excited, good for you.

When did the Kennel become so sensitive/defensive again?
I don’t mind your comments. I just think it’s silly that you are wasting your time and energy being negative about news that is necessary for both the Bulldogs and the NRL.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t mind your comments. I just think it’s silly that you are wasting your time and energy being negative about news that is necessary for both the Bulldogs and the NRL.
It's Friday and I CBF working. Isn't that the main reason why people post on internet forums?

And to make it clear one final time for those who aren't picking up on it: I'M NOT BEING NEGATIVE ABOUT THE NEWS, I JUST WANT TO HEAR SOMETHING EFFING NEW.

Now that that is out of my system, I will leave this thread to those who clearly enjoy this sort of thing. Good day to all. I'm off to find one of Wahesh's threads in the lounge to mock...

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's Friday and I CBF working. Isn't that the main reason why people post on internet forums?

And to make it clear one final time for those who aren't picking up on it: I'M NOT BEING NEGATIVE ABOUT THE NEWS, I JUST WANT TO HEAR SOMETHING EFFING NEW.

Now that that is out of my system, I will leave this thread to those who clearly enjoy this sort of thing. Good day to all. I'm off to find one of Wahesh's threads in the lounge to mock...
If you want something new go to the bulldogs website, they upload everyday............

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Im not having a go at you mate. Im just saying. There is a buz around the club at the moment, and the media are latching onto it. Yeah sure a lot of this stuff we already know, but who cares? Its positive news about the bulldogs, which is surely better then all the shit the nedia likes to throw at us.
The club is happy to do these stories with the media because they know their reputation and their brand has suffered, and they are trying to get us all back onboard. I for one am enjoying this. And even if its an old story with a new label im still happy. Its bulldogs news, and its good news. Just enjoy the ride until the new season begins.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Eliott was a strange one. He played one super awesome game, gets picks for City/Country and is being touted as the next Josh Jackson...

Then.................................
I think people are being a bit too harsh with Elliott. He's just finished his first full season in FG, playing in a highly structured environment. He has shown he has skills, but been pretty inconsistent in execution. At 23 I think he is just starting to get into his rhythm and he does look bigger than he was at this time last year which will help him break more tackles. I can see him being every bit as good as JJ and Finucane and he has 10 years ahead of him.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Im not having a go at you mate. Im just saying. There is a buz around the club at the moment, and the media are latching onto it. Yeah sure a lot of this stuff we already know, but who cares? Its positive news about the bulldogs, which is surely better then all the shit the nedia likes to throw at us.
The club is happy to do these stories with the media because they know their reputation and their brand has suffered, and they are trying to get us all back onboard. I for one am enjoying this. And even if its an old story with a new label im still happy. Its bulldogs news, and its good news. Just enjoy the ride until the new season begins.
Ok, I will be less of a grouch, especially since you seem so happy (and I really mean that) :grinning:

Go Dogs.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think people are being a bit too harsh with Elliott. He's just finished his first full season in FG, playing in a highly structured environment. He has shown he has skills, but been pretty inconsistent in execution. At 23 I think he is just starting to get into his rhythm and he does look bigger than he was at this time last year which will help him break more tackles. I can see him being every bit as good as JJ and Finucane and he has 10 years ahead of him.
True.

But I did just have a chuckle thinking back to when Vossy almost had a heart attack over him :grinning:

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
haha. I know we think we do but pretty sure we don't. A couple on here have played grade but most of us are FG dreamers. I learned a long time ago in my industry that what people see and what people know are not even close to being the same thing and footy would be even more so given the constant explosive nature of it. I could never defend the tactics that Des used in the last few years but that doesn't mean he didn't pick generally the best players that were available to him at the time he picked them. Even TRex. Pay will pick the best players in the positions he wants them I have no doubt. The big question will be if they play as a team the way he wants them to
I'm not going to go to far with this because I'm very stubborn about it... I just hope Pay knows what he is doing and doesn't muck this up considering all we really need is a FB and our team is sorted. For ne Mbye should also stay in the halves on the right and let Foran play on the left with the Morris boys.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
best thing I've heard is that they are doing lots of catching and passing practice. If Elliot can hang on to the ball he'll be a decent attacking weapon. But mostly he needs to learn how to tackle properly so hopefully Pay can sort that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.