News Bulldogs confirm top 30 squad for 2021

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
No idea why we'd promote Roumanos, T. Katoa and Harding. If we wanted to promote within there were plenty of other players who should of been done so beforehand (Doorey, Topine and Schoupp to name a few). I'm not impressed. Burton and a top hooker for me to be any optimistic at all for next year. Even with that this decision is a head scratcher, basically wasting top 30 spots. I hope I'm wrong (and to be fair I don't know anything about those three I've named that've been promoted, but that's the issue) but that's what it looks like from the outside.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
id say there are some development players in there surely , there is no way Doorey would not be in top30.
It says that Tui Katoa, James Roumanos and Tyrone Harding have been elevated from development players to top 30 so I don't really see how they can change much now.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
It says that Tui Katoa, James Roumanos and Tyrone Harding have been elevated from development players to top 30 so I don't really see how they can change much now.
reading that again that is correct, is Harding the winger from Flegg last year? looks very promising

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If they have all signed deals as part of the top 30 you can't really change it without releasing players.
They automatically get more money (NRL top 30 minimum wage) when they're promoted. We'd have to release them (find them another club that'll put them in their top 30) to remove them from the top 30.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like they updated it to add this:

DEVELOPMENT PLAYERS:

Matt Doorey, Paul Karaitiana, Jackson Topine, Kurt Picken and Chris Patolo

(I'll edit the OP)

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
reading that again that is correct, is Harding the winger from Flegg last year? looks very promising
Yeah he's a winger but he is tiny he was playing more for Moorebank then Flegg in 2019. He has got some pace but that is about it.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Curious to see how Baz could have any say in the make up of the squad when he has openly stated he hasn’t seen a lot of them play due to no CCup?

Also, if there are only two spots left and with the so called war chest, we should be able to blow any rival offer out the water and nail our targets

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Where the fuck is devontai his 20 years old
BBO and wyatt also
BBO and Seumanutafa are the two that you'd think would come after Doorey, Topine and Schoupp. Three of those lot aren't even in our development squad.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’m guessing Baz is persisting with JMK at hooker and back’s himself to coach him into a proper 9 unless he’s turning Wakeham into a 9 or is giving Katoa first crack?

The last two spot obviously has Burton and JAC names on it

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hopefully there's some player movement over the pre season to free up a couple more spots.
Sign Burton, keep some cash for another quality player upgrade Doorey / Topine etc.
Tui Katoa, Harding and Roumanos may have had a top 30 contract for 2021 from the Pay days maybe?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The club has made a mess of the development contracts for years I wouldn't be surprised if there was some stupid clause put in the deals for the likes of Roumanos where they had to be in the top 30 in the final year of their deals.

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Topine still young and still growing. doubt he's ready. Not sure why Schoup isnt at least in development.