News Bulldogs confirm top 30 squad for 2021

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs can provide the following update on the club's official NRL squad for the upcoming 2021 season.
Under the terms of the CBA between the NRL and RLPA, each club is required to have the contracts of a minimum of 24 players registered by November 1.
Twenty-nine players must be contracted by the start of next March, with the final roster spot to be filled by June 30 next year.

The current NRL contracted squad stands at 28 players following the release of Blake Green after an agreement was reached between the club and the Newcastle Knights that will see the five-eighth remain with the Knights in 2021.
Canterbury currently have two spots still available before the June 30 deadline.
The Bulldogs confirmed the signings of Nick Cotric, Kyle Flanagan, Corey Waddell and Jack Hetherington during the 2020 season as new faces to the club’s roster, while local junior Tui Katoa, James Roumanos and Tyrone Harding have been elevated from the club’s development squad in 2020 and rewarded with top 30 contracts.
Preparations for the 2021 season begin on November 16 under new coach Trent Barrett and his newly appointed football staff.

TOP 30:
Adam Elliott, Brandon Wakeham, Chris Smith, Christian Crichton, Corey Waddell, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Dean Britt, Dylan Napa, Jack Hetherington, Jake Averillo, James Roumanos, Jayden Okunbor, Jeremy Marshall-King, Joe Stimson, Josh Jackson, Kyle Flanagan, Lachlan Lewis, Luke Thompson, Nick Cotric, Nick Meaney, Ofahiki Ogden, Raymond Faitala-Mariner, Reimis Smith, Renouf Atoni, Sione Katoa, Tui Katoa, Tyrone Harding and Will Hopoate.

EDIT: they added the following after I posted this

DEVELOPMENT PLAYERS:

Matt Doorey, Paul Karaitiana, Jackson Topine, Kurt Picken and Chris Patolo

Last edited:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
No offense to Tui Katoa, James Roumanos and Tyrone Harding but they are a waste of roster spot and there's better juniors that should have been elevated before them. That is some terrible roster management.

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reckon they had to elevate them to add the other boys to development contracts eg. Topine, schouup, BBO but I don’t understand Doorey not being there maybe he has signed else where ?

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
WTF, Doorey, Schoup, Topine and BBO aren't in the top 30 but Kotoa, Roumanos and Harding are??????????????????????
Surely come round 1 the list will be updated
Fuck that's an awful squad....cant wait to see the 22 list

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Who is in the development squad?

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doorey was definitely one to keep.
Hope it’s a error him
Missing out

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
You have to wonder how the cap is being spent with that lot unless they have a fair bit reserved for the final 2 players.

Tui Katoa, James Roumanos and Tyrone Harding would all be on minimum wage.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
TBAZ will get this lot firing, and with flanno in we should build nicely.!!

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
No offense to Tui Katoa, James Roumanos and Tyrone Harding but they are a waste of roster spot and there's better juniors that should have been elevated before them. That is some terrible roster management.
its the same list i posted last thursday from the NRL. you can chop and change the list until March 29 from what i understand

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
its the same list i posted last thursday from the NRL. you can chop and change the list until March 29 from what i understand
If they have all signed deals as part of the top 30 you can't really change it without releasing players.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
If they have all signed deals as part of the top 30 you can't really change it without releasing players.
id say there are some development players in there surely , there is no way Doorey would not be in top30.