Canterbury Bulldogs set out preseason plans: to unleash the Dogs of war

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So Tolman on the bench? Who the fk kicks the goals if no Martin?

Unless Mbye has been practicing?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Wow..... from what i gather. He will either start lock or come off the bench to replace the lock...

Where is gotenks for his analysis hahahaha
Hey i said he would move to the middle! especially after @Oatley Dog said he had bulked up. Guess it's a matter of him starting or playing off the bench like you said.

jamma01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think either martin or Nu Brown will start as we need a kicker 100 % , if Brown starts next to Foran , then you could carry Cleeland or Woolford on the bench for cover who by all reports has carved up pre season ,

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I hate Elliot with a passion and i don't believe he is a 2nd rower and not upto FG standard either....

But....

I will sit back and give him an opportunity to prove me wrong if he gets a shot there. Its a whole new ball game with a new coach and new game plan.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Elliott has feet for hands but like most here I’ll give him a clean slate especially if he’s playing in the middle as he’s a solid enough defender that apparently has a pass and short kicking game

Seriously though it means RFM or Martin gets to start on one edge and I hope it’s Martin and RFM provides the impact from the bench albeit good minutes and not the garbage time Des gave him

It’s a 17 man game these days!

I’m worried about depth though for inevitable injuries or suspension and Origin.....we don’t have seasoned players waiting in the wings unless Chase is still around

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
would be happy if mbye kicked 50% every week as long as it was from 4 conversion attempts
Maybe the problem for Mbye has been trying to be the playmaker, run the team and kick goals all at once. Perhaps going out the back will take a bit of the pressure off him and he will kick OK. Just a thought.....

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hey i said he would move to the middle! especially after @Oatley Dog said he had bulked up. Guess it's a matter of him starting or playing off the bench like you said.
Adds that ball playing ability to the lock position that you mentioned earlier

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Great chat from Elliott. He improved massively in 2017 and deserves a starting spot imo. Looks like it’ll be...

11. Jackson
12. RFM
13. Elliott

That’s a pretty aggressive back row and if they can all lift for one another then we’ll see the best in all of them.

BRING ON 2018!!
Makes recruitment pretty easy for 2019 then. Papalii has to be a primary target.
8. Woods
9. Lichaa
10. Klemmer
11. Jackson
12. Papalii
13. Elliot

14. Martin / Utility ?
15. Mariner
16. Fualalo
17. Taulau

would be a very strong and versatile pack.

Last edited:

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe the problem for Mbye has been trying to be the playmaker, run the team and kick goals all at once. Perhaps going out the back will take a bit of the pressure off him and he will kick OK. Just a thought.....
just ment im not worried about the goal kicking as long as the attack improves as last season was horrible

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Adds that ball playing ability to the lock position that you mentioned earlier
Yup. Rather him there than on an edge. I guess our pack will look like this using the bits and pieces in the media..

8. Woods
9. Lichaa
10. Klemmer
11. RFM
12. Jackson
13. Elliott/Tolman

14. ??????
15. Tolman/Elliott
16. Fualalo
17. Tualau

That's probably one of the most balanced packs we could put together. Guess the final spot depends on if Pay wants a utility or an extra forward. Probably don't need an extra forward as Elliott can cover the edge if required so a utility that can cover the halves and backs is probably best with HIA's becoming so common.

Gubanaculum

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Elliot kicked goals in his younger days starting lock and goal kicker ?????

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yup. Rather him there than on an edge. I guess our pack will look like this using the bits and pieces in the media..

8. Woods
9. Lichaa
10. Klemmer
11. RFM
12. Jackson
13. Elliott/Tolman

14. ??????
15. Tolman/Elliott
16. Fualalo
17. Tualau

That's probably one of the most balanced packs we could put together. Guess the final spot depends on if Pay wants a utility or an extra forward. Probably don't need an extra forward as Elliott can cover the edge if required so a utility that can cover the halves and backs is probably best with HIA's becoming so common.
Dont mind the look of that.. if Eastwood is still here, dare say he will be the 14

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Elliot would be a suitable choice at Lock he has a little variation and will go all day. He did run some nice lines at first when he came in to the 2nd row but he probably needs more experience to play there defensively. Leaving Jacko one one edge is probably best. So the big question now is if Elliot is Lock, who is the other 2nd rower to partner Jacko?

Last edited:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Everyones forgetting young D'Rhys Miller who will seriously push for a place in the 17 this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.