Bulldogs 2008/2009: Player Contracts, Signings & Rumours.

Votes: 2 100.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sonia

chonska
Reaction score
apperently in the other thread we signed that bronson goodwin winger from sharkies

sonia

chonska
Reaction score
no thats his borther bronx goodwin, sharkies have broyson goodwin

X

XxFoVoSxX

i want greg inglis lol...
highly unlikely but...
its alright to dream but..
he can cover... fullback, wing, centre and 5/8... awesome..
hahaha
damn... i shall keep dreaming =D

jacko

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
i think we should sign luke covell to replace hazem when he retires

MPS

I'm Old Gregg
Reaction score
Like?

Kaufusi is an Origin prop, and he is young, i'd take him in heartbeat, not overpriced, but out of all the props that are currently avaliable he is the best.
The fact that he is a rep player automatically pushes his price tag up. I don't think he is off contract until 2009.

As far as I know, here is a list of unsigned props for '08 that I would prefer:

Scott Logan
Chris Armit
Kane Cleal
Luke Douglas
Mark Bryant
Kevin Proctor
Jesse Royal
Frank Puletua
Kirk Reynoldson
Lopini Paea > (might have resigned)

The ones in italics are specials - would love to see them in the blue & white.

There are a heap coming off contract in '09 though. Wonder what our financial position will be this time next year. Wonder who will be made an offer.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The fact that he is a rep player automatically pushes his price tag up. I don't think he is off contract until 2009.

As far as I know, here is a list of unsigned props for '08 that I would prefer:

Scott Logan
Chris Armit
Kane Cleal
Luke Douglas
Mark Bryant
Kevin Proctor
Jesse Royal
Frank Puletua
Kirk Reynoldson
Lopini Paea > (might have resigned)

The ones in italics are specials - would love to see them in the blue & white.

There are a heap coming off contract in '09 though. Wonder what our financial position will be this time next year. Wonder who will be made an offer.
I know for a fact that Douglas and Paea aren't off contract anymore which is a shame as both have big futures IMO.

Kingi

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Luke Douglas??? throw him the money,, one of the best props in the NRL...i thnk he has already re-signed with the sharks

Lopini paea has re-signed, mickey paea his bro is still off-contract though

MPS

I'm Old Gregg
Reaction score
I know for a fact that Douglas and Paea aren't off contract anymore which is a shame as both have big futures IMO.
Spewing, Douglas would have been great.

In my list is a teenager called Kevin Proctor. If he hasn't extended his contract with the Storm, I implore the Dogs to get hold of him before he is the next big thing.

He was a school boy star, coming from Palm Beach-Currumbin High (same school as Ikin), has a hair style like mine & Sideshow Bob (so easily marketable ala Mason in the 'fro days). He is set for big things.

If Bellyache rates him, he has got the goods. Everyone may have seen him play against the Eels on Sunday. Think it was his firt grade debut.

Moore (Tadpole?), if you're reading this, get on to it.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Spewing, Douglas would have been great.

In my list is a teenager called Kevin Proctor. If he hasn't extended his contract with the Storm, I implore the Dogs to get hold of him before he is the next big thing.

He was a school boy star, coming from Palm Beach-Currumbin High (same school as Ikin), has a hair style like mine & Sideshow Bob (so easily marketable ala Mason in the 'fro days). He is set for big things.

If Bellyache rates him, he has got the goods. Everyone may have seen him play against the Eels on Sunday. Think it was his firt grade debut.

Moore (Tadpole?), if you're reading this, get on to it.
Yeah I have said it before. I think Douglas has the makings of a NSW Origin prop for many years to come. Paea is very good and will be a great prop also.

I know Proctor, I think he was Schoolboys captain last year (that is what I heard i am not sure). I think he is a second rower. I have seen him play a few times. I haven't noticed him much, but I am sure he is a good talent and will be a good player.

Considering he is a second rower, and we have a large amount of depth there with Ryan, Reni, SBW, Koops, Lee T and Daniel Harrison there, it would not be easy to entice him over considering there wouldn't be an immediate opportunity for him.

Plus the Storm seem to re-sign alot of players you would think they should lose due to cap pressure so I am sure they would be able to squeeze him in even if they shouldn't be able to:p

Inside news

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We are currently in minor talks with Eddie Paea's manager, Ayoub. I will keep you guys updated.

Cheers,
I/N

MPS

I'm Old Gregg
Reaction score
Yeah I have said it before. I think Douglas has the makings of a NSW Origin prop for many years to come. Paea is very good and will be a great prop also.

I know Proctor, I think he was Schoolboys captain last year (that is what I heard i am not sure). I think he is a second rower. I have seen him play a few times. I haven't noticed him much, but I am sure he is a good talent and will be a good player.

Considering he is a second rower, and we have a large amount of depth there with Ryan, Reni, SBW, Koops, Lee T and Daniel Harrison there, it would not be easy to entice him over considering there wouldn't be an immediate opportunity for him.

Plus the Storm seem to re-sign alot of players you would think they should lose due to cap pressure so I am sure they would be able to squeeze him in even if they shouldn't be able to:p
I personally don't think our backrow stocks are really that good.

I would release Maitua & Te Maari tomorrow if I could, all with best wishes for their futures. Haven't seen a lot of Harrison - but everyone speaks highly of him.

Ryan should move up to the front in the near future.

Koups has some potential (I have previously stated how I would like to trial him at 5/8 next year). Sbw hasn't completed a season yet.

I really think we could improve our stocks with another two second row / prop forward players. Proctor fits this well as he is still only a kid, but a massive one at that.

Jesse Royal is the other I would love to see taking the hit-ups in a Dogs jersey.

jacko

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
can i ask u inside news are we in the process of sginning some 1

MPS

I'm Old Gregg
Reaction score
We are currently in minor talks with Eddie Paea's manager, Ayoub. I will keep you guys updated.

Cheers,
I/N
If he is signed, the Barba fans will go off their tree. Don't need him if Groom, Barba, Tomato, etc are what they are portrayed to be.

Getting too many halves now.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Cheers,
I/N
Really?

If that is true, again, it makes no sense.

We have Taumata (if he re-signs), Groom, Noddy, Barba, Roberts and Holdsworth as well as Sully and Ennis who can both play in the halves if called on not to mention other reserves and juniors at the club. We are well catered in the halves and signing Paea from Souths would be a terrible idea and complete waste of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.