Bulldogs 2008/2009: Player Contracts, Signings & Rumours.

Votes: 2 100.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

-313-

Name: bigbird
Date: Sunday, 29th June 2008, 07:22:00 PM
Players on the cleanout list:

We are still trying to offload a number of players,this is what I have heard and what players the club want out:
1.Chris Armit 2.Matt Utai(he wants to go to england),3.Holdworth,4.Cleal-gone,5.Emileo-gone,6.Tsoulos(retire)7.Patten -waiting on further test ,Maybe retire,8.Andrew Ryan (has been offered big bucks to go overseas),9.Fred Briggs-gone,10.Brad Morrin-gone,11.Joe Williams-gone,12 Nick Youngquest-gone,13.Le Tamri ,14.Micheal Sullivan-gone.There is a couple more so i will post them later.
These are the names I have heard that a good start for the cleanout and then and only the we will sign 3 to 4 players and the Super star.
I hope that's true except for Ryan... All the rest can go As far as I'm concerend

C

chipandchase

I hope that's true except for Ryan... All the rest can go As far as I'm concerend
yes i agree, Ryan is staying for sure, can confirm that 100%.
we have to offload some dead wood to keep the youg guys, i agree

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
i don't want utai to go such a good player on his day.

DogSince67

40 years a Dog!
Reaction score
If Big Bird is correct, it may explain why we are not playing well.
Maybe its morale and not just injuries alone

C

chipandchase

If Big Bird is correct, it may explain why we are not playing well.
Maybe its morale and not just injuries alone
if it is true then they better start player better for contracts or they will have no team to play for next year

B

BULLDOG GEORGE

if all these players go we need to sign more players thats for sure.

olddogman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
stop handing out contracts like they are worth nothing used to be just to pull on the jumper was enough now we just seem to keep paying for other teams rejects. Even ryan is down for some reason take the captaincy off him and let him earn it again.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
but utai's runs offer good metres and help forwards catch a breather and his a good finisher too.

Doggiez08

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We need Kaufusi i think. Why is their always rumours of us and second rowers.
Thats not our problem. We need big men to cart the ball up.
Tsoulos when he played this year was the best forward by far (exception SBW) I hope we can get him and Myers and then give Kite a go around them.

MPS

I'm Old Gregg
Reaction score
Why would we go after Ben Jones for.
rather myers or kaufusi
If you mean Brad Myers, no thanks. I rate him like his mate Carlaw - could have been anything but only has enough talent to make up the numbers in the engine room.

Many more players as good and cheaper than Kaufusi.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If you mean Brad Myers, no thanks. I rate him like his mate Carlaw - could have been anything but only has enough talent to make up the numbers in the engine room.

Many more players as good and cheaper than Kaufusi.
Like?

Kaufusi is an Origin prop, and he is young, i'd take him in heartbeat, not overpriced, but out of all the props that are currently avaliable he is the best.

Acorp

Waterboy
Reaction score
I said a couple of days ago the Bulldogs were talking to Ben Jones, it's almost a done deal that he is coming here.[/QU

This ben jones is **** house has only played 3 nrl games this year and onlly made 105 meters......... I dont see why we need this guy we have enough backrower in our team and in our under 20s and nsw cup teams........

Rather go for prop or out side back we are finr in the backrow.........

RootyHillDog

Waterboy
Reaction score
anyone considered this superstar to be one Jonathon Thurston? Everyone knows he never wanted to leave the Bulldogs, his little appearance at Bulldogs hq with his management a while back, every 2nd player seems to have a get out clause these days

Status
Not open for further replies.