Bulldogs may yet re-sign veteran duo Brett and Josh Morris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it would be good to have them around they are solid and can teach the young guys a few things.
They are also out performing the rest of the backline quite easily.
If this year is anything to go by then they have a good year or 2 left in them of good footy.
As long as they are obviously willing to take some sort of pay cut then I am all for resigning them, there defence especially is still rock solid which is what we need considering we can't score points.
There defence outwide has kept us in alot of games this year

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Does that really sound right Uce?

I'm not insulting dogwhisper, but with this, his info is wrong.
Nothing against Dogna88. We’ve already sorted it out through PM messaging. I know the story buddy, relax.

I’m afraid you do not understand that some third party payments are not included in the cap.

When I say the “bulldogs” or “we” I don’t mean any external payments made towards a player and in this instance it’s Mbye. If there has been a third party payment made to Mbye which is clearly not part of the cap then effectively Mbye’s release has resulted in $0 contributed by our cap money. This I can guarantee. And this is what I’m talking about.

But it’s ok. Everybody has a right to believe in what ever they want. I really couldn’t give a rats to be honest. I’ve been a voting member of the football club for a very long time. I have many friends within the club and really enjoy their company. In future, I’ll keep my sourced information to myself, and just sit back and have a laugh at all the bullshit talk.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Nothing against Dogna88. We’ve already sorted it out through PM messaging. I know the story buddy, relax.

I’m afraid you do not understand that some third party payments are not included in the cap.

When I say the “bulldogs” or “we” I don’t mean any external payments made towards a player and in this instance it’s Mbye. If there has been a third party payment made to Mbye which is clearly not part of the cap then effectively Mbye’s release has resulted in $0 contributed by our cap money. This I can guarantee. And this is what I’m talking about.

But it’s ok. Everybody has a right to believe in what ever they want. I really couldn’t give a rats to be honest. I’ve been a voting member of the football club for a very long time. I have many friends within the club and really enjoy their company. In future, I’ll keep my sourced information to myself, and just sit back and have a laugh at all the bullshit talk.
At the end of the day I really don't give a fuck, the lazy prick is gone and me can move on rebuilding what the 3 spooges destroyed.

Keep your sourced info to yourself, like most of us do (or confine them to PM's). You're not the only long time member who has contacts. All good.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
At the end of the day I really don't give a fuck, the lazy prick is gone and me can move on rebuilding what the 3 spooges destroyed.

Keep your sourced info to yourself, like most of us do (or confine them to PM's). You're not the only long time member who has contacts. All good.
I do keep valuable sourced information to myself. And I do realize there are others who have contacts. Do you think I’m stupid? But when someone comes out publicly and says the club forked out $250k from our cap to pay part of Mbye’s salary which is clearly wrong and agenda driven and makes our club look like a basket case. Just because some don’t like the coach, the new board or new administration, it doesn’t give them the right to spread bullshit. Fans need to know the truth and not some bullshit second hand information.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I do keep valuable sourced information to myself. And I do realize there are others who have contacts. Do you think I’m stupid? But when someone comes out publicly and says the club forked out $250k from our cap to pay part of Mbye’s salary which is clearly wrong and agenda driven and makes our club look like a basket case. Just because some don’t like the coach, the new board or new administration, it doesn’t give them the right to spread bullshit. Fans need to know the truth and not some bullshit second hand information.
They don't give a fuck about fans bro, we are just wallets to them.

And I'm with you 100% with the agendas.

PS I don't expect our board to tell us the truth IF it doesn't effect us. It is way too early to blame the 3 spooges bullshit on Pay and the board.

Last edited:

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They don't give a fuck about fans bro, were are just wallets to them.

And I'm with you 100% with the agendas.

PS I don't expect our board to tell us the truth IF it doesn't effect us. It is way too early to blame the 3 spooges bullshit on Pay and the board.
Correct Bro

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I think this is a good idea. Morris brothers are still the best defensive combo in the NRL, and if we can channel some of that elsewhere we are in good hands.

If we retain them I'd expect to see:
1. Hoppa
2. BMoz
3. JMoz
4. Olive
5. Crichton / Holland (Montoya and Holland)

Was speaking to a big Panthers fan today and he reckons Crichton is better than Mansour. I asked why and he said Crichton is faster and more reliable. Mansour becomming too injury prone. He reckons he'll go good for us.

aymz maz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Give them 1 more year, let them know when resigning that this would be there last year with us, let them play without any distractions on and off the field with all the salary cap Dramas. They’ll kill it.

brockodore

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ok, comprehension lesson 101. Read the article.

Another thing, the article also say we are freeing up $800k which is what he’s on. It’s didn’t say we are freeing up $650k or $700k, it said $800k.
But his contract is backended and has a ratchet clause so Wouldn't he be on more than $800,000 next year ? That means we would be paying something for next year at least.

too69u

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ok, comprehension lesson 101. Read the article.
Obviously the tigers think he’s a $1m a year player. If they are paying him $1m for 2021 and 2022 from their own cap what makes you think they are not paying him $1m for 2019 and 2020. Obviously they think he’s worth it and see him as their long term fullback.

Another thing, the article also say we are freeing up $800k which is what he’s on. It’s didn’t say we are freeing up $650k or $700k, it said $800k.

He asked for a release. There was no tap on the shoulder or shopping him around. Now I’m not basing my fact on the article itself, but my sources are way beyond where your getting your info from, especially if you say things like “yeh it’s pretty much around there.” Now that’s what you call laughable mate!

People that come on this page and start posting things as fact when it’s only second hand information that they may get from a friend who knows someone at the club, or a trainer, or someone on the coaching staff, or a friend of a friend is mind blowing. Even if it’s from Andrew Hill himself. If you have no direct connection to any directors then just keep quite.
For someone that's so well connected as you say,you really are trying to sell something at all cost.You talk about hearing it straight from the horses mouth.Which horse exactly?

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
For someone that's so well connected as you say,you really are trying to sell something at all cost.You talk about hearing it straight from the horses mouth.Which horse exactly?
Phar Lap

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
You talk about hearing it straight from the horses mouth.Which horse exactly?
A horse once told me the dogs would get a rockstar fullback and 2 grandfinals by 2019.
We are stuck with nickleback and the bottom of the ladder i fucking hate horses.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reckon they might take a pay cut. Without them our backline is Fucked. Both players might be old but they are still guns. Obviously wanna play on at dogs till they retire cause they gave up on all rep footy.
Definite pay cut. I'd say a 1 year contract $300-350k each. Their experience will benefit the new guys signed and have had a fairly good year so far so they are a good investment.
Brett can go back to fullback and Crichton take his spot on the wing.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Whats the point, we can't spread the ball under pressure and spend the set banging the ball up the middle.
Should we release them, save Olive and buy back Rona?

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was probably Mr Ed lol
What a joke some people are on this forum,must be still in primary school.
Asking you to just name you friend straight out
Unbelievable
P.s think I have a source,my neighbor is on the board
Does that count lol

Status
Not open for further replies.