Bulldogs 2008/2009: Player Contracts, Signings & Rumours.

Votes: 2 100.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scooby Doo

Waterboy
Reaction score
whats the news with roberts and contract negoigations?

do u reckon moore prefers roberts or holdsworth?

i want roberts signed up!!! and i really dntcare bout daniel.
Why the hell would you want roberts re-signed. The guy is useless

X

XxFoVoSxX

lol
maybe its tame topou ;)
hahaha
i remember in 06
he was gun for the broncos..
from memory he scored 16 tries?
but he aint in the top 5 backs...
lol

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Agreed. I personally think Holdsworth and Kimmorley will be a much stronger combination than Roberts.
No Holdsworth is the worse combination for Kimmorley because Kimmorley has everything Holdsworth has and more.

You need a great running 5/8 or atleast someone with spark.

AJ Taumata, Ben Barba, Ben Roberts, Aaron Groom will all provide this. Holdsworth will not.

B

BULLDOG GEORGE

kimmourly is a steady player and so is holdsworth. it would be better to put kimmourly with a more creative player like roberts or taumata.

dog on guard

mighty doggies
Reaction score
any news on signing an outside back........ We need some speed...
i dont know who the back is but i do know that it will be
only a fring player not a big name due to the club is almost
on the cap

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Roberts is the type of player who needs to pick the right to time to set something up and when he does it would usually lead to a line break, try etc. With Kimmorly he would fire big time.

C

chipandchase

Roberts is the type of player who needs to pick the right to time to set something up and when he does it would usually lead to a line break, try etc. With Kimmorly he would fire big time.
for once you make sense and i agree with you :grinning:

Howsie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I said a couple of days ago the Bulldogs were talking to Ben Jones, it's almost a done deal that he is coming here.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Raiders forward, he is a young guy and I've seen him play a few games. He is pretty good.
He is OK, a second rower.

If he can't consistently get a run in the Raiders team, then what good would it be buying a fringe first grade second rower when we are already more than well suited in that department and have Harrsion coming through soon also?

Wouldn't make sense and would not be a wise investment if true IMO.

Oh, and by the way, he isn't young, he is 28 years old.

C

chipandchase

He is OK, a second rower.

If he can't consistently get a run in the Raiders team, then what good would it be buying a fringe first grade second rower when we are already more than well suited in that department and have Harrsion coming through soon also?

Wouldn't make sense and would not be a wise investment if true IMO.

Oh, and by the way, he isn't young, he is 28 years old.
very true, we have a stack of back rowers, and a few waiting in the wings.
it would be a strange signing, a fringe centre i can understand but not a second rower

DOGS MAFIA

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Name: bigbird
Date: Sunday, 29th June 2008, 07:22:00 PM
Players on the cleanout list:

We are still trying to offload a number of players,this is what I have heard and what players the club want out:
1.Chris Armit 2.Matt Utai(he wants to go to england),3.Holdworth,4.Cleal-gone,5.Emileo-gone,6.Tsoulos(retire)7.Patten -waiting on further test ,Maybe retire,8.Andrew Ryan (has been offered big bucks to go overseas),9.Fred Briggs-gone,10.Brad Morrin-gone,11.Joe Williams-gone,12 Nick Youngquest-gone,13.Le Tamri ,14.Micheal Sullivan-gone.There is a couple more so i will post them later.
These are the names I have heard that a good start for the cleanout and then and only the we will sign 3 to 4 players and the Super star.

C

chipandchase

Name: bigbird
Date: Sunday, 29th June 2008, 07:22:00 PM
Players on the cleanout list:

We are still trying to offload a number of players,this is what I have heard and what players the club want out:
1.Chris Armit 2.Matt Utai(he wants to go to england),3.Holdworth,4.Cleal-gone,5.Emileo-gone,6.Tsoulos(retire)7.Patten -waiting on further test ,Maybe retire,8.Andrew Ryan (has been offered big bucks to go overseas),9.Fred Briggs-gone,10.Brad Morrin-gone,11.Joe Williams-gone,12 Nick Youngquest-gone,13.Le Tamri ,14.Micheal Sullivan-gone.There is a couple more so i will post them later.
These are the names I have heard that a good start for the cleanout and then and only the we will sign 3 to 4 players and the Super star.
well i know first hand that Andrew Ryan has not been offered money overseas and is not going anywhere, so now i have doubts over your information you have just supplied?

DOGS MAFIA

Kennel Established
Reaction score
well i know first hand that Andrew Ryan has not been offered money overseas and is not going anywhere, so now i have doubts over your information you have just supplied?
just posting off the BDP & Bigbirds post, didnt say it was true

C

chipandchase

just posting off the BDP & Bigbirds post, didnt say it was true
ok sorry about that, yeh Ryan is going nowhere and has not been offered money elsewhere.
good to see Holdsworth being off loaded.
POOR ELMO LOL

DOGS MAFIA

Kennel Established
Reaction score
ok sorry about that, yeh Ryan is going nowhere and has not been offered money elsewhere.
good to see Holdsworth being off loaded.
POOR ELMO LOL
i agree with the whole list except for Ryan he deserves a good team around him, instead of tackling for everyone else

Status
Not open for further replies.