News Bulldogs confirm top 30 squad for 2021

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There are some surprising decisions in that squad.. With more player movement coming, hopefully we get more clarity soon.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah what the hell... did these guys have this written into their contract? I wouldn’t say they were the 3 standouts last year with the most potential..
Harding spent most of 2018 playing Sydney Shield ie couldnt make the flegg side consistently, Roumanos was a bench nsw cup player - may be left over from the Mcdonnel recruitment - long term contracts.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Topine still young and still growing. doubt he's ready. Not sure why Schoup isnt at least in development.
Yeh I agree. We bring these guys in. They have performed well coming through. Would be disheartening not even getting a look in for a development spot.

Even BBO. kid was well and truely dicked. After Covid he went back home. Had to play for the local team to get some game time in and we seem to have neglected him. He trained himself into condition. And now (don’t even know if he is coming back for preseason or what) but doesn’t make a development squad after doing well in the 9s and trials.

Just hope he isn’t lost to the club. Shame to have him here and to lose him to another club, even if he isn’t a origin player in waiting. Good to get them in and try to get them to the nrl.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Development squad is a head scratcher.

I’m expecting changes over the pre season. I agree with the bullshit final year on contract in the top 30 suggestion. Those players never seem to last the season anyway.

Whoever asked about Wyatt, he’s left and gone back to Sunshine Coast Falcons.

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
Development squad is a head scratcher.

I’m expecting changes over the pre season. I agree with the bullshit final year on contract in the top 30 suggestion. Those players never seem to last the season anyway.

Whoever asked about Wyatt, he’s left and gone back to Sunshine Coast Falcons.
Fuck sake

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
No idea why we'd promote Roumanos, T. Katoa and Harding. If we wanted to promote within there were plenty of other players who should of been done so beforehand (Doorey, Topine and Schoupp to name a few). I'm not impressed. Burton and a top hooker for me to be any optimistic at all for next year. Even with that this decision is a head scratcher, basically wasting top 30 spots. I hope I'm wrong (and to be fair I don't know anything about those three I've named that've been promoted, but that's the issue) but that's what it looks like from the outside.
Iv seen them play a lot - Roumanos has been nothing but a plodder, Harding is quick. looks good in space but when he gets tackled he gets absolutely smashed unless he has significantly built some muscle he will be the skinniest player in the nrl!
Katoa is reasonable back up

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Good to see topine atleast in development. Surely schoupp can make his way in? Doorey should be elevate and him and burton hopefully in the top 30 by round 1

Artybulldog 26

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
Reaction score
I'll post positions to help us a little. Bold = Primary position, Normal = Can play if needed

Fullbacks:
Dallin Watene-Zeleznik
Jake Averillo
Nick Meaney

Will Hopoate

Wingers:
Christian Crichton
Dallin Watene-Zeleznik
Jayden Okunbor

Nick Cotric
Nick Meaney
Reimis Smith
Tui Katoa
Tyrone Harding

Centre:

Jake Averillo
Nick Cotric
Reimis Smith
Will Hopoate

Halves:
Brandon Wakeham

Jake Averillo
Kyle Flanagan
Lachlan Lewis

Prop:

Dean Britt
Dylan Napa
Jack Hetherington
James Romanous
Luke Thompson
Ofahiki Ogden

Raymond Faitala-Mariner
Renouf Atoni

Hooker:
Jeremy Marshall-King
Sione Katoa

Brandon Wakeham

Backrow:
Adam Elliott
Chris Smith
Corey Waddell
Dean Britt
Joe Stimson
Josh Jackson
Raymond Faitala-Mariner

Renouf Atoni
Matt Doorey
Jackson Topine
Chris Patolo

Lock:
Adam Elliott
Chris Smith

Josh Jackson
Raymond Faitala-Mariner

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good to see topine atleast in development. Surely schoupp can make his way in? Doorey should be elevate and him and burton hopefully in the top 30 by round 1
Pleases they have given Chris Patolo a contract - underrated throughout juniors does a lot of good work.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'll post positions to help us a little. Bold = Primary position, Normal = Can play if needed

Fullbacks:
Dallin Watene-Zeleznik
Jake Averillo
Nick Meaney

Will Hopoate

Wingers:
Christian Crichton
Dallin Watene-Zeleznik
Jayden Okunbor

Nick Cotric
Nick Meaney
Reimis Smith
Tui Katoa
Tyrone Harding

Centre:

Jake Averillo
Nick Cotric
Reimis Smith
Will Hopoate

Halves:
Brandon Wakeham

Jake Averillo
Kyle Flanagan
Lachlan Lewis

Prop:

Dean Britt
Dylan Napa
Jack Hetherington
James Romanous
Luke Thompson
Ofahiki Ogden

Raymond Faitala-Mariner
Renouf Atoni

Hooker:
Jeremy Marshall-King
Sione Katoa

Brandon Wakeham

Backrow:
Adam Elliott
Chris Smith
Corey Waddell
Dean Britt
Joe Stimson
Josh Jackson
Raymond Faitala-Mariner

Renouf Atoni
Matt Doorey
Jackson Topine
Chris Patolo

Lock:
Adam Elliott
Chris Smith

Josh Jackson
Raymond Faitala-Mariner
Subjective, but I think Averillo's best position is five-eighth, not sure if it's his preferred or not, I'd assume so.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
We need to keep in mind that one of the advantages (the main advantage) of having Mounties for CC is that they are “paying” the players that are not contracted to us. This is similar to how Melbourne operates with their QC feeder clubs and has given them a long term advantage. There is no reason why it can’t operate the same for us.

Go Dogs

Reactions: ATT

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
We need to keep in mind that one of the advantages (the main advantage) of having Mounties for CC is that they are “paying” the players that are not contracted to us. This is similar to how Melbourne operates with their QC feeder clubs and has given them a long term advantage. There is no reason why it can’t operate the same for us.

Go Dogs
they all work the same mate, same as wenty and parra

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
Paul Karaitiana could try at hooker dont see why not his been playing in the halves im glad his in still see what his got

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Go Dogs
That doesn’t mean much because if they aren’t contracted to the Dogs we can’t play them. All those players in Q Cup for the Storm are contracted to Storm.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I read recently that Doorey will most likely be included in the top 30 in due course. With Barrett only coming on board from this week he wants to assess his development as he doesn’t know enough about him as yet and the fact that Doorey wants to stay with the club long term. He’s been taken along slowly and was blooded into first grade of this past season with promising results, especially in attack. Was shown up a bit in defence but that comes with more first grade experience.