News Bulldogs confirm top 30 squad for 2021

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I read recently that Doorey will most likely be included in the top 30 in due course. With Barrett only coming on board from this week he wants to assess his development as he doesn’t know enough about him as yet and the fact that Doorey wants to stay with the club long term. He’s been taken along slowly and was blooded into first grade of this past season with promising results, especially in attack. Was shown up a bit in defence but that comes with more first grade experience.
Doorey looked very promising. He was injured toward the end of last season, Does anyone have any info about the injury/recovery or Okunbor’s recovery?

Last edited:

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Will be interesting to see which players make the extended training squad (Biondi-Odo, Schoupp etc).

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Theres another prop coming soon, unsure if someone drop off or this new person becomes player 29

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Assuming we have a million left to spend for 2021, not including Burton.Who would you target to fill the last 2 spots in our top 30.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Assuming we have a million left to spend for 2021, not including Burton.Who would you target to fill the last 2 spots in our top 30.
A hooker, so we need to wait to find out the Storm situation (Grant/B. Smith). That's the main area in our team that needs to be upgraded and will give us the biggest results/impact next year. It can also be another hooker (they have to be around the Grant/B. Smith level), otherwise just buy JAC since he's the best player "available". We're going to have competition for all of them which is the problem.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A hooker, so we need to wait to find out the Storm situation (Grant/B. Smith). That's the main area in our team that needs to be upgraded and will give us the biggest results/impact next year. It can also be another hooker (they have to be around the Grant/B. Smith level), otherwise just buy JAC since he's the best player "available". We're going to have competition for all of them which is the problem.
I agree totally with BSmith, And the issue of competition for upcoming players. The Roosters have about as many off contract in 2021 as we do. I worry that our salary cap may not be able to compete with the Rorsters salary sombrero

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I agree totally with BSmith, And the issue of competition for upcoming players. The Roosters have about as many off contract in 2021 as we do. I worry that our salary cap may not be able to compete with the Rorsters salary sombrero
Roosters for e.g. will make us pay absolute premium for someone like Staggs. I think they're going to be after a centre for 2022. Staggs and Crichton are the best two.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roosters for e.g. will make us pay absolute premium for someone like Staggs. I think they're going to be after a centre for 2022. Staggs and Crichton are the best two.
Agree, unless we are on fire next year, we'll have to offer at least $100K above the Rorters to even have a shot at landing one of them. Thats why we need to focus on developing our own juniors. Hopefully Alamoti comes good and is ready by 2023

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Theres another prop coming soon, unsure if someone drop off or this new person becomes player 29
Surely Barrett will see our Top 30 so far is very backrow heavy.... releasing someone like a Britt, Roumanos, Stimpson etc would be on his agenda

I agree.... another prop, centre is needed along with Burton to round it out would be what’s required. If we have to wait till 2022 to nail the decent No.9, then so be it

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m guessing Baz is persisting with JMK at hooker and back’s himself to coach him into a proper 9 unless he’s turning Wakeham into a 9 or is giving Katoa first crack?

The last two spot obviously has Burton and JAC names on it
Wakehams name hasnt even been mentioned in any media interviews to date. In contrast Lewis has publicly said that Barrett contacted him as soon as his appointment was confirmed to speak about areas of his game he can help with and work on when he gets to the dogs. Apparently he contacted the players in his plans for 2021...dont see Wakeham playing FG in 2021 unless to cover for injuries.

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Wakehams name hasnt even been mentioned in any media interviews to date. He's has spoken to Lewis about areas of his game he can help with and work on...dont see Wakeham playing FG in 2021 unless to cover for injuries.
Baz literally mentioned Wakeham in his last interview and hasn't said shit about the toxic piece of shit.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Wakehams name hasnt even been mentioned in any media interviews to date. In const Lewis has publicly said that Barrett contacted him as soon as his appointment was confirmed to speak about areas of his game he can help with and work on when he gets to the dogs...dont see Wakeham playing FG in 2021 unless to cover for injuries.
Barrett mentioned Wakeham as a potential option for hooker in his latest interview. Barrett still said hooker was a massive weakness in our team (paraphrased).

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Barrett mentioned Wakeham as a potential option for hooker in his latest interview. Barrett still said hooker was a massive weakness in our team.
Ok i wasnt aware of that. Thanks for claryfying. If i am interpreting that correctly i would think that he doesnt see him as a halves option at all moving forward.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok i wasnt aware of that. Thanks for claryfying. If i am interpreting that correctly i would think that he doesnt see him as a halves option at all moving forward.
Yeah it's clear from all the interviews Baz has done that Flanno will be 7 and Burton will be 6 (if we get him) - they will be our long term halves. Avo will be given a shot at FB and Wakeham will be given a shot at 9 - it's then up to them whether they can lock down those positions. IMO I think Avo will be a gun FB but it's 50-50 whether Wakeham will work at 9.

If we don't get Burton then who knows who will play 6. I doubt it will be Lewis or Wakeham because they dont have running games

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Scrub Reimis from the list..........who to sign?