Bulldogs may yet re-sign veteran duo Brett and Josh Morris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
JOSH and Brett Morris’s Dog days may not be over just yet.

The Sunday Telegraph can reveal the Bulldogs have put both twin speedsters back on their recruitment and retention list following Moses Mbye’s decision to quit the club at the end of the year, or possibly sooner.

In what would be a major win for fans after club favourites James Graham’s and Josh Reynolds’s exits at the end of last season, Josh and Brett may end up finishing their stellar careers in the blue and white.

Could the club retain the popular twins?
The pair appeared certain to leave the club at the end of the year after the Bulldogs ruled out offering the former Kangaroo’s new deals because of NRL salary cap restraints.

But the departure of Mbye will free up an estimate $800,000 next year under the salary cap.

Mbye was last week granted a release from his Bulldogs’ deal to join the Tigers at the end of the year after being offered a reported $4 million deal.

“Today I would like to confirm that Moses Mbye has sought a release from his current contract which the club has granted,” Bulldogs CEO Andrew Hill said.

“I’d like to take this opportunity to thank Moses for his time with the Bulldogs and his contribution to the club on and off the field.

“Even though he will be taking up an offer to join the Wests Tigers for season 2019, I know that he is committed to putting all his energies into the Bulldogs for the rest of this season and finishing strongly with the club.”

Aaron Woods could be the next high-profile player to leave the Bulldogs despite being in his first year at Belmore.

The forward has attracted interest from at least four rival NRL clubs.

Mbye’s departure has opened things up for Canterbury.
Cronulla have been touted as frontrunners to sign the former NSW State of Origin prop, ahead of the Roosters, with the Sharks understood to be considering making a play to snare Woods for the remainder of this year.

“He is a good player that we may be interested in,’’ Cronulla coach Shane Flanagan said. “But we have not spoken to him, his manager or the Bulldogs. It is just speculation right now.’’

The Warriors and the Knights have also expressed interest in recruiting Woods.

Despite facing severe salary cap restraints next year, the Bulldogs have signed Panthers flyer Christian Crichton and up-and-coming Newcastle No. 7 Jack Cogger for season 2019.

The Bulldogs are also expected to confirm the signing of Newcastle fullback Nick Meaney next week.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
So it looks like our backline next season will look like this:

1. Meaney
2. Bmoz
3. Jmoz
4. Olive/Hopoate
5. Crichton/Montoya

I really hope we find a way to get Hopoate off the books and drop Montoya to ISP.
Olive has to be in and Montoya out.
Maybe put hops on the wing with olive in centre.

Last edited:

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Unless they come much cheaper, it's time for them to be let go.

Brett Morris in particular has been in retirement the last 4 years as far as I'm concerned. I'd probably have more respect for him if he stayed for dirt cheap to repay the club.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
LOL to all those thinking we’re paying some freight to let go of Mbye.
Read what the article says, firstly he sought a release, secondly were freeing up $800k which is what he was approx on per year with us. And thirdly, his deal with the tigers is $4m for four years.

But NO, I get shot down straight away for giving some concrete info. Last time I will give good info like that. I’ll just keep it to myself next time.

Also, I love how people buy into second hand info and totally disregard info straight from the horses mouth

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Unless they come much cheaper, it's time for them to be let go.

Brett Morris in particular has been in retirement the last 4 years as far as I'm concerned. I'd probably have more respect for him if he stayed for dirt cheap to repay the club.
They are both willing to take a pay cut to stay.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Read what the article says, firstly he sought a release, secondly were freeing up $800k which is what he was approx on per year with us. And thirdly, his deal with the tigers is $4m for four years.

But NO, I get shot down straight away for giving some concrete info. Last time I will give good info like that. I’ll just keep it to myself next time.
Sorry bro but what are you talking about?
What info?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
WHAT FORRRRR!!!! Bring in the kids!!! Prolonging this era WILL NOT HELP US!!!

Jmoz just got injured for 2 months and his brother has played a total of 1 yr in 3 yrs at the club... WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY!!!

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sorry bro but what are you talking about?
What info?
All week I’ve been saying that we’re are not paying part of Mbye’s contract with tigers next year. But I got shot down.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Josh's best years are long gone. Brett would be worth re-signing for a year at most.

If they're re-signed because there's quality backs coming off contract in 2020 which we might sign then ok, but if the club is only delaying things for a year and the same players like Crichton and Olive are coming in then just put the new players in 2019 and give them more experience.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
All week I’ve been saying that we’re are not paying part of Mbye’s contract with tigers next year. But I got shot down.
Really?
So the tigers took Mbye off our hands and we don’t pay nothing.
That’s excellent news, but how do you know?

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Josh's best years are long gone. Brett would be worth re-signing for a year at most.

If they're re-signed because there's quality backs coming off contract in 2020 which we might sign then ok, but if the club is only delaying things for a year and the same players like Crichton and Olive are coming in then just put the new players in 2019 and give them more experience.
I think it would be good to have them around they are solid and can teach the young guys a few things.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Really?
So the tigers took Mbye off our hands and we don’t pay nothing.
That’s excellent news, but how do you know?
I just know. I can’t post on public forum my source. Plus, I wouldn’t be stupid to post anything on here if I knew it wasn’t 100% true. I wouldn’t hang myself out to dry like that champ! But I must admit, the kennel is truly entertaining with all the smart coaches on here. The old BDP was the best, pity they shut it down.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I just know. I can’t post on public forum my source. Plus, I wouldn’t be stupid to post anything on here if I knew it wasn’t 100% true. I wouldn’t hang myself out to dry like that champ! But I must admit, the kennel is truly entertaining with all the smart coaches on here. The old BDP was the best, pity they shut it down.
All good and I really hope it’s true.
Any other rumour you heard lately?

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Also, I love how people buy into second hand info and totally disregard info straight from the horses mouth
Calm down mate. You cant expect people to believe everything you say, it just doesnt work like that. Have you proven to the mods that your inside info is legit?? This will give you more credibility. Until then everyone just thinks your like all the rest with the inside scoop.

Status
Not open for further replies.